Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilator12 View Post
    hmm now where has jaina gone...
    she's dead, tyrande hit her with her bow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing, please finish this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by karzal View Post
    she's dead, tyrande hit her with her bow.
    Surprisingly effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm betting that jaina is not dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilator12 View Post
    I'm betting that jaina is not dead
    If anything, Keal'thas is not dead. He will come in on the last round mounting Anub'arak, with his setback scepter in hand, and an army of stepping stones with one goal in mind: a much larger plan.

For all purposes of this contest, she lost. And generally, losing means dying. Though, she COULD be alive, she'd not be picked to be the victor of the tournament.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

well, Mankrik didn't die, and he lost his battle. this Tyrande was VERY OOC, but the fight was nicely written(though Emaluri could've explored a bit more of Tyrande's other abilities, besides flaming arrows), so I don't really care ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Pok
    CC of WOTLK era=kill it faster. Why turn it into a sheep when you can turn it into a corpse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    If anything, Keal'thas is not dead. He will come in on the last round mounting Anub'arak, with his setback scepter in hand, and an army of stepping stones with one goal in mind: a much larger plan.
    They have nothing on Sylvanas, she is the Setback Queen.

10+ Year Old Account
    nice

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dead or not, I doubt the OP will expand on what happened to Jaina anyway. So for now, just make up what you want I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardomsc View Post
    well, Mankrik didn't die, and he lost his battle. this Tyrande was VERY OOC, but the fight was nicely written(though Emaluri could've explored a bit more of Tyrande's other abilities, besides flaming arrows), so I don't really care ^^
    Many of her other abilities were pointless (Owl Scout), difficult or useless to express (Trueshot Aura), or implied and not needed (High Priestess).

She uses her most powerful magic when confronted by a threat that isn't going the way she wants it to, and since Jaina wasn't trying to kill her, there wasn't much point to Starfall.

Just remember, it's still early in the tournament. There's no need for many of the fighters to throw all their tricks in immediately.

Yeah another kickass recap by Emaluri.

Btw, like somebody suggested, I've updated the front page of this thread with a section with links to all the recaps of finished fights. I'll do that for each round so everything is "archived" in the first post. Additionally, here's what the schedule looks like now for the rest of the round with the revisions we negotiated with the mods. Assuming there are no more interruptions, Round Two should start, ironically enough, on Friday the 13th of August.

Sunday, August 1

- Arthas
    - Teron

Tuesday, August 3

- Thrall
    - Zul'jin

Thursday, August 5

- Muradin
    - Uther

Saturday, August 7

- Orgrim
    - Rexxar

Monday, August 9

- Bolvar
    - Lothar

Wednesday, August 11

- Medivh
    - Gul'dan

------------------------------------------

And here are the known second round matchups we have to look forward to...

- Varian
    - Tirion

- Grom
    - Saurfang

- Malfurion
    - Tyrande

- Sylvanas
    - Vol'jin
    Last edited by Nuke1096; 2010-07-31 at 07:13 AM.

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

Malfurion kills Tyrande,Vol'jin kills Sylvanas,Varian and Tirion tie,and OFC Saurfang Cleaves Grom's ass(that the real reason Mannoroth died,Saurfang Cleaved Grom toward Mannoroth)
    Everything that is,is alive

-This Signature was made by Geekissexy,The Signature Master.

Arthas is going to wipe the floor with Teron's butt(imo), but it will be a good fight nonetheless. can't wait for tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pok
    CC of WOTLK era=kill it faster. Why turn it into a sheep when you can turn it into a corpse.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to be torn between Vol'jin and Sylvanas. They're the only non-douche horde leaders left in Cata.

Was there a story written for Kael'thas and Malfurion yet? If so, what page??

Great work btw Emaluri; I love the stories!
    Last edited by Ellasril; 2010-07-31 at 03:56 PM.

