Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleed View Post
    wow, 2 comps are not enough? 2 comps that allow you to stand and dps? what do you do vs healers/casters? you can stand and dps, what world are you living in? Imp Steady Shot has haste buff, hunters will have haste on their gear which reduces cast time of steady and increases focus generation, i have a hunter and you must be playing some shit ass comp and whining. Hunters have 2 specs and 3-4 viable settups, you should thank god.

BM is not viable because of steady shot? You say beast cleave is viable but BM is not, my god you make no sence at all. Also, BM was OVERPOWERED with 32 sec TBW, 10 sec TBW is fine, old BM was for bad hunters who can't play their class in PvP, why the hell do you need 32 sec GOD MODE, immune to everything?

The reason i am interested in BM pvp in cata is that they remove immunity on TBW and give it burst and more abilities, yes finally BM may take skill to play like MM and baddies won't succeed with it.

Steady Shot will be a main ability for MM in cata, deal with it.
    ROFL ROFL ROFL http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/8991/tripgj9.swf
    Bad troll is bad... plz plz don't post on those forums you are only embarrassing yourself. If any healer or caster just stand still and let you stand still and shot his ass then he is plain STUPID to do so. Any mage specially frost will basicly jump into your melee and frost nova you and then instant frezee stun. Or any caster will jump into your melee and try to fear you, stun, freeze, root or anything. If they won't then they will probably run away out of your range so both scenarios make u force to move. And ofc in your theory everyone in arena is just standing still while you nuke them from range? ROFLMAO ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFLCOPTER MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    I remember arena where u have bridge everytime healer jumped down wheneever I have option to stand still to nuke him. Also in other arenas every good player will LoS you or OOR or melee range you to prevent you standing still and nuke them... If you have only 2 comps that allows you stand still that doesn't mean you will always be able to stand still and shot with those ppl. SOmetimes you get counter team and they will rape you from behind and from front.
    And imp. steady shot in cata is total crap for PVP because u first need to fire 2-3 shots to get that buff. If you are lucky ofc you will get this but in most pvp situations not only that in arenas you will basicly use that talent maybe 5-10% so it's basicly waste of talent points.
    Haste on gear doesn't show up until TBC gear even in cata and as said before that haste there is not even worth to mention. 2-3% haste? UUuuuuuuuuu so scary, you are gonna pwn everyone coz of that!
    Yes we have a lot of speccs to play with and only one is best for all situations and that is MM with scatter shot from SV. Everything else is total situational specc. Only good where you are teamed up with correct classes and only good versus certain classes, while MM tree covers basicly every class all around.

I played in beastcleave team and all I was to do was to pop BW whenever shaman poped BL. I was basicly just jumpi8ng around and laying down traps to annoy other ppl in there and to fire aimed shot on target we wanted to kill. All other damage was, serpent sting, arcane shot and autoshot and maybe kill shot. I never fired any steady there! I quited that team after BM nerf to 10 sec.

BM in TBC was god mode yes and it was fun to play with. Even rogue as subtetly is fun on low lvls to gank ppl with ambush = 50-70% HP gone in 1 GCD!

And BM is nerfed in Cata as never before! No 20% passive haste on hunter and pet (from mastery we get only 13-15% pet get's nothing), 24% focus regen increase on pet now we have 50% talent for that. Now pet gets 30% instant haste after landing crit strike, in cata there will be stacks so that means your pet will need to fight target for at least 5-10 sec to get all those stacks. Great! No immunity during BW means everyone will just CC you while u pop BW so you waste CD for nothing. ROFL and you say that specc is viable in cata? With current build is total crap, only good for PvE! Mwahahahaha srsly don't post coz everybody can see you don't have a cluse about hunters...
    Last edited by Numeanor; 2010-07-24 at 11:39 AM.

