Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    About 80% of the BG's I join we lose, so when I join I expect to lose :P Not point in /afking out

I will usually try to stay at least for the end honor, but if my team is doing ridiculously stupid things I will afk out. (this means you, people that cap bases in AB and leave noone to defend)

10+ Year Old Account
    Only one I /afk out of is Strand... after the third time getting it in a row. Win or not, I don't like that match.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

I do the same thing. Better yet, start the BG first thing, then if its failing, afk out and do a daily heroic, then go back, if that one is also failing go do dailies etc. You can rotate stuff around until you get a decent group.

Alllll the time.
    Kasayk-80 Mage (Blood Elf): http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cale&cn=Kasayk
    Hagënti-80 Druid (Tauran)

Its a Jersey thing man, ya gotta be from Jersey to get it. Get it?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamb chops View Post
    About 80% of the BG's I join we lose, so when I join I expect to lose :P Not point in /afking out
    Ugh, unfortunately I'm in the same boat, still, makes wins all the more sweet
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I love PvP. Winning or losing, its fun to me. If I notice we're not doing so well, oh well, you know? Cause I'm not going to be a douchebag and make it easy for us to lose. If you are gonna afk in the BG, just leave! That's just as bad as those a-holes that don't in Heroics (like not teleporting in or something along those lines) or afk'ing the whole time. No one is entitled to anything; earn your emblems, points, etc.

Frequently.
    I join a battleground to contribute and try to win.
    If it is full of idiots who are intentonally jeopordising that then I do not hang around.
    I go back to rep grinding or dailies which are far more constructive.

Usually when I do PVP Battlegrounds it's only when I'm leveling and think I could try this again. Then I fail and /rageafk plus it's more likely if game is going to be lost.

i never leave a losing bg.

but then i am one of the few players who just does them for fun, dont need points anymore

i can see why some people would get annoyed and just afk out though, its easy for a rogue to stay out of fights you cant win

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I view losing in a BG as a waste of time (I know this entire game is a waste of time, but losing is not having fun while wasting your time).
    You seem to have forgotten that
    a) Battlegrounds are hardly ever fair or balanced and
    b) that the other team isn't a dungeon or raid boss, designed to lose to your uberness (or just persistency) sooner or later, but inevitably.

They are actually trying to win and ruin your day, for f... sake! How dare they?

I think PvP just isn't for you anymore.

I always afk out of AV and IoC but thats at the start - otherwise I get the random 800 honor and as others have said, just try throw myself into situations I will learn from (healing vs impossible odds for example, constantly teaches me how to squeeze every bit of mana/cooldowns out - educates me on LoS/movement)

I dont think people who afk are scum but I do think a lot of wow players need to A: calm down generally B: reduce their sense of entitlement