Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Can anyone with active account post this in blizz priest forums?

Hello everyone. Since I'm not playing anymore (but might come back for Cataclysm), I was wondering can anyone help me by submitting this on any of blizz's official forums? It's about the only thing that was annoying to me - mounts in shadowform. The idea is to make a switch between having your mount in shadowform and not, while you still remain in shadowform. Some people might like the idea of having their mounts in shadowform - I admit, some of the mounts look beautiful in it (nether drakes, talbuks, wolves), while some of them don't (Ashes of Al'ar, Zulian Tiger, Spectral Tiger). It really varies between different users' views, but can't they make it optional? Personally I have the phoenix mount (I'm not boasting!) and it looks really shit in shadowform. So, a simple on/off switch -- either from console, or somewhere in the interface, would be awesome. The idea is to be entirely optional -- default settings remain (player and mount are in shadowform). And don't tell me "turn off shadowform", it's pointless and it's not a solution.
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by mmoc3084e27e77; 2010-07-17 at 04:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Um, you know you can just turn off Shadowform while mounted? Problem solved. It's also equally pointless to design an option to turn off Shadowform for being mounted, as that would require creating an ENTIRE options mechanic and testing it just for ONE spec of ONE class.

And that is EXACTLY what Blizzard will tell you. No point in even relaying this message, that's going to be your answer.
    Last edited by Fenixdown; 2010-07-17 at 04:45 PM. Reason: added additional insight
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    ...and waste mana and click off the shadowform every time you mount and click it on every time you mount off? that's ridiculous.
    I don't think that it is hard to make it so - they are doing far more useless cosmetic stuff, why couldn't they just at least think about this? Also, it is visual only - it doesn't affect gameplay, doubt that they will debug it that much. Don't you think that it's at least worth asking?

If it really bothers you that much, don't specc shadow. They won't change it anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by nitrobg View Post
    Hello everyone. Since I'm not playing anymore (but might come back for Cataclysm), I was wondering can anyone help me by submitting this on any of blizz's official forums? It's about the only thing that was annoying to me - mounts in shadowform. The idea is to make a switch between having your mount in shadowform and not, while you still remain in shadowform. Some people might like the idea of having their mounts in shadowform - I admit, some of the mounts look beautiful in it (nether drakes, talbuks, wolves), while some of them don't (Ashes of Al'ar, Zulian Tiger, Spectral Tiger). It really varies between different users' views, but can't they make it optional? Personally I have the phoenix mount (I'm not boasting!) and it looks really shit in shadowform. So, a simple on/off switch -- either from console, or somewhere in the interface, would be awesome. The idea is to be entirely optional -- default settings remain (player and mount are in shadowform). And don't tell me "turn off shadowform", it's pointless and it's not a solution.
    Thanks in advance!
    Why don't you wait until you start playing again and then post it yourself?

Great news!

At the Argent Tournament grounds, mounts (named vehicles) don't go with you in Shadowform, even if you are in Shadowform yourself. Downside: The red-yellow-green shields that block 30% incoming damage are in Shadowform too.

But your mount isn't.

Problem solved. Just stay in the Argent Tournament grounds till your days are over.

15+ Year Old Account
    ...and waste mana and click off the shadowform every time you mount and click it on every time you mount off? that's ridiculous.
    I don't think that it is hard to make it so - they are doing far more useless cosmetic stuff, why couldn't they just at least think about this? Also, it is visual only - it doesn't affect gameplay, doubt that they will debug it that much. Don't you think that it's at least worth asking?
    Because you won't regen the mana while you're flying.
    Because you need to be in shadowform on a mount.
    Because you are doing so much DPS while mounted.

Shadowform's not cosmetic in the first place. It's not something you turn on and off going "tee hee hee I glow purple like mah phat epix". It's a gameplay mechanic intended to increase your DPS output.

Why the HELL should Blizzard take time to alter settings for, again, ONE SPEC OF ONE CLASS IN THE GAME. You say "they're changing other cosmetic stuff"...those affect all the classes, every player. Your suggestion affects one spec of one class (approximately 0.03% of the entire playerbase, at most), and somehow you think this is necessary? And for what...because the fact that you already have a solution to your problem, which isn't even a problem in the first place...but you're bitching about wasting mana on a MOUNT?

Please, don't come back for Cataclysm. Just don't come back at all. The game doesn't need anymore people like you, that make mountains out of ant farms. Holy cow, this is the worst thing I've seen someone complain about in months by far.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

15+ Year Old Account
    When I levelled as a Druid (Boomkin for the example), I had to change back form every time I mounted as mounting causes Druid forms to be removed. Druids are forced to waste mana and not stay in their form. Please don't complain when you have the option to stay in your form and not waste mana.

Deleted
    Seriously, does people have to complain about everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    When I levelled as a Druid (Boomkin for the example), I had to change back form every time I mounted as mounting causes Druid forms to be removed. Druids are forced to waste mana and not stay in their form. Please don't complain when you have the option to stay in your form and not waste mana.
    100x this.

Blizzard is seriously not going to care.

Yeah, that 500 mana is a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Oh come on... Blizzard is keenly aware of the horrors of mana expenditure when not in combat. Otherwise they wouldn't have transformed that silly flight speed enhancing trinket into this!

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    one spec of one class (approximately 0.03% of the entire playerbase, at most)
    only 3 out of 10000 players are shadowpriests?

Deleted
    Okay.

I DO want to play shadow.

I might renew my account when cataclysm hits.

As I remember, clicking off a buff doesn't require mana - it requires when you click it on. It is pointless to tell me to click it off - it's not a solution to the problem. I do NOT mean to remove the shadowform completely when you are mounted - the player can be in sform, without the mount. So yes, it is cosmetic. If they are changing cosmetic stuff for all players and all classes, why should we care that druid's forms have new skins? It is exactly the same. And if you're not good at math - it is not 0.03% of all population, but more like 1/30, which is round 3%. This is not a complain, but simply a suggestion - there's a difference.

Druids don't use mana in their cat and bear forms and you don't have to be in tree or moonkin form to kill a single mob (shadow priests have to -- MF gets easily interrupted).

you don't have to be in tree or moonkin form to kill a single mob (shadow priests have to -- MF gets easily interrupted).
    That is not helping your case, just saying

Okay.

As I remember, clicking off a buff doesn't require mana - it requires when you click it on. It is pointless to tell me to click it off - it's not a solution to the problem. I do NOT mean to remove the shadowform completely when you are mounted - the player can be in sform, without the mount. So yes, it is cosmetic. If they are changing cosmetic stuff for all players and all classes, why should we care that druid's forms have new skins? It is exactly the same. And if you're not good at math - it is not 0.03% of all population, but more like 1/30, which is round 3%. This is not a complain, but simply a suggestion - there's a difference.

Druids don't use mana in their cat and bear forms and you don't have to be in tree or moonkin form to kill a single mob (shadow priests have to -- MF gets easily interrupted).
    No, druids don't have to be in tree form to kill a mob (duh), but moonkins "need" to be in moonkin form to kill stuff just as a shadow priest "needs" to be in shadow form to kill something.
    And to test your theory, I went and killed an 80 elite with 38k health without shadowform. Took me 6 seconds.

I presume about 0.005% of the playerbase even notices the change and less than half of that care.

Deleted
    Okay, I agree that moonkins are on the same situation. Also I totally forgot that the trees were healers - my bad.
    You have a point - both classes can be without dps form to kill a mob. I don't know how good are spriests now - I stopped playing after 3.2. However let's stick to the topic - blizzard are adding much more useless stuff. Shadow priests will notice the change for sure. Some might not care, but some will.

A) You say that blizzard is adding useless stuff, yet you do not elaborate.
    B) Most spriests think that the added color of shadowform to their mounts make it cool/unique
    C) Switching the mechanics of a single spell just so that it can be more aestetically pleasing to you is useless even though you can just switch shadowform off and come up with the same effect

Quit your whining and deal with it or reroll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay.

Why fix a problem when the problem doesn't exist?

If the 500 mana or so is such a big deal when you're flying then you'll simply have to stick it out I'm afraid, because they wont change it.

Deleted
    A) non-combat pets, new critters and their spawn and movement points, new weapon glows.. I don't know - I'm not playing it, so I can't tell you what's changed - I am talking the minor cosmetic changes.
    B) sure, I agree. But some of them don't like it.
    C) it is not just me, I am quite sure that a lot other people would enjoy the option of having this choice. Switching shadowform off is indeed the same effect, however it's not the same.
    I am not whining, just suggesting something. I dealt with it for many years and I don't want to reroll.