Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    15+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Blizzard going generic... Why?

From looking at the way new talents will work, i have to wonder why blizzard wants to do this. It's going to be World of GeneriCraft.

From what i heard, you have to get the 31 point talent before going into the other tree you didn't pick as your main, which means no more hybrid specs.

how boring is that? when you can't try out some random goofy spec any more?

"because that random goofy spec is bad" i hear you say.

sure but in pvp it's always fun to roll as resto druid with some fun moonkin stuff. or go disc shadow for a lil silence here and there. ya it's not the best, but it's interesting and fun to see how far you can take it.

i hope the content is amazing enough to distract us from our little character customization choices. i know this isn't the beginning of it, but it seems to get worse and worse. Can any one hunter tell me straight up that they didn't enjoy rolling caster cloth gear in classic wow for the increase damage on arcane shot? It was goofy but that was a fun way to mess around with your character customization. and i'm not talking about hair cuts and dyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Devis View Post
    From looking at the way new talents will work, i have to wonder why blizzard wants to do this. It's going to be World of GeneriCraft.

From what i heard, you have to get the 31 point talent before going into the other tree you didn't pick as your main, which means no more hybrid specs.

how boring is that? when you can't try out some random goofy spec any more?

"because that random goofy spec is bad" i hear you say.

sure but in pvp it's always fun to roll as resto druid with some fun moonkin stuff. or go disc shadow for a lil silence here and there. ya it's not the best, but it's interesting and fun to see how far you can take it.

i hope the content is amazing enough to distract us from our little character customization choices. i know this isn't the beginning of it, but it seems to get worse and worse. Can any one hunter tell me straight up that they didn't enjoy rolling caster cloth gear in classic wow for the increase damage on arcane shot? It was goofy but that was a fun way to mess around with your character customization. and i'm not talking about hair cuts and dyes.
    I agree man, it does cut our customisation by alot. Though point is like always, the smart are being held back by the dumb. freedom in specs = 71 point in fury without taking titan grip by dumb people = bad dps = annoyed "smart" group. by giving them more guidelines, even the idiotic people (which unfortunately WoW is very much full of) can put out somewhat fair dps.

I reckon in the end it is all for the best for the most players, the hardcore players will just eventually move on to the torchlight mmo or w/e.

agreed the new trees SUCK balls. you have ZERO customization.

Quote Originally Posted by 5648945621 View Post
    agreed the new trees SUCK balls. you have ZERO customization.
    Neither does the ones you are using now. Every1 are in the same spec becouse its "The best".

TBC trees were best u could make awesome AoE spec, awesome signle target spec. U could build half-half spec and do incredibly well in raids or just fun in HARD 5 man heroics. Almost every person had different tree layout, now everyone rolls with the same

Deleted
    I think I can go out in Dalaran inspecting every single player spec and I will see the exact same PvE/PvP spec for everyone

Yup.. I bet in cata there WILL be more combos!

From looking...
    From what i heard...
    ...i hear you say.
    you didn't experience anything of that so far , its still beta and they add a lot of fun filler stuff so you don't have to go cross tree for fun stuff. On top of that its still possible to go cross tree but not as far as it was possible before.

It means that they can make abilities for a spec ealier for that spec to use while locking the others out from it. OP specs like HARP for rogues (Hemo, Adrenaline rush, Preperation) came from this and had to be nerfed to oblivion.

The new talent systems will be MUCH easier for them to balance. Frost not doing enough damage? Just buff it's mastery bonus. No need to tweak frostbolt or FFB or icelance, whos changes would spill over and buff the other specs like you would now.

They're giving all the specs their own feel again. They can put really powerful talents anywhere past the 2nd row in trees, knowing that the other specs won't go all hybrid wonky to pick them up. No more specs that have the best utility of both worlds or twice the amount of stuns they should. If they want arms warriors to have an awesome OP ability that arms needs but fury would be OP with, they can put it in the tree and not have to worry about fury or prot skipping half their treet to grab it.

As far as speccing half disc half shadow (lol) goes, they want to add that kind of utility offer into the trees themselves. They are removing so many of the "you do 10% more healing. woot" talents to make room for fun and interesting talents, like silence would be. But now you can grab them without having to skip penance.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically, because you can't waste talent points anymore, its bad. K.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I think that Blizzard should do away with the talent tree system all together and come up with something new that allows customization without being OP. I do think that later on in this game's life, this new system WILL allow for more customization.

Just a shame that they had to do away with the Path of the Titans... especially after this talent overhaul.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Meh, if you don't like the changes since you're still thinking with the same mentality you had in WOTLK then no one is forcing you to get it, you can quit WoW if you'd like to, less whiny people the better I'd say. The game is still in it's early stages as a beta. Knowing Blizzard, a lot of stuff is due to change when they see it's not fun or something, they'll probably swap some talents around. So instead of whining about stuff that are still under development in a beta, why not wait till the game is FULLY released and then complain if you still don't like it and hopefully quit WoW.

Deleted
    Please more QQ...i was hungry...
    Now everyone is in same spec because its the best spec.
    With the new one u actauly got more customisation than ever, there is a primary talents, wich u must have, and secondary talents, where u wonder wich one to choose, isnt this customisation?
    Stop crying and enjoy it, ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Please more QQ...i was hungry...
    Now everyone is in same spec because its the best spec.
    With the new one u actauly got more customisation than ever, there is a primary talents, wich u must have, and secondary talents, where u wonder wich one to choose, isnt this customisation?
    Stop crying and enjoy it, ffs.
    More customisation?

Just by glancing at the new talent trees you allready go like "Ok gota take this tree for this purpose and i'll have to pick this this this & this talent orelse I won't get invited in any groups, done.

This new talent system will probably fall into the same thing that glyphs fell into, meta gems fell into, and to a lesser extent normal gems fell into. (Reforging will prolly suffer the same fate)

It's designed to be fun and let you customize based on playstyle. Someone will find out what's mathematically best, everyone will spec it because your own personal playstyle puts up lower numbers.

The way that WoW is now, the only things that will come down to choice are things that don't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Neither does the ones you are using now. Every1 are in the same spec becouse its "The best".
    That might be true, but for the people that do enjoy making specs up and trying out new things, the choise is gone.
    Last edited by loveshack; 2010-08-04 at 09:53 AM.

Actually, you do not have to pick up the 31st point talent to be able to spec into another tree. You only have to have 31 points in your first tree.

A blood DK could skip over Dancing Rune Weapon if he wanted to get an extra point somewhere else, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    So basically, because you can't waste talent points anymore, its bad. K.
    Well, i guess is up to ME to decide if i want or not to "waste" talents, its a matter of freedom of choice.

Both sides have valid arguments, but there is nothing we can do, lets just wait, try, and whine later (if needed)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furykin View Post
    This new talent system will probably fall into the same thing that glyphs fell into, meta gems fell into, and to a lesser extent normal gems fell into. (Reforging will prolly suffer the same fate)

It's designed to be fun and let you customize based on playstyle. Someone will find out what's mathematically best, everyone will spec it because your own personal playstyle puts up lower numbers.

The way that WoW is now, the only things that will come down to choice are things that don't matter.
    We'll probably see some diversity in PvP speccs. The new trees are awesome, really. I can't decide where to put points, every single talent seems awesome. With the current trees, i could probably pick 90% of the talents right with no math to back it up. There are mostly mandatory or crap talents, and everyone speccs the same.

In Cata, we'll probably indeed see less noobs specced like morons. I mean, for some classes, 41/0/0 might not be bad at all. And we'll still see many good people specced differently, because many new talents seem to come down to taste.

Quote Originally Posted by ralh View Post
    We'll probably see some diversity in PvP speccs. The new trees are awesome, really. I can't decide where to put points, every single talent seems awesome. With the current trees, i could probably pick 90% of the talents right with no math to back it up. There are mostly mandatory or crap talents, and everyone speccs the same.

In Cata, we'll probably indeed see less noobs specced like morons. I mean, for some classes, 41/0/0 might not be bad at all. And we'll still see many good people specced differently, because many new talents seem to come down to taste.
    If any of that taste is the taste that does damage, that flavor wins. And that's the problem. Even things like reducing the CD on sprint gets mathed out into damage these days.