Stood in the Fire BallsofThunder's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellasril View Post
    I'm voting for Vol'jin. He's the only non-douche horde leaders left in Cata.

Thats what I heard(err saw).

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BallsofThunder View Post
    Thats what I heard(err saw).
    Whaaaaat??

Not what I posted...

I hate to be torn between Vol'jin and Sylvanas. They're the only non-douche horde leaders left in Cata.

Thank you!

The recaps of the completed battles are linked at the bottom of the original post. Enjoy!

Stood in the Fire BallsofThunder's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whaaaaat??

Not what I posted...
    That was the joke, I dont like Sylvannas so I changed your post because I'm not the nicest guy.

Winner - Grom Hellscream

Prepotency - 60.00% Of The Vote

Pertinence - Advancement To Round Two

Discovery in the Night

The blood-tinged skies of Blade's Edge Mountains hardly change during the day. As the sun of Draenor rises, the sky burns angrily. As day turns to night, the anger abates until morning, giving way to violet horizons and the deep black of night.

Twilight descends on the Circle of Blood, and the crowds disperse to the camps surrounding the arena. The air is full of chatter about the fight. Mankrik did better than anyone could've expected. He had the mighty general on the defensive! Saurfang toyed with the blademaster as a child toys with an insect. He put so much effort into not crushing Mankrik that he would've ended the match sooner in his sleep. Where were the cleaves?!

In the arena, a figure cloaked in black robes wanders the coliseum floor. Kneeling down, it reaches out with a plated hand, gathering some of the sand and letting it sift through its fingers. Standing up, it looks into the darkening sky, The black hood falls back to reveal the pale face of a man, concern arching is brow. He sweeps forward and enters the bowels of the arena.

Below, the man slips through the dark interior. He slowly makes his way towards the combatant's quarters, searching them one by one until he finds one occupied. A cold blue light filters from the space around the door, and a light mist emits from the slightly cracked door. The cloaked man steps close to it, peering through the thin openings in the door.

In the center of the room floats a large sword, its outline a silhouette of freezing air. He hears several voices, but there appears to be no one inside. Each voice grows in volume, until they were whispering straight into his mind. “...hungers...power eternal...scar the spirit...” The blade's form begins to shift into that of a man, ethereal in nature, right in front of him. As it solidifies, the features become more pronounced. Long, gray hair falls just below the man's shoulders, and his body engraves itself into blackened doomplate.

The cloaked man left the arena quickly, heading towards the spectator camps. In his mind, the transformation plays over and over. The blade had occupied the room where his opponent was to be housed. He might need to 'adjust' the odds.

Sliding around the first camp, one filled with orcs and tauren, the man hears only one among them speaking – an ancient tauren with a voice deep with wisdom. “Tomorrow, I will make an announcement to the crowds. A small group of adventurers entered the tower of Karazhan to deal with an evil power there. As they fought through, they found something of great importance.” The ancient warrior took several steps towards a nearby kodo, withdrawing a large, wrapped item from its packs.

Moving back to the group, the massive tauren rests the package in view of the whole group. Kneeling down, he slides the cloth wrapping back with great care, inciting gasps from the orcs in the camp. One of them speaks up, “Cairne, that is Gorehowl! Axe of Grom Hellscream!” The venerable tauren chuckles and nods, “That it is. I had a young warrior bring it to me the day before we left for this tournament. I planned to unveil it and return it to Thrall while we were here, but it seems that he has not attended.” Cairne settles into the dirt alongside his brethren. “Regardless, I shall announce it tomorrow.”

The orc who had spoken before gazed at the axe. “I can only imagine how many enemies of the mighty Hellscream this axe slaughtered, or how much of himself Grom poured into it. This is truly an amazing find...”

With a smile, the cloaked man walked away from the camp. If it was Gorehowl, then Grom's spirit may yet rest inside. That would prove very useful to him in his fight. Arriving at his own tent, he begins chanting an ancient ritual, his mind focused solely on the morning.

