Page 60 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BallsofThunder View Post
    Touche, worthy adversary.
    Awwww Thanks! I'm usually referred to as much nastier things then a worthy adversary!

Your gonna make me blush!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by surafang View Post
    Im not trying to hate on Muradin but i just read the part in Rise of the Lich King Arthas just smacked him with Kelthuzad the didnt even fight back wasnt even a fight jaina was doing all the work by killing the undead with fire bolt. Muradin is one of fav charaters but Grom has done much more than him to be able to beat him.
    Well this isnt about how much anyone has done .. its about who would win in a fight. You know Muradin never rly had to fight anyone important so you cant say Muradin would lose because Grom killed Mannoroth .. that doesnt make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ramboxmb View Post
    Well this isnt about how much anyone has done .. its about who would win in a fight. You know Muradin never rly had to fight anyone important so you cant say Muradin would lose because Grom killed Mannoroth .. that doesnt make any sense.
    Im not talking about Mannoroth im talking about when grom took down the orc chieften alone who possesed the skull of guldan. Grom has more 1v1 experience than Muradin. Also im not saying this as a shot at Muradin we have never heard of muradin taking on one foe alone with out help. Grom was a gladiator according to wowwiki.
    Last edited by surafang; 2010-08-16 at 02:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could Muradin stand that freakish scream? I doubt it, hardly anything besides a deaf person could bear that noise without even standing there dazed or stunned for a bit, and if he was right up close and personal? Eardrums ruptured, the poor dwarf would be stunned, and then decapitated shortly afterwards (no pun intended I swear).
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2010-08-16 at 03:39 AM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Winner - Tirion Fordring

Prepotency - 64.20% Of The Vote

Pertinence - Advancement To The Bracket Finals

Once again the world turned its eyes to Northern Lordaeron as Battle of the Badasses commenced once more. Thoroughly pleased with the results from the first round of competition, the Bronze Dragonflight gathered in Tirisfal Glades to witness the opening match of the second round themselves. Standing in the center of the Ruins of Lordaeron was Chromie, the grand architect of the tournament. Having been the primary force behind the selection and organization process, it was only fitting for her to be the one to commence the next round of competitions.

Standing beside her was Vixton Pinchwhistle, the goblin in charge of conducting all battles in Lordaeron throughout the tournament. "Protectors of time. Warriors of eternity. Thank you again for gathering here once more for this very special occasion." shouted Chromie. "In order to protect our world. To ensure the survival of our very existence. We continue our challenge to find the ultimate warrior to protect the strands of time." Chromie continued. "We've completed one round of competitions, and already we've lost sixteen of our bravest champions. We mourn for them, but sacrifices needed to be made. More blood will be spilled however if we wish to reach our conclusion." the bronze dragon shouted. "That starts today." she finished.

With that, Chromie gave the floor to Vixton Pinchwhistle, as the goblin began to introduce the combatants. "Coming off a dominating performance against Edwin VanCleef, I give you, King of Stormwind, Varian Wrynn!" shouted the goblin. Walking out from the shadows came the King of Stormwind, known to some as "Lo'Gosh" or "The Ghost Wolf". Upon reaching the center of the arena, Varian saluted the crowd and raised Shalamayne as he pointed at his opponent, who was also now making his way into the arena.

"One of the greatest paladins in all of Azeroth. The slayer of the Lich King. Wielder of Ashbringer. I give to you, Tirion Fordring!" bellowed the goblin. The crowd responded by giving Tirion a thundering ovation. The honorable paladin responded by giving a respectful bow, then another to his opponent. "If I could wound you only Tirion, I would." responded Varian. "Fear not young king." Tirion countered. "The Light will guide us this day. Whomever survives will be her will, and all will be right in the end." said Tirion.

Varian nodded in agreement with the paladin as Vixton Pinchwhistle made his way off the arena floor, the signal for the battle to commence. Varian tightened his grip on Shalamayne as he sprung into action, but it was the old paladin Tirion who got the first jump. Bringing Ashbringer down upon his opponent, Tirion nearly ended the match before it even began. But the years Varian spent battling as a gladiator paid off once again, as he instinctively deflected the blow at the last possible moment.

