Thread: Uldum

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let me know when you find the galactic reorigination device.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Please give a battleground in Uldum...
    Would be best in this expansion

Deleted
    Ulduam sounds awesome. Give it or die

15 Min of Uldum

Ok, world server is down now, whatever, might as well post the following already.

Unless I and several other people simply overlooked it before, there is now a ground entrance to Uldum in the new build, a great rampway in Thistleshrub Valley, Tanaris, and in front of it are familiar figures:

Adarrah and her crew... wait, didn't these man the ship that took Horde into Vashj'ir? And didn't one Orc throw Budd into the ocean?

...maybe not, have to check the Vashj'ir entry again.

and then the world server was down, but saw another incarnation of Harrison Jones and his pack donkey and "Lady Humps" (*shiver*)

---------- Post added 2010-08-06 at 12:40 AM ----------

dunno if this was already in the last build, but just found this guy in a rather remote area in the south-east:

(don't mind the crappy-set-up interface)

---------- Post added 2010-08-06 at 11:22 AM ----------

Weird that they'd use an actual NPC for that statue, right? I bet it will come alive for some quest
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Wow, those pics look really cool. I wonder next patch if Uldum will became open.

Note to all who only saw the initial version of my previous post, I added two more pics
    -----------

Think so as well, damn I gotta level my main :P probably requires 83 for all quests

Oh and about Budd, just found him in Vashj'ir, still living cause he found a water breathing helmet, tsk...
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    Uldum is still closed but apparently some npcs are already giving some quests out. Here you will find some pics about it:

Bonus pics:

Now i need to go out but when i will be back i will try and see if there is any follow up or any other interesting stuff, last time i checked these quests weren't available.
    Last edited by mmoc6e29cab2f2; 2010-08-06 at 03:19 PM.

A.I.D.A.? Got a quest starter item from some gnomes, A.I.D.A. something, a card or similar, listed no level requirement, but said 80 was too low :P there's a named mekgineer patrolling, it's the furthest-western occurrence of the mad gnomes that I noticed, but still in the south east. Also, descend into the Chamber of the Stars in the north east (directly near the entrance) since the skeletons there drop a rope that gives a quest a level 83 as well.

Deleted
    well i guess there is a connection between these things! What i know is that the zone looks almost complete and if on the beta server it looks like that i guess Blizz already have it ready in some dev patch. So we can guess that soon(1-2 weeks max?) Uldum will be open for testing for everyone

---------- Post added 2010-08-06 at 04:45 PM ----------

So apparently there are loads of quest actually working and yea im doing them. All the quests are giving ramkahen reputation.

That said i found various quests involving gnomes and a NYI quest but still i tried to do that and...

Notice the name of the quest, im sure this will be the most amazing quest for everyone who hate everything that looks like gnomes!

Edit: @Nathanyel, i found that quest item, dropped from a random gnome in this area and apparently the A.I.D.A. machine is asking me to kill the "Twizzlex fux the Insane" you can find a pic about him above in one of my posts. More pics and stuff later, im SSing everything i can!
    Last edited by mmoc6e29cab2f2; 2010-08-06 at 04:48 PM.

hmm looks like they added alot sicne alst video I made, might make another next guild!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really liking what I've seen so far in Uldum, and I can't wait to quest there when I hit 83!

I took a few screenies while I was flying around, I thought I'd share them. :P

------

The entrance to the Lost City of the Tol'Vir

The elite insane leper gnome a terminal asks you to kill for a quest , no drop however

The following are "adolescent gnome" projections that may show up during another quest where you need to disarm some bombs

My guess as to where the entrance to the Halls of Origination will be located

Neat looking door

Epic looking statues!

Can't forget the ol' Harrison Jones.

Interesting few NPCs, the king of the Ramkahen and the prince, too.

Hope you enjoy, may add more if I can find them!

I'm a pretty active member of the beta and I first remember going to Deepholme and thinking "OMG this is going to be my favorite zone in cata!" After using the "glitch" and getting the chance to explore Uldum a bit I have to say I think I changed my mind

Props to Rockhorn for the awesome sig!

In case you don't remember that giant gnome vehicle shown in TB's video, here's a pic again:

Totally doesn't look like a Jawa Sandcrawler, right?

Or does it?

Also, this wasn't mentioned yet, but that Sandcrawler actually is its own zone, dubbed Pincer X2 (likely the name of the vehicle as well) including its own zone chat.
    Additionally, a console, the "Wibson Mainframe", on the top can be attacked via "gear" right-click:

PS: Holographic Projector can be used anywhere atm

Deleted
    Wait, so is Uldum in the BETA now? Last I heard it had an invisible wall. I definately think Uldum will be my favourite zone in Cataclysm, it is so beautiful, and I like the Titan lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alazeer View Post
    Wait, so is Uldum in the BETA now? Last I heard it had an invisible wall. I definately think Uldum will be my favourite zone in Cataclysm, it is so beautiful, and I like the Titan lore.
    Always been possible to get through the wall by doing a certain thing involving the Caverns of Time ceiling. ;-) There's a way to enter the Highlands as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alazeer View Post
    Wait, so is Uldum in the BETA now?
    No, it just got a semi-official entrance, as described a few posts above, which can even be used by lowlevel characters since it's on the ground :P

After all these screenshots I had to go there myself and explore it, cause it looks so awesome.
    So I got some screenshots to share if anyone wants to see, but they're on my blog you can find here
    http://syrco.wordpress.com/2010/08/12/exploring-uldum/

Deleted
    I've also done some in Uldum Scrennshots.
    Among other fraction of a new call fraktion and a helicopter that give you a buff.(at the moment the old Buff Bg's)

(Look at my Siganture