The Return of Hellscream

As day dawns over the camps, word has spread that Cairne had an important announcement to make in the arena around midday..The few with any knowledge were stubbornly keeping it to themselves, and the collective excitement and curiosity electrified the air.

Slipping into the camp, the cloaked man was searching for the axe. Gorehowl had been moved in the night, and it was not among the packages with the kodo. While the camp's inhabitants were away eating, the man searches each tent. Within the largest, he finds his prize – Gorehowl rested within its wrapping at the foot of a large bed.

Taking the axe, the man laid it out in the middle of the hut, continuing the ritual he had prepared the night before. The sounds of the ancient Orcish language filled the tent, and as the man chanted, Gorehowl begins to rise into the air. The wind whips through the hut, swirling around the mighty Hellscream's axe, before condensing into an orc's form. Taking a firm grasp on the axe, the deep emerald skin of an orc floods out from Gorehowl's haft. Black hair sprouts from his head, tying itself into a warrior's topknot as his chin blackens. Finally, the sashimono unique to Grom Hellscream coalesces on the blademaster's back, completing the spirit's summoning.

The cloaked man lifts a truncheon towards the spirit of Hellscream, commanding it with a deep tone full of dark power. “You serve ME, ghost of Hellscream! You serve the mighty Gorefiend! You will fight with me, and you will die with me!” The spirit of the orc looks at Teron for a moment, as if contemplating him, before spitting at his feet and walking out of the tent. Furious, Teron gives chase, trying to force his will onto the spirit, but the mighty Hellscream will have none of it.

Crowds begin to pass by the camp, heading up to the arena. When some of the spectators stop and start pointing at the spirit, Hellscream lets loose a primal roar, charging into the crowd. Gorehowl cleaves through them with remarkable ease, and as the first corpses fall to the ground, the rest of the crowd screams and scrambles to escape. Teron leaves with them, unable to bend the mighty spirit to his will, and unwilling to fight it.

Cairne looks up as he hears the screaming, rushing forward and drawing his runespear. Rounding the corner, he witnesses Hellscream's spirit cleaving an orc into two. “What foul magics have done this...?” At the sound of a voice, Hellscream turns around and raises his axe. With a mighty swing of his spear, Cairne strikes the ground, creating a shockwave that shatters the ground as it plows towards the blademaster. “To the arena!” the tauren shouts, leading the spectators that had stayed behind towards the Circle of Blood.

Reaching the gates, Cairne ushers the last few stragglers into the stands and drops the gates, protecting them from the spirit. Turning back towards the camps, he sees Grom rushing up the hill towards him. Letting loose another earth-shattering shockwave, Cairne rushes back onto the arena floor, baiting the spirit to follow him. Reaching the metal grate over the combatant lifts, the old tauren turns to face the spirit just as it runs into the arena.

“Drop the gates! Trap him inside!” Cairne shouts, and the entrance gates clatter shut and lock with grating steel. Grom looks at them briefly, before turning silently on the chieftain. While the orc raises his axe, Cairne levels his runespear. The two warriors lock eyes, and the battle begins.

Cairne Bloodhoof, High Chieftain of the Bloodhoof Tribe vs. Blademaster Grom Hellscream, Redeemer of the Orcs

Staring at the blademaster's spirit, Cairne circles his way slowly off the grate. Matching his movements, Grom carefully held Gorehowl at the ready. Stepping onto the solid ground, Cairne brings his runespear onto the ground again, roaring with the ferocity of an angered tauren. The ground ruptures forward from the point of impact, spiking earth upwards and out and leaving rubble in the wake of the shockwave. Grom rolls sideways and charges down the line of broken ground, Gorehowl held over the spikes.