Mages getting 40 yards i think.
    This may be true, but hunters are the only class I've ever seen - talking about the players who play them - with a major fetish for trying to dps from the max possible range all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post
    ROFL ROFL ROFL http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/8991/tripgj9.swf
    Bad troll is bad... plz plz don't post on those forums you are only embarrassing yourself. If any healer or caster just stand still and let you stand still and shot his ass then he is plain STUPID to do so. Any mage specially frost will basicly jump into your melee and frost nova you and then instant frezee stun. Or any caster will jump into your melee and try to fear you, stun, freeze, root or anything. If they won't then they will probably run away out of your range so both scenarios make u force to move. And ofc in your theory everyone in arena is just standing still while you nuke them from range? ROFLMAO ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFLCOPTER MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    I remember arena where u have bridge everytime healer jumped down wheneever I have option to stand still to nuke him. Also in other arenas every good player will LoS you or OOR or melee range you to prevent you standing still and nuke them... If you have only 2 comps that allows you stand still that doesn't mean you will always be able to stand still and shot with those ppl. SOmetimes you get counter team and they will rape you from behind and from front.
    And imp. steady shot in cata is total crap for PVP because u first need to fire 2-3 shots to get that buff. If you are lucky ofc you will get this but in most pvp situations not only that in arenas you will basicly use that talent maybe 5-10% so it's basicly waste of talent points.
    Haste on gear doesn't show up until TBC gear even in cata and as said before that haste there is not even worth to mention. 2-3% haste? UUuuuuuuuuu so scary, you are gonna pwn everyone coz of that!
    Yes we have a lot of speccs to play with and only one is best for all situations and that is MM with scatter shot from SV. Everything else is total situational specc. Only good where you are teamed up with correct classes and only good versus certain classes, while MM tree covers basicly every class all around.

I played in beastcleave team and all I was to do was to pop BW whenever shaman poped BL. I was basicly just jumpi8ng around and laying down traps to annoy other ppl in there and to fire aimed shot on target we wanted to kill. All other damage was, serpent sting, arcane shot and autoshot and maybe kill shot. I never fired any steady there! I quited that team after BM nerf to 10 sec.

BM in TBC was god mode yes and it was fun to play with. Even rogue as subtetly is fun on low lvls to gank ppl with ambush = 50-70% HP gone in 1 GCD!

And BM is nerfed in Cata as never before! No 20% passive haste on hunter and pet (from mastery we get only 13-15% pet get's nothing), 24% focus regen increase on pet now we have 50% talent for that. Now pet gets 30% instant haste after landing crit strike, in cata there will be stacks so that means your pet will need to fight target for at least 5-10 sec to get all those stacks. Great! No immunity during BW means everyone will just CC you while u pop BW so you waste CD for nothing. ROFL and you say that specc is viable in cata? With current build is total crap, only good for PvE! Mwahahahaha srsly don't post coz everybody can see you don't have a cluse about hunters...
    chains of ice, frost trap, decertion, HoJ, gnaw, freedom, masters call, Death Grip. Don't tell me hunters don't time to stand still in that comp, you are extreamly bad if you think you need to move 24/7 as a hunter. With a prot warrior instead of the DK you can basically stand still for 8 sec with him stunlocking the shit out of the nuke target, good try though, maybe when you get some 3v3 arena experience you can say something worth my time instead of "ROFL ROFL HAHAHA" etc etc.

Yeah BM is nerfed, losing 20% passive speed increase and gaining 17K Arcane Shots and Cobra Shot which by passes armor, bad hunter is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdebouwer View Post
    i do have to agree with bleed this time in cataclysm we will have to use steady shot (or cobra shot for bm) anyway to regen our focus in bg's and arena. bm hasa talent that regens 50focus to you and your pet and it has a cooldown you can use it the first time but the second time you have to use steady/cobra anyway.

oh and the dmg of our shot's seem pretty high hope that will be standard crits for the start of cataclysm it's like having the 30% buff of icc (while not having it

and another thing people talking about bg's this and arena that. expand your visions to cataclysm, you guys are talking about hunters now in wotlk, in cataclysm bg and arena will be different.
    No you use fox aspect to get 20% more focus regen and shot autoshots while moving so your DPS won't be total 0 when you are without focus. Also that makes hunters in cata or sitting ducks with wrong specc or live moving target with worst damage in pvp from all classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Numeanor stop comparing cataclysm BETA speccs,stuff,dmg and .... to wotlk arena and pvp.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

chains of ice, frost trap, decertion, HoJ, gnaw, freedom, masters call, Death Grip. Don't tell me hunters don't time to stand still in that comp, you are extreamly bad if you think you need to move 24/7 as a hunter. With a prot warrior instead of the DK you can basically stand still for 8 sec with him stunlocking the shit out of the nuke target, good try though, maybe when you get some 3v3 arena experience you can say something worth my time instead of "ROFL ROFL HAHAHA" etc etc.

