10+ Year Old Account

Which is better...

I like healing as disc, but is holy better for raids later on like icc, i just hit 80 a few days ago. Just curious if on is better than the other later on in higher tier raids. Thanks.
    Thrall for Warchief 2020!

I don't really think you can say one is "better than the other" because each one has it's own purpose. There will be some situations where one is better than the other, but this holds true for both.
    If you heal more than you dps, you should set up a holy and disc spec for your main and off specs.
    If not, then check with your guild to see if they need a disc priest more than they do a holy one, and so on.

Either spec is competitive as a healer in ICC. Personal preference on playstyle should decide that choice then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I am enjoying disc alot.

neither.

join the dark side we have cookies

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow is my offspec and i am enjoying that too =)

Does your raid have a disc priest?

Are you going to try to pug?

Disc is amazing right now, you should "top" the charts on pretty much every fight.

To me holy is the weakest spec in the game for raw numbers, but it does provide very useful burst healing

Healing is more about your team of healers than what you do by yourself and both specs of priest can fill that role

10+ Year Old Account
    It totally depends on your play style, as always. A lot of players like Disc right now, however I'd bet a Holy Priest who knew how to play their class could push more throughput (Including shields). Most players will argue the "Number Crunching" crap but the truth is, what is true on a spread sheet or in a calculation isn't always true in game. The better spec is the one that you are better at playing

Right now Disc is favored because of its single target healing potential, the same reasons why Holy Pallys are extremely powerful right now. In an environment where tanks can melt in 2 globals the ability to top them off quickly is essential. Seeing how they are giving all healers AOE type heals for Cata, this model will be changing soon.
    Last edited by Nayt; 2010-07-26 at 03:23 PM. Reason: derp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie View Post
    Does your raid have a disc priest?

Are you going to try to pug?

Disc is amazing right now, you should "top" the charts on pretty much every fight.

To me holy is the weakest spec in the game for raw numbers, but it does provide very useful burst healing

Healing is more about your team of healers than what you do by yourself and both specs of priest can fill that role
    Topping the charts you mean with absorbs and healing right, because healing im gonna be low right.

Quote Originally Posted by kiluuar View Post
    Topping the charts you mean with absorbs and healing right, because healing im gonna be low right.
    yah of course. People STILL dont know how disc works so be prepared to deal with idiots if you pug a lot. I've resorted to running a live world of logs everytime i pug just so i can link it when some holy pally thinks he is doing all the work..

Holy to me is more "fun" but you are putting in twice the effort of every healer to barely compete (at least in my experience) which isn't fun to me