Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mass Resurrection Brings all dead party and raid members back to life with 35 health and 35 mana. Cannot be cast when in combat. 64% of base mana, Unlimited range, 10 sec cast
    Ehm,.. what about those who don't have mana?
    Warriors, rogues, deathknights, hunters? Will we be able to rez anyone? >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Dalehan View Post
    Negative, even Ragnarok online has had similar features for years, sharing some of the experience you earn with your guild's progression to increase guild level, which would increase the guild cap etc, allow you to purchase better guardians during guild wars, etc.
    im in beta and honestly, it sucks. the game feels like its being converted into a kids game. there are lots of neat new things to look at but beyond that the mechanics are horribly dull.

Honor Points - Gained from killing Players, used to buy PvP gear.
    Heroism Points - Gained from Killing Bosses in Heroics and Raids, used to buy PvE gear.

Also, yes small guilds get all the same benefits from the guild lvling system, it is a ratio. No matter if you have 400 players or 4, only the top 10 earners in your guild (per day) contribute to your guild leveling. So yes, even 4 players in a guild will get all the buffs, it just might take longer.

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how long it will take to achieve all those ranks.

QUESTION: Is the 10% XP guild perk likely to stack with the lv 1-80 20 XP Hierloom Gear buff??

10+ Year Old Account
    does any one knows if the +exp bonus stacks whit the heirloom items and the + rep bonus stacks whit the human bonus ?

if they do XD 30% xp and 20% rep

Quote Originally Posted by tengobotas View Post
    im in beta and honestly, it sucks. the game feels like its being converted into a kids game. there are lots of neat new things to look at but beyond that the mechanics are horribly dull.
    This is what I was worried about.

I haven't played WoW in months but have always looked forward to Cata to breath some fresh air into the game. Unfortunately it looks as if it is being dumbed down and released with not only a huge lack of features, but also killing off the way the game has been played.

I'm all for change but the way they are taking numerous stats and talents out of the game makes it feel like a PS3 game where options are very limited.

Quote Originally Posted by lopus View Post
    does any one knows if the +exp bonus stacks whit the heirloom items and the + rep bonus stacks whit the human bonus ?

if they do XD 30% xp and 20% rep
    actually its 35 %
    chest 10
    shoulders 10
    ring 5
    guild 10
    --------

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedlina View Post
    actually its 35 %
    chest 10
    shoulders 10
    ring 5
    guild 10
    --------
    yeah but i never win the fishing contest , but you are right 5% more if you have "the ring"

Quote Originally Posted by WyriHaximus View Post
    #20 sounds like locks will have alot less to do in those raids . And I bet alot of guilds will go for #1 (and #5) asap to lvlup faster :P.
    Why do peopel think this? The thing has a 2 hr cooldown. People usually need to hearth to get gems and mats for enchants for new gear. I doubt a guild leader would want to use a 2 hr CD again for one person. Plus, it's not "Select this", you get them at certain levels. So typically you get rank 1 at lvl 1, then rank 2 at lvl 5.

I looked and didn't see anyone ask these question...

Are the guild levels based on the pure number of individual achievements, or is based on number of achievements per character average? I just wonder if this will give rise to no one wanting lower level alts in the main guild since it will lower the average? And I can't imagine Blizz would want the uber guilds of 400 people being the only ones that get the high levels.

Also, I know that new members can't get the items available for sale from the guild, but what about the new member's achievements, would the help the guild at all?

Can guilds LOSE levels if people left? I just see drama with someone saying "Fine, screw you guys, have fun getting your level back!"

If a character's previous achievements count, will we see the rise of mercenaries that sell themselves to a guild for them to get new levels?
    Last edited by Gractan; 2010-07-18 at 09:15 PM.

Increases the quantity of materials gained from Mining, Skinning, Herbalism, and Disenchanting by 15%.

How would this work?! I mean, how can you gain 15% extra on 1 ore? or 2 flowers? or 1 skin? ._O Anyone care to explain? im stumped. Should it be possible "Gives the player a chance to gain an additional resource gained from Mining, Skinning, Herbalism, and Disenchanting by 15%."?

Quote Originally Posted by Gractan View Post

Are the guild levels based on the pure number of individual achievements, or is based on number of achievements per character average? I just wonder if this will give rise to no one wanting lower level alts in the main guild since it will lower the average? And I can't imagine Blizz would want the uber guilds of 400 people being the only ones that get the high levels.

Also, I know that new members can't get the items available for sale from the guild, but what about the new member's achievements, would the help the guild at all?

Can guilds LOSE levels if people left? I just see drama with someone saying "Fine, screw you guys, have fun getting your level back!"

If a character's previous achievements count, will we see the rise of mercenaries that sell themselves to a guild for them to get new levels?
    It seems like the guild levels in much the same way characters level. As your guildies run battlegrounds / instances, the guild gains XP. Every level the guild gets a new ability. But, only the 10 "best" characters per guild contribute to this leveling process. In other words, once a guild reaches lvl 25, that's it, that's the level cap. It'll be interesting to see how it works out at the start, though. "QQ being forced to run old instances, blah blah...."