"Nicely done your majesty." said Tirion. "Not bad yourself old man. You still have some jump left in your step." responded Varian. "Oh I still yet have a few tricks up my sleeve Varian." countered the paladin. "Let us find out then!" grunted Varian, as the warrior leapt toward his opponent, unleashing a fury of blows with Shalamayne. The old paladin was put on the defensive and was forced to use every technique he had to fend off the furious assault. But even that was not enough, as Varian managed to sneak through a blow that sent the paladin reeling backwards.

Varian paused for a moment, almost startled as he watched his friend clutch his wounded arm. "Don't hold back!" grunted Tirion. "We cannot afford to! There is too much at stake!" he followed. Nodding in agreement, Varian resumed his assault. But this time Tirion was ready for him. Deflecting the first incoming blow with Ashbringer, Tirion tactically positioned himself in such a way, that the out of position Varian tumbled over the cleverly positioned paladin. The helpless Varian crashed into the hard stone floor, losing his grip on his sword and sending Shalamayne skittering across the room.

Sensing victory was within his grasp, Tirion brought Ashbringer above his head and bore down on his prone opponent. But Varian was quick to react, once again his reflexes saving him from certain death. Bringing his foot up into the descending Tirion, the former gladiator kicked with all his might, sending the surprised paladin tumbling backwards. Quickly diving across the floor, Varian reached for Shalamayne. "There you are!" Varian gasped, as his hand quickly tightened around its beautifully adorned hilt. "Don't fail me now!" he grunted, as he hurled the sword toward Tirion with all his might.

A blow such as that should have skewered the old paladin, but once more his many years of training saved him. Sensing the sword coming toward him, Tirion quickly called forth his Divine Protection spell. Just as the blade was about to rip into him, the spell took effect and instantly enveloped him inside its holy protective shield. Instead of piercing through armor, the blade met the impervious protective field and shattered into a thousand pieces.

Realizing what had happened, Varians expression turned from that of shock, to utter defeat. Coming to terms with his fate, Varian brought himself to his knees as Tirion made his way over. "Finish it Tirion! It is you who will protect us all." Yelled Varian. "You fought bravely young king. Your sacrifice will be told throughout the strands of time. For that, we all thank you." the paladin calmly stated.

Varian lowered his head and closed his eyes as Tirion raised Ashbringer. "Please forgive me Varian. May the light protect you in the afterlife." the paladin grimaced through choked up tears. "You are forgiven old friend." Varian calmly replied, as the cold steel of Ashbringer came down and bit through his flesh, taking Varians head with one clean stroke. Wiping away the tears, Tirion slowly made his away to the arena exit, realizing now that it was his destiny and the Lights will for him to win the tournament.

- Written by Nuke1096
    Last edited by Nuke1096; 2010-08-16 at 04:55 PM.

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    We have our diff opinions, thats fine. I think a bloodhazeless Grom would lose to Saurfang and you think otherwise, it's all good.
    Hmmmm you do know Varok drank the blood too, right?

Awwww Thanks! I'm usually referred to as much nastier things then a worthy adversary!

Your gonna make me blush!
    I say stuff like that too you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Hmmmm you do know Varok drank the blood too, right?
    Uhmm.. yes. I had to reaffirm that in my post because it was misinterpreted.

What I was trying to make clear was a fight between bloodhazed Grom and normal Saurfang is unfair.

I say stuff like that too you know...
    Who say's I don't blush when you do it as well?

Did Varian's sword just break on Tirion's bubble? * sigh *

Deleted
    Uhmm.. yes. I had to reaffirm that in my post because it was misinterpreted.

What I was trying to make clear was a fight between bloodhazed Grom and normal Saurfang is unfair.
    Well, he wouldn't have to deal with the rage that clouds the senses. But yeah, they should be on equal footing. Still, I think Grom would be very capable of taking him down, the Warsong were always a warlike clan while the Blackrocks were quite a bit more peaceful. Thus Grom would have more experience.

