Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Lol, yeah right, just pugged ICC 25 hc. Damn, those guys on your realm must be super skilled if 25 randoms from the trade chat can faceroll ICC 25 on heroic mode, no less. If you joined as a pug the raid of a good pve guild and thus got boosted, it's not called a pug. I smell bullshit. Lots of it.[COLOR="red"]

Indeed, having a 277 ilevel gives one an edge which is why it's a TEAM PLAY and not a duel outside SW so you can QQ a dk with shadowmorne touched your special spot.
    You must be retarded.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...doun&cn=Naraga

My main, on which I do the raids. Every week, Crag's pugrun. Look it up if you don't believe me lol.

Shadowmourne in arena is fucking retarded, and teamplay doesn't exactly solve the issue (The enemey team can also use, you know, teamplay)If you would read AJ every now and then you would know how much pve gear screws up arena.

Deleted
    this slowly formed into pvp v pve thread it seems?

basically a question of waht is best for you ranged or melee. I would probably go protpvp with double healer? kinda easy to get up if your gear pwns tehn np jsut grab a little mroe ress :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    You must be retarded.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...doun&cn=Naraga

My main, on which I do the raids. Every week, Crag's pugrun. Look it up if you don't believe me lol.

Shadowmourne in arena is fucking retarded, and teamplay doesn't exactly solve the issue (The enemey team can also use, you know, teamplay)If you would read AJ every now and then you would know how much pve gear screws up arena.
    He MUST be retarded just because he doesn't know what happens on your server, good philosophy.

Also for the sake of argument 2.2k in 2s doesn't show anything.

Cause an arena match is not about team work but about individual rambos going mano-a-mano.

You want skill in pve ? Play a tank and tank the LK. If you don't manage your cds properly and coordinate with the other tank at the right time, it's a wipe.
    Also, according to you, a player's personal ability to not stand in the flames or in front of cleaving bosses is meaningless cause only the teamwork counts.

I like how you can utter subjective bullshit. You could probably explain to me how the Sun spins around the Earth, as well.
    I DO play a tank in pve. Thanks for acting as if I have no pve experience.
    Sorry if my wording was poor to the point that you got a little bit confused and decided to flip out and completely skew what I was talking about.

PvE FOCUSES on team work while PvP FOCUSES on individual skill. Both of them still take a decent amount of the other, but if you're going to seriously sit there and say that pve takes just as much individual skill as pvp, I just can't be bothered trying to argue against your incredible bias.

Edit: Oh god, I just armory'd you, you weren't even talking about heroic LK or anything when you'd have a point. You actually think reg LK takes coordinating between the tanks and perfect CD management? That's hilarious!
    Last edited by Floreon; 2010-08-04 at 10:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So long you know how to kite and stunlock you will do fine with any, do that same on your paladin and warrior, just run after the enemy and "tank" them to death :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furykin View Post
    You do realize that people largely just mean PvE is not a measure of personal skill, right?
    PvE measures teamwork, not your personal ability to execute things. Go watch a video of an hlk kill, then go watch a video of like hoodrch pvping. Let me know when the pve video includes things like a warrior managing to interrupt mass dispels.
    facepalm
    Ofc its a measure of personal skill, not all fights ok but lk 25 hm which is what im refering to is as well as other fights. Try having to monitor boss debuffs whilst monitoring add debuffs having to dps the boss as well as de-enrage the add and avoid shadow traps and be on the lookout for a plague. And thats just a dps perspective.. healers have a shit ton harder job than ANYTHING in pvp on that fight and pp hm, ok not as much now with the 30% buff but with 0-5%..

---------- Post added 2010-08-05 at 01:22 AM ----------

Cause an arena match is not about team work but about individual rambos going mano-a-mano.

You want skill in pve ? Play a tank and tank the LK. If you don't manage your cds properly and coordinate with the other tank at the right time, it's a wipe.
    Also, according to you, a player's personal ability to not stand in the flames or in front of cleaving bosses is meaningless cause only the teamwork counts.

I like how you can utter subjective bullshit. You could probably explain to me how the Sun spins around the Earth, as well.
    Also this

Quote Originally Posted by themiller View Post
    facepalm
    Ofc its a measure of personal skill, not all fights ok but lk 25 hm which is what im refering to is as well as other fights. Try having to monitor boss debuffs whilst monitoring add debuffs having to dps the boss as well as de-enrage the add and avoid shadow traps and be on the lookout for a plague. And thats just a dps perspective.. healers have a shit ton harder job than ANYTHING in pvp on that fight and pp hm, ok not as much now with the 30% buff but with 0-5%..

---------- Post added 2010-08-05 at 01:22 AM ----------

Also this
    Listen, it's fine if you and your buddy want to argue that pve is harder, and I understand where you're coming from. But I have a toon with it's icebound vanq, and two toons with bloodbathed. I've played all four roles of pve at decently recent time periods. Stop citing abilities to back up your argument, I already understand and I don't think you're proving your point by trying to talk down to me.