Yeah BM is nerfed, losing 20% passive speed increase and gaining 17K Arcane Shots and Cobra Shot which by passes armor, bad hunter is bad.
    This is only one viable comp and you smartypants only talking about arena. Why do all ppl think that arena is all pvp getting around? You have so low IQ to remember BG's, world pvp? Plz stop playing WoW you are not smart enough to play it! Also if that comp would be so good there would be 1st on arena tournaments and blizz would alread nerf it!

10+ Year Old Account
    No you use fox aspect to get 20% more focus regen and shot autoshots while moving so your DPS won't be total 0 when you are without focus. Also that makes hunters in cata or sitting ducks with wrong specc or live moving target with worst damage in pvp from all classes.
    who cares about DPS in arena and pvp? it's about control and damage exp with cc coming back in cataclsym (atleast for dungeons and (raids?)).
    if i recall correct on mlg 3vs3 tournament there was only 1hunter in there, wich specc? BM with beastcleave and they did it pretty well even they not been in the top3.
    Last edited by Millhi; 2010-07-24 at 11:55 AM.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    Blizzard doesn't want Fox to be something hunters sit in the entire time, if what you describe actually makes it life, it will be nerfed hard.

Though it will be interesting to see what is more effective, sitting Fox or actually steady shotting to get the buffs the talents give to you Instant 35k Aimed Shot followed by Chimera, readiness Chimera kill shot kills anything with the current version and damage.

---------- Post added 2010-07-24 at 12:01 PM ----------

This is only one viable comp and you smartypants only talking about arena. Why do all ppl think that arena is all pvp getting around? You have so low IQ to remember BG's, world pvp? Plz stop playing WoW you are not smart enough to play it! Also if that comp would be so good there would be 1st on arena tournaments and blizz would alread nerf it!
    Low IQ? haha! Stop playing because i am not smart enough for WoW? haha!

Bro, hate to break it to you, World PvP does not exist and BG's are shit and not PvP atm, hopefully rated BG means premade vs premade which can be called PvP

Numeanor stop comparing cataclysm BETA speccs,stuff,dmg and .... to wotlk arena and pvp.
    I'm not doing that Bleed is doing that.... and he is trolling around...

Stop replying to Numeanor, he's just trolling and ruining an otherwise extremely useful thread.

Remember folks, these numbers are going to change, and YES Numeanor, steady shot is going to be very important in Cataclysm hunter PvP, get that into your head. The key will be learning how to be a good player and figuring out how to maximize the number you can get off against players desperately trying you to keep from casting them.

Deleted
    I'm not doing that Bleed is doing that.... and he is trolling around...

You better stop telling lies about me or you will lose any serious responds from me in the future. Am i complaining about Hunters? are you stupid or is your english really bad? I am considering playing my hunter as my main, why the hell would i complain about hunters? I am happy that TBW got nerfed and i am happy with every hunter change so far.

Since when is having a different opinion or having a discussion called trolling? Sorry, not all of us want to see comments like this when we look at a thread: "lol nice" "amg nerf" "ty bro can't wait for cata". We want opinions and thoughts, they might differ, because people who are better at PvP than others have other views, which is a good thing, it creates an opportunity for people who aren't good to learn some new things.

---------- Post added 2010-07-24 at 12:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Stop replying to Numeanor, he's just trolling and ruining an otherwise extremely useful thread.