Who say's I don't blush when you do it as well?
    Oh... okay... *Kicks invisible stone*

Well, he wouldn't have to deal with the rage that clouds the senses. But yeah, they should be on equal footing. Still, I think Grom would be very capable of taking him down, the Warsong were always a warlike clan while the Blackrocks were quite a bit more peaceful. Thus Grom would have more experience.

Oh... okay... *Kicks invisible stone*
    Can i find were its stated Saurfang is a blackrock? I thought he was a Warsong orc

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice summary of the Varian vs Tirion fight, despite the formatting errors. Makes me wonder what the purpose of the tournament actually is, now. It sounds almost like One Must Fall 2097, that robot fighting game from the 90s: each opponent had his or her own reasons for wanting to win the tournament. Wait, that's just like every fighting game ever made. Guess I just liked OMF - definitely a favourite.

Let's hope that the light prevails and the over all winner isn't some psychotic schemer intent on destruction through serving the old gods or their own selfish ends...
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Grom wouldn't eat any of these guys alive. Without his demonic blood he is 1000% less intimidating.

Or maybe because Saurfang is smarter.

Has Grom killed anyone of importance without some assistance from the demonic blood?
    Stop making it sound like the demonic blood isn't part of his arsenal. You want to strip Frostmourne away from Arthas, Medivhs Guardian powers, or Malfurions druidic powers away? No, it is part of their arsenal, and the demonic blood is part of his.

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    Stop making it sound like the demonic blood isn't part of his arsenal. You want to strip Frostmourne away from Arthas, Medivhs Guardian powers, or Malfurions druidic powers away? No, it is part of their arsenal, and the demonic blood is part of his.
    It isn't.

Awesome recap of Tirion vs. Varian battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    Stop making it sound like the demonic blood isn't part of his arsenal.
    The OP stated in the beginning that it wasn't. So you should stop making it sound like it was

Deleted
    The OP stated in the beginning that it wasn't. So you should stop making it sound like it was
    But is it a cleansed Grom or one that never drank the blood? Because (ironically) the latter would be a lot more reckless.

But is it a cleansed Grom or one that never drank the blood? Because (ironically) the latter would be a lot more reckless.
    I guess that depends on who you vote for. If you vote for grom, he'll automatically turn reckless. If you vote for his enemy, he'll turn old school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle View Post
    I guess that depends on who you vote for. If you vote for grom, he'll automatically turn reckless. If you vote for his enemy, he'll turn old school.
    Nice one.

Blood Free Grom period.

Being more reckless against a seasoned war vet like Saurfang will be a good way to lose your head. Also unlike the moronic Bonechewer who let Grom scream in his face... I highly doubt Varok would be as accomidating

Deleted
    Blood Free Grom period.

Being more reckless against a seasoned war vet like Saurfang will be a good way to lose your head. Also unlike the moronic Bonechewer who let Grom scream in his face... I highly doubt Varok would be as accomidating
    No blood curse on any of them?

So that would mean they're both as they were back on Draenor... I checked the stuff with Varok's clan, and it's either Warsong or Blackrock (Blizz weren't too specific in the interview). If it's Blackrock, Grom had more experience due to being from a more warlike clan. If it's Warsong, Grom would be stronger because he became chieftain.

Logic, I has it.

No blood curse on any of them?

So that would mean they're both as they were back on Draenor... I checked the stuff with Varok's clan, and it's either Warsong or Blackrock (Blizz weren't too specific in the interview). If it's Blackrock, Grom had more experience due to being from a more warlike clan. If it's Warsong, Grom would be stronger because he became chieftain.

Logic, I has it.
    It no longer matters anyway, because grom has too many votes for saurfang to win anymore.
    Imo we need a Battle of the Badasses' Weapons , and find out if Two-Handed Axe wins from Gorehowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]