Thread: Addon help pls

Addon help pls

My old computer shut down and wouldnt start again, so I got a new one. Using the new mac and had an issue like this before. I am able to download and install titan panel, recount, Gearscore and healbot just fine, but when I try and install shock and awe and bartender 4 it just wont come up. I thought i was messing with something so i deleted all of the items in the addon folder and just tried to install Bartender. Nothing. I tried opening up all the sub folders and putting them in manually and nothing. When I go back and try healbot and do the same process everything works just fine. When this happened to me before after I got hacked I moved all the addons to the trash, but when I couldnt get bartender and shock and awe to work, I took them out of my trash and put them in the addon folder again and it worked fine.
    I did a search and couldnt find anything like this and Im getting pretty frustrated. Anyone else have an issue like this and know what I could do? I would really appreciate it. I would think its more my fault then I do if it was all my addons i DL'ed didn't work, but its just those 2. I thought of getting an older version of those 2 addons, but decided to come here and ask first.

Thanks again in advance.

Use the Curse Client to completely uninstall an addon and all of it's Saved Variables, then reinstall it through Curse Client.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

My guess is that you are extracting them incorrectly, often into a sub folder.
    Something like the curse client is the easiest approach for those less comfortable with manually installing.