Remember folks, these numbers are going to change, and YES Numeanor, steady shot is going to be very important in Cataclysm hunter PvP, get that into your head. The key will be learning how to be a good player and figuring out how to maximize the number you can get off against players desperately trying you to keep from casting them.
    Numbers will be changed but this new direction that Blizzard has taken for hunters is really awesome! Aimed Shot is a Lave Burst/Chaos Bolt now one would think that with such strong burst ability, they would reduce chimera shot to mortal strike lvl, but chimera shot has been buffed by 33% and the cd reduced by 4 sec, god i really like MM so far!

They are like a warrior/rogue with ranged abilities that can do chaos bolt/lava burst!
    Last edited by mmocb99859b219; 2010-07-24 at 12:12 PM.

who cares about DPS in arena and pvp? it's about control and damage exp with cc coming back in cataclsym (atleast for dungeons and (raids?)).
    if i recall correct on mlg 3vs3 tournament there was only 1hunter in there, wich specc? BM with beastcleave and they did it pretty well even they not been in the top3.
    oh it matters about DPS in pvp and a lot! Ofc only if u don't wanna kill anything then DPS rly doesn't matter but then is no point playing DPS class at all, roll a healer!

---------- Post added 2010-07-24 at 12:19 PM ----------

Blizzard doesn't want Fox to be something hunters sit in the entire time, if what you describe actually makes it life, it will be nerfed hard.

Though it will be interesting to see what is more effective, sitting Fox or actually steady shotting to get the buffs the talents give to you Instant 35k Aimed Shot followed by Chimera, readiness Chimera kill shot kills anything with the current version and damage.

Low IQ? haha! Stop playing because i am not smart enough for WoW? haha!

Bro, hate to break it to you, World PvP does not exist and BG's are shit and not PvP atm, hopefully rated BG means premade vs premade which can be called PvP
    Instant aimed from getting luck enough to get 5 stacks which would take about 5 min to get them. followed by chimera... hm aimed burns 60 focus chimera also and you have 100 focus. Math problems? Also poping readins and shotting chimera again or any other shot will still need 50-60 focus. Where are you getting all that focus from? Santa Clauss? FFS first do the math then start writting... Oh and world PvP exist you are only doing it on wrong realm! BG's are the mojirity of pvp around counting all lower lvls into. Arena is maybe only 10-20% of all pvp happening around.
    Last edited by Numeanor; 2010-07-24 at 12:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh it matters about DPS in pvp and a lot! Ofc only if u don't wanna kill anything then DPS rly doesn't matter but then is no point playing DPS class at all, roll a healer!

---------- Post added 2010-07-24 at 12:19 PM ----------

Instant aimed from getting luck enough to get 5 stacks which would take about 5 min to get them. followed by chimera... hm aimed burns 60 focus chimera also and you have 100 focus. Math problems? Also poping readins and shotting chimera again or any other shot will still need 50-60 focus. Where are you getting all that focus from? Santa Clauss? FFS first do the math then start writting... Oh and world PvP exist you are only doing it on wrong realm! BG's are the mojirity of pvp around counting all lower lvls into. Arena is maybe only 10-20% of all pvp happening around.
    Focus costs are subject to change.

and DPS isn't the same as damage.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by gulkeeva View Post
    No talent required for black arrow, serpent sting, explosive trap, piercing shot "crits" however you need Lv 70 for it to happen.

I just read this and what really exploded in my mind was 'piercing shot' can now crit

Mind = Blown

Deleted
    This can only come from a person who fails in arena and fails miserably and thinks that arena is not a big deal and that world pvp and bg's matter, lol'd.

You can do all the dps you want but you won't kill shit, i can do 3 burst moves and win with a perfect switch, dps means nothing in pvp.

No, i don't have math problems, you don't have a clue about your class in cataclysm, that is the problem. Focus regenerates, haste increase focus regeneration, there are talents to reduce the cost of shots, there are talents that reward you focus.

Nice try though.