The tauren's runespear rises and catches Gorehowl, forcing it upwards and back, wrenching it from the spirit's grasp. Even as the axe is thrown clear, lodging deeply in the wooden platforms above, Grom's spirit leaps off of the broken ground and knees Cairne in the throat. The stout tauren shrugs off the blow with a deep roar, reaching up as he falls back from the strike. He grabs the blademaster's other leg and holds tight. Throwing with the strength of two tauren, Cairne flings Grom into a nearby pillar and grips his runespear again.

Grom flips through the air and gets control of himself just in time to land on the pillar with his feet. He leaps off of it, taking firm grasp of Gorehowl and using his momentum to tear it free. He lands on the shattered ground, bouncing nimbly between the jagged spikes of earth to reach flat ground. As he lands, the blunt end of Cairne's runespear catches him in the stomach and throws the spirit backwards. Grom rolls as he lands several yards away.

The spirit of the mighty Hellscream raises Gorehowl, holding it out to the side. His image shimmers faintly before it charges at the chieftain. Just before striking, Grom leaps into the air and brings Gorehowl down towards the tauren's head. Cairne easily brings his runespear up and gores the blademaster straight through the chest. The blademaster immediately bursts into a small cloud of violet smoke and light electrical discharges. Cairne began to sigh with relief, but a sudden gust of wind from the wrong direction made him spin around and raise his spear. Gorehowl slams heavily into the shaft of the spear, digging into the stout wood and throwing Cairne backwards and off-balance.

Grom wrenches the axe free and comes in for a finishing strike, but Cairne takes several steps back and re-balances himself against his runespear. Undeterred, the blademaster's spirit rushes forward to strike again. With a mighty roar, Cairne slams the spear into the ground and massive vibrations rumble through it, tripping the blademaster so committed to the charge. Grom tucked in and somersaulted back into balance, but as he recovers, the chieftain has already distanced himself and brought his spear down for another shockwave. The orc leaps backwards over the first shockwave's devastation just in time to avoid the brunt of the attack.

Cairne turns around as soon as he releases the shockwave, running back and up the ramp to the wooden platforms. As the shockwave slams into the rubble from the first, the jagged rocks explode outwards and catch the blademaster in the chest. It throws him back into a nearby wall, burying him in the rubble. From his vantage point, the tauren chieftain watches the pile of rubble carefully, not to be fooled by the presumed demise again.

The dust begins to settle, and hesitantly Cairne begins to scan the rest of the arena. He spots the previous day's combatants in the stands, Varok and Mankrik having just arrived. The sound of rubble shifting brings him back into the arena, but by the time he can look back at the pile where Grom had been buried, it was already shifted and the blademaster had gone.

The chieftain runs towards the center of the bridge. The wind is a soft breeze against his fur, but he refuses to let his guard down. This proves a good thing, as the wind buffets him furiously. Not even waiting to see where it was coming from, Cairne brings his runespear down on the wooden bridge viciously, shattering it from that point and sending shockwaves towards either end, while using the force to push him onto the stone pillar next to him. Only just large enough to hold him, the chieftain finally feels a sense of peace as the bridge crumbles to the broken ground below.

As Cairne lowers his spear, the wind buffets him again, shaking his precarious balance. The spirit of Grom shouts furiously, the wind dissipating from around him as he runs straight up the side of the pillar. Reaching the top, he leaps upwards and kicks straight into Cairne's face. The old tauren yells in pain as he falls back, his balance not yet recovered. Grom uses the kick to throw himself into the air, and as the tauren lands flat on his back, gravity yanks the blademaster down. With the combined momentum of his leap and the pull of gravity, the spirit brings Gorehowl down and buries it deeply into the chieftain's chest.

The venerable tauren roars in pain, trying futilely to sit up. Hellscream stands up and tears Gorehowl free, turning in time to see Saurfang and Mankrik leap over the barrier separating the crowd from the arena. Behind him, Cairne struggles to survive, but the wound proves too much for him. The life leaves the mighty tauren warrior even as Gorehowl, still dripping with blood, is bared towards the blademaster's new enemies.

- Written by Emaluri

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here