Cataclysm: Disc Tank Heals

So in looking for a spec for Cataclysm (and I know things can/will change) it looks like Disc has been redesigned to use Greater Heal.

I was thinking about using a 32/9/0 build for Shielding/Tank healing.
    http://www.wowtal.com/#k=veypGTKj.9q4.priest

What are you opinions about the viability (so far) of this build.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

That looks pretty good, you could also go 3/3 Imp IF instead of 3/3 Mental Agility for larger heals.

Deleted
    This new talent system makes it almost childproof when picking talents.

Well, it looks like a solid healing build. The only alteration might be to go for that Imp. Inner fire, but other than that, I don't see how a person could go wrong in picking talents. So no need for how-do-I-talent-threads in Cata I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouchi View Post

Well, it looks like a solid healing build. The only alteration might be to go for that Imp. Inner fire, but other than that, I don't see how a person could go wrong in picking talents. So no need for how-do-I-talent-threads in Cata I guess.
    Not child proof enough, both you recommended picking up IIF for a PvE build? If I recall correctly, IIF no longer provides SP (and looks to stay that way in Cata). That was removed in 3.1? It is more of a PvP utility spell.

But I do agree with the dumbing down of the talent trees.
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

inner fire still gives SP, this atm is taken straight from the beta notes.

Inner Will (level 83): Increases movement speed by 12% and reduces the mana cost of instant-cast spells by 10%. This buff will be exclusive with Inner Fire, meaning you can't have both up at once. Inner Fire provides a spell power and Armor buff; Inner Will should be useful on a more situational basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic View Post
    Not child proof enough, both you recommended picking up IIF for a PvE build? If I recall correctly, IIF no longer provides SP (and looks to stay that way in Cata). That was removed in 3.1? It is more of a PvP utility spell.

But I do agree with the dumbing down of the talent trees.
    The new "ranks" of IF provide sh*tloads of spellpower. I would assume ImprovedIF still affects the spell power part... otherwise it wouldn't make sense. At lvl85 the spell power gain from ImprovedIF is almost 500.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    The new "ranks" of IF provide sh*tloads of spellpower. I would assume ImprovedIF still affects the spell power part... otherwise it wouldn't make sense. At lvl85 the spell power gain from ImprovedIF is almost 500.
    Hmm in looking it over, you may be correct in that it still provides SP. And 500 SP is worth it.
    So if IF is still providing SP then, the "tank healing spec" would be http://www.wowtal.com/#k=BeyK_d3j.9q4.priest
    Last edited by Apostolic; 2010-07-28 at 10:07 PM.
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grouchi View Post

A lot of specs in wotlk are simple and don't need a thread to find out the right spec, but some people never read the whole talent tool tip so they ask anyway. Or bother to understand how it works. Like Torment the weak in arcane.

WoW will always have those players who just go "Meh math and brain use is for nerds so I'll just make a thread to ask them for the best spec and then argue with their choices."

But yea pve disc looks pretty straight forward. PvP disc would probably have more options.
    Last edited by MortalWombat; 2010-07-28 at 10:11 PM.