Focus costs are subject to change.

and DPS isn't the same as damage.
    BLizz said that focus costs wont change since they made all deffensive abilities cost no focus. If they lower the cost focus hunters are going to be the most OP in cata yes... doing insane damage in fox aspect = shoting instants while firing autoshots while moving around = pwn everyone. No shot costs won't change probably and if they will the change won't be big. Maybe 5-10 focus max but I rly rly doubt in that. They said what they want to do, and they have shown in new talent trees that they want hunters stand still and shot cast shots like caster even if we are not casters. When they do that they forget to nerf all other classes slowing effects to below our coz if they don't IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO STAND STILL AND SHOT shile somebody is hammering your head off. Always carrying around DK or warr and probably even healer is and new optional mount from Bleed, costs 100k gold and you can buy it only in oposite faction city underground!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luzkaz View Post
    I just read this and what really exploded in my mind was 'piercing shot' can now crit

Mind = Blown
    would be cool ye exp with feral druid appling mangle, arms warrior trauma or a sub rogue using hemmorhage for 30% extra bleed damage.

---------- Post added 2010-07-24 at 02:36 PM ----------

BLizz said that focus costs wont change since they made all deffensive abilities cost no focus. If they lower the cost focus hunters are going to be the most OP in cata yes... doing insane damage in fox aspect = shoting instants while firing autoshots while moving around = pwn everyone. No shot costs won't change probably and if they will the change won't be big. Maybe 5-10 focus max but I rly rly doubt in that. They said what they want to do, and they have shown in new talent trees that they want hunters stand still and shot cast shots like caster even if we are not casters. When they do that they forget to nerf all other classes slowing effects to below our coz if they don't IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO STAND STILL AND SHOT shile somebody is hammering your head off. Always carrying around DK or warr and probably even healer is and new optional mount from Bleed, costs 100k gold and you can buy it only in oposite faction city underground!
    what blizzard says is subject to change. they also said we will implement something called path of titans wich they now not going to implement cause of balancing problems.
    my mains already a druid healer and hunter as alt. Could you link the bleu post that blizzard says that focus cost won't change? i read all bleu posts on mmo-champ but i could have skipped a little part?
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

This can only come from a person who fails in arena and fails miserably and thinks that arena is not a big deal and that world pvp and bg's matter, lol'd.

You can do all the dps you want but you won't kill shit, i can do 3 burst moves and win with a perfect switch, dps means nothing in pvp.

No, i don't have math problems, you don't have a clue about your class in cataclysm, that is the problem. Focus regenerates, haste increase focus regeneration, there are talents to reduce the cost of shots, there are talents that reward you focus.

Nice try though.
    focus regen is 6 focus per second for hunters. Haste won't affect this regen so much, maybe 10% haste 1 focus per second more. But will you have 50% haste as MM? Can I touch you?
    Talents reduce shot costs yes, but there is no talents that rewards you focus until you spend some CD, or you kill someone or you specc into BM tree or SV tree. So there is basicly no focus return only focus drain. And even with 2x chimera shot you think u will be on point where you can use kill shot? Mwahahahaha everyone running around with 100k HP and doing 2x 30k dmage will be enough? Oh and don't forget ress which reduces that even more. And ppl will probably have more than 100k HP. That means you will burn readiness to do 40k damage? To blow target's 20-40% HP? And after that? You get raped because you don't have readiness anymore...

BLizz stated that they want pvp combat to last longer and that means hunters will probably need to burn readiness in every combat to have double defensive CD at hand. Burning that on shot it's probably going to be straight suicide.
    Also why blizz implemented focus and removed CD on most of the shots? Coz focus won't allow you to use those shots so fast. They removed mana from hunters coz it looks stupid when hunter use mana as casters do and he goes OOM... SO they gave us focus instead. They removed CD on shots and lowered focus regen so with that focus regen you basicly cannot do more than 2 shots in a row. Currently with mana we can do 5-6 instants in a row. In cata 2-3 max. Nerfing that means nerfing hunter mobility which is a core of this class. Being immobile = sitting duck = free HK for everyone. If ppl still don't understand that then they are mentaly damaged. And carrying around DK or warr all the time is not an option here!
    Hunters got the biggest nerf in history of wow with cata. Those big numbers from shot crits aer basicly bullshit coz any other DPS class will probably have same numbers if not higher. So this is irrelevant. Forcing us to stand still to do some damage or to shot something that will give us back some focus is even more stupid.
    And blizz cannot change here anything coz if they do they ruin balance against others. For them it is better to have hunters nerfed and basicly useless and other 9 classes balanced then buffing us a bit and making us unbalanced against other classes. And as I wrote on blizz forum blizz is walking on very very sharp edge with focus change. They change it for a little tiny bit in one direction and they will ruin all balance with our class. Focus is bad design and having mana is even worse. If they need to do something then they should put in focus but with much much greater regen as it is and put all shots back on CD. We don't use mana , we can't get OOM but we cannot use any shot all over again... Current situation is doom of hunters and I hope cata won't come out so soon as I can still have time to enjoy playing my hunter around...