Ohh, and please note, none of the perks increase your DPS, max hp, etc. So you're really able to join and leave guilds as you want. Once you've got to the level cap and grinded out the few reputations you want, half the perks are useless anyway.

---------- Post added 2010-07-18 at 11:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mafain View Post
    Increases the quantity of materials gained from Mining, Skinning, Herbalism, and Disenchanting by 15%.

How would this work?! I mean, how can you gain 15% extra on 1 ore? or 2 flowers? or 1 skin? ._O Anyone care to explain? im stumped. Should it be possible "Gives the player a chance to gain an additional resource gained from Mining, Skinning, Herbalism, and Disenchanting by 15%."?
    Yeh, it'll be a 15% proc rate to get double results probably. A bit like how elixir / potion mastery works for alchemists to give 15% more pots/flasks
    Last edited by Calaba; 2010-07-18 at 11:22 PM.

"Once a reward is unlocked, members will be able to purchase it with gold."

So does that mean the guild unlocks cool stuff and then I can buy it, or guild unlocks stuff and the gm buys it?

A question I'll ask - does "mobile banking" summon "The Luggage" from Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels? That'd be pretty ace. Especially if it's like a trinket-summon pet that can be made to help kill stuff

ok...i know you are all excited by the guild perks (which we all knew were coming) but the really important information in the news post was the four instance videos...not one of those fights appeared remotely challenging or very imaginative.

Quote Originally Posted by Gractan View Post

As far as I know, a guild can't lose levels. Once a level is achieved, it's permanent. However, if a person leaves the guild, they naturally lose the right to that guild's levels and perks. But, I believe it's after a small grace period, to adjust for playful /gkicks that are immediately followed by the person rejoining.

Quote Originally Posted by phenom568 View Post
    "Once a reward is unlocked, members will be able to purchase it with gold."

So does that mean the guild unlocks cool stuff and then I can buy it, or guild unlocks stuff and the gm buys it?
    I'm pretty sure anyone in the guild can purchase the cool stuff that's unlocked. However, if you're just entering the guild and there are already cool things unlocked, it's my understanding that you'll have to contribute, at least a small bit, and gain reputation with that guild to take advantage of those perks and buy them.
    Last edited by Sopiel; 2010-07-18 at 10:40 PM.

I guess every 7 uses you get an extra or something? I mean, what exactly is 15% of 1 ore or 2 herbs?

The other problem I see is the "contribution" thing and the XP bonus. Unless there's a major guild achievement for reaching level 5 or equipping a green item, I don't see how you're going to earn the XP bonuses when you actually want them.

---------- Post added 2010-07-18 at 11:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tengobotas View Post
    When was WoW a complex game favored by the hardcore?
    When was there XP and level loss? How many items have you lost to PKs or repair penalties?
    Which boss fight has taken you 5 hours to complete, as in from 100% health to 0% health?

When has WoW been anything other than an EQ clone stripped of its hardcore requirements?
    (For the record, I'm thankful for that.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nachogod View Post
    I guess every 7 uses you get an extra or something? I mean, what exactly is 15% of 1 ore or 2 herbs?

The other problem I see is the "contribution" thing and the XP bonus. Unless there's a major guild achievement for reaching level 5 or equipping a green item, I don't see how you're going to earn the XP bonuses when you actually want them.

---------- Post added 2010-07-18 at 11:12 PM ----------

When was WoW a complex game favored by the hardcore?
    When was there XP and level loss? How many items have you lost to PKs or repair penalties?
    Which boss fight has taken you 5 hours to complete, as in from 100% health to 0% health?

When has WoW been anything other than an EQ clone stripped of its hardcore requirements?
    (For the record, I'm thankful for that.)
    This. I played EQ for 5 years, then left for WoW after it had only been out a couple months. This game has never been hard, if you're wanting to sound cool by acting "hardcore" go play some original EQ, or Zork for all I care. This game has always been less about making incredible challenges and more about making it just challenging enough to divide casuals from people who have more time than they care to admit to clear content faster.

The training wheels were never taken off.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaba View Post
    It seems like the guild levels in much the same way characters level. As your guildies run battlegrounds / instances, the guild gains XP. Every level the guild gets a new ability. But, only the 10 "best" characters per guild contribute to this leveling process. In other words, once a guild reaches lvl 25, that's it, that's the level cap. It'll be interesting to see how it works out at the start, though. "QQ being forced to run old instances, blah blah...."

Ohh, and please note, none of the perks increase your DPS, max hp, etc. So you're really able to join and leave guilds as you want. Once you've got to the level cap and grinded out the few reputations you want, half the perks are useless anyway.[COLOR="red"]
    ---------- Post added 2010-07-18 at 11:05 PM ----------

ok, thanks!
    A further question...will current achievements count towards the exp? Say, on day 1 of Cata, could a guild bounce up several levels if its top ten had tons of pvp achievements, all the vanilla, bc raids, loremasters and such? Just wondering if there's any reason to have some of these done beforehand or if they'll just need to be redone for the guild?