I PvP and PvE at decent levels, and all I'm saying is that when I PvP, I worry about the individual mistakes and the little screw ups a lot more than I do while PvEing. As an old friend of mine used to say back when he was progressing through the end of sunwell back when that was relevant, most of the encounters aren't hard. He even said that muru wasn't hard. It just required perfection. That's what PvE is a lot of the time. PvE isn't hard compared to PvP, but requires more perfection.

Deleted
    I think that from your current players the easiest to play is the paladin. go protretri and get a druid and voila! the most easy class for me though was death knight ive boosted 5 or 6 of my guild mates to 1800 already. but if you are aiming high i would go for hunter or warrior. rogue in this season is trained from almost every class so youll find it hard to survive if you have no idea of pvp...!
    Easy too is hunter in 3v3 with beastcleave setup. i hope i helped

---------- Post added 2010-08-05 at 09:38 AM ----------

And at all the pve freaks: have you ever played serious pvp? you have to watch out all those things you said before PLUS the unpredictable of human enemy mind.
    Arenas dont want team work? what game are you playing?...really!
    If the only thing you do in pvp is targeting a player and flaiming him with your pve rotation then yes pve is harder, but thats NOT PVP!!!
    (to all those that think pve is harder can you post your arena ratings please? cause something fun is smelling here)

Quote Originally Posted by symbolic View Post
    Arenas dont want team work? what game are you playing?...really!
    If the only thing you do in pvp is targeting a player and flaiming him with your pve rotation then yes pve is harder, but thats NOT PVP!!!
    (to all those that think pve is harder can you post your arena ratings please? cause something fun is smelling here)
    If you were referring to me with the "Arenas dont need team work" bit, I meant on as much of a grand scale.
    Also, blowing something up with your pve rotation totally is what pvp is if you're playing wizard cleave below 2k btw. God the first couple games I played on my druid were fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeer View Post
    He MUST be retarded just because he doesn't know what happens on your server, good philosophy.

Also for the sake of argument 2.2k in 2s doesn't show anything.
    He is retarded for saying I am talking bullshit, while it is the truth. Also 2,2k in 2's proves more than 2,2k in 3's as some dispellcleave or wizardcleave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furykin View Post
    Listen, it's fine if you and your buddy want to argue that pve is harder, and I understand where you're coming from. But I have a toon with it's icebound vanq, and two toons with bloodbathed. I've played all four roles of pve at decently recent time periods. Stop citing abilities to back up your argument, I already understand and I don't think you're proving your point by trying to talk down to me.

I PvP and PvE at decent levels, and all I'm saying is that when I PvP, I worry about the individual mistakes and the little screw ups a lot more than I do while PvEing. As an old friend of mine used to say back when he was progressing through the end of sunwell back when that was relevant, most of the encounters aren't hard. He even said that muru wasn't hard. It just required perfection. That's what PvE is a lot of the time. PvE isn't hard compared to PvP, but requires more perfection.
    Im not arguing thats its harder i am just comparing, if you look at my posts not once have i said pve is harder.
    Your opinion is fair enough but you do have to admit that nearly all of the people who say pve is easy are belf dks called Arthas who farm heroics all day thinking they're the shit without having any decent or relevant raiding experience.

Im not arguing thats its harder i am just comparing, if you look at my posts not once have i said pve is harder.
    Your opinion is fair enough but you do have to admit that nearly all of the people who say pve is easy are belf dks called Arthas who farm heroics all day thinking they're the shit without having any decent or relevant raiding experience.
    Inexperienced PvPer is inexperienced.

Druids would be the easiest
    Resto = rejuv, pillar, rejuv, pillatr, cyclone, pillar, cyclone then 3 times just to make them mad... u get the point
    balance = LOL STARFALL AND TREANTS WIN GAMES LOL I WIN
    feral= lol im a druid, i win by default
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

Deleted
    Ironically, on my realm, ppl who say PvE is easy are the wpvp kids who who only saw the LK in person in Halls of Reflection.
    very true, ravenholdt pro realm

Leveling a priest is among the most annoying and boring experiences you can have in WoW. Leveling a priest should never be done solo or you WILL hate your life.
    This is true for the first 20 levels but once you get flash heal all you have to do is spec holy and chain queue randoms as a healer till 40 where you can switch to shadow or keep healing. My priest hasn't left Stormwind since level 20 and he's currently 33.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Inexperienced PvPer is inexperienced.
    Obvious troll is obvious

Quote Originally Posted by tekoix View Post
    LUL. I never pvp'd before my DK and I facerolled with 300ish res using a blue weapon and gear to 1800. Too hard ahahaha.

On a serious note, go to arenajunkies.com and look up viable comps, you can pick for yourself out of your current classes.
    Nice being carried by a priest healer eh?

Obvious troll is obvious
    I can't help to troll people talking about things they clearly no nothing about.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warlock.

Because they have Fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    lock affli + druid resto is the easiest way, you don't need that awesome gear to hit 1800, and playing this setup is not that hard.