Deleted
    focus regen is 6 focus per second for hunters. Haste won't affect this regen so much, maybe 10% haste 1 focus per second more. But will you have 50% haste as MM? Can I touch you?
    Talents reduce shot costs yes, but there is no talents that rewards you focus until you spend some CD, or you kill someone or you specc into BM tree or SV tree. So there is basicly no focus return only focus drain. And even with 2x chimera shot you think u will be on point where you can use kill shot? Mwahahahaha everyone running around with 100k HP and doing 2x 30k dmage will be enough? Oh and don't forget ress which reduces that even more. And ppl will probably have more than 100k HP. That means you will burn readiness to do 40k damage? To blow target's 20-40% HP? And after that? You get raped because you don't have readiness anymore...

BLizz stated that they want pvp combat to last longer and that means hunters will probably need to burn readiness in every combat to have double defensive CD at hand. Burning that on shot it's probably going to be straight suicide.
    Also why blizz implemented focus and removed CD on most of the shots? Coz focus won't allow you to use those shots so fast. They removed mana from hunters coz it looks stupid when hunter use mana as casters do and he goes OOM... SO they gave us focus instead. They removed CD on shots and lowered focus regen so with that focus regen you basicly cannot do more than 2 shots in a row. Currently with mana we can do 5-6 instants in a row. In cata 2-3 max. Nerfing that means nerfing hunter mobility which is a core of this class. Being immobile = sitting duck = free HK for everyone. If ppl still don't understand that then they are mentaly damaged. And carrying around DK or warr all the time is not an option here!
    Hunters got the biggest nerf in history of wow with cata. Those big numbers from shot crits aer basicly bullshit coz any other DPS class will probably have same numbers if not higher. So this is irrelevant. Forcing us to stand still to do some damage or to shot something that will give us back some focus is even more stupid.
    And blizz cannot change here anything coz if they do they ruin balance against others. For them it is better to have hunters nerfed and basicly useless and other 9 classes balanced then buffing us a bit and making us unbalanced against other classes. And as I wrote on blizz forum blizz is walking on very very sharp edge with focus change. They change it for a little tiny bit in one direction and they will ruin all balance with our class. Focus is bad design and having mana is even worse. If they need to do something then they should put in focus but with much much greater regen as it is and put all shots back on CD. We don't use mana , we can't get OOM but we cannot use any shot all over again... Current situation is doom of hunters and I hope cata won't come out so soon as I can still have time to enjoy playing my hunter around...
    Lol if you think hunters will go out of focus by doing 2 shots you are mistaken, so what if you have to use a cd? omfg? a CD! oh noooeez!

When aimed shot is critting 35K at lvl 83 with wotlk gear, i am damn sure that at 85 hunters damage will be enough to global shit, especially with the buff to chimera shot. Don't be afraid that you have to actually calculate what abilities you are going to use now, instea dof spamming your rotation in PvP. Focus is awesome, takes away allot of the bad hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    i won't quote your post as it's to big nem.

you are correct on some parts whoever don't forget giving focus was already a plan when vanilla came out now it's time. Our playstyle will change yes, agree but if you are good now and l2play a hunter again with focus now there won't be a problem. the "noobs" playing hunters will get punished. the same what they doing with retri paladins, good players will remain good, the bad players will suck even harder. If you call this the biggest nerf for hunters i would suggets rerolling another class as main. if uou say hunters will be bad in cataclysm what i have to say then about my resto druid.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni