Priest Talent Synergy

So, I've been playing with the Talent calcs and i'm looking at a raid healing specific build...
    something like: #k=BzBHikH5.9r8.priest <- copy paste to the end of the wowtal builder screen... won't let me link till I've made a few posts

The idea behind the build would be to cycle enough smites per 18 secs to keep a full evang stack up, which you can then dump in archangel, in order to boost the smart healing output of Atonement. Couple that with MT and OT bubbles to make sure you benefit from Rapture, and back-up healing the tanks with Penance and Flash heal when needed.

I'm stuck with the last 5 points though... got nowhere to throw them that benefits the build... that i can see at least...
    tbh I'd love it if Surge of Light in the Holy tree was Tier 2 instead of teir 3 but... **shrug** can't have everything :P

Thoughts?

I'll post the link for you, although I'm not sure if it is correct or not.

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=BzBHikH5.9r8.priest

I suggest something more like: http://www.wowtal.com/#k=vzB9XtB1.9r8.priest while keeping mostly to instants but with the occasional Penance, heal, and maybe FH. Reflective shields only works on shields that you cast on yourself, so it is useless for most PvE encounters.
    Last edited by fabian; 2010-08-04 at 04:20 PM.

I had points in reflective shields for the raid AoE type damage. I've got one of those mindsets that makes me think every tiny bit of damage can end up making a difference, maybe that's cause my guild is a bit causal so we struggle with a lot of sub 5% wipes, and if you know a big AoE is incoming, then having a bubble on myself would mean a bit of mana return from rapture too. Missed that I only had 1 point in Aspiration, didn't realise... thanks for the pickup...
    That link was right by the way thanks for that.

You are sticking to the instants due to Mental Agility, yeah. So lot's of Renews on the healing side? I thought the only other instants in the Holy repertoire were the dispels and buffs? I know the Shadow DoT's (particularly SW:P and Devouring plague are) but I think that's it isn't it?

I know SW:P has a really high Damage per mana turnaround, so should I be trying to slip one of each in on spare GCD's or...?

If you and your other healers are having to spend time putting up dots then your DPSers are failing utterly.

But you already knew that.

Cheers for trolling, :P (in before the flames get hotter)

Seriously though, this isn't about doing damage, the build is about using the new "smart heal" mechanics in passive way while doing something to assist the raid.
    Smite with Evangalism, archangel and Atonement is a way to keep the raid "topped off" in an encounter. Binding heal for keeping yourself and someone else up, PoM if needed for the melee groups... I was playing with the idea of hands off healing in a Cata environment.