Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    I can't help to troll people talking about things they clearly no nothing about.
    Yes your contributions surely make you an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubite View Post
    Lock.
    Druid/warlock 2s can be the most skill-less setup if you wanna play it that way.
    Enter the match, UA, then drain mana.
    God.../facepalm. Im guessing you've NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER played warlock in your life before. Im also guessing that you've been owned in arena a shitload of times by this combo. So many times that every time you meet this combo you begin QQing before you even loose.

EDIT: roll a warrior if your butt hurts so bad

I hear RMP is hard...OH WAIT

Quote Originally Posted by Shampayne1985 View Post
    *slow clap*
    based on you making that comment I can tell that you wouldn't understand how to play an comp at high level or understand how basics work.
    gz on getting beaten by better players.

@OP
    Roll something you think you might enjoy most classes have 2 levels of play on basic but still fun and often they have a 2nd level of more advanced play that is more based around playing your comp and good communication between your team.

Quote Originally Posted by shags the penguin View Post
    *slow clap*
    based on you making that comment I can tell that you wouldn't understand how to play an comp at high level or understand how basics work.
    gz on getting beaten by better players.

@OP
    Roll something you think you might enjoy most classes have 2 levels of play on basic but still fun and often they have a 2nd level of more advanced play that is more based around playing your comp and good communication between your team.
    Let me guess your the scrub rogue who gets carried by the priest in your 2s or 3s?

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Cause an arena match is not about team work but about individual rambos going mano-a-mano.

You want skill in pve ? Play a tank and tank the LK. If you don't manage your cds properly and coordinate with the other tank at the right time, it's a wipe.
    Also, according to you, a player's personal ability to not stand in the flames or in front of cleaving bosses is meaningless cause only the teamwork counts.

I like how you can utter subjective bullshit. You could probably explain to me how the Sun spins around the Earth, as well.
    I main tank heroic LK 25 and while we've only gotten him to 26%
    I can say that the fight does not take some sort of amazing pve skill. It's 15minutes of 25 players doing lots of simple mechanics over and over and if any person makes a mistake you wipe. That's difficulty through attrition not a skill requirement.

Where as some aspects of arena are a joke (beastcleave, dispell cleave, LSD) it certainly takes
    more skill than pve by a mile. I step into raiding basically a month before icc comes out and next thing you know I'm MT for an 11/12 Hm guild. I still struggle to break 2300 on my Mage in 3s.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Leveling a priest is among the most annoying and boring experiences you can have in WoW. Leveling a priest should never be done solo or you WILL hate your life.
    Either you suck at lvling or you're trying to be funny. Shadowpriest past levle 20ish is just as easymode as any other class.

Bad classes are Ret pala and warrior.

Deleted
    Quite Sad actually that PvE can walk in and dominate Full out PVP, really unfair mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by patrins View Post
    I main tank heroic LK 25 and while we've only gotten him to 26%
    I can say that the fight does not take some sort of amazing pve skill. It's 15minutes of 25 players doing lots of simple mechanics over and over and if any person makes a mistake you wipe. That's difficulty through attrition not a skill requirement.

Where as some aspects of arena are a joke (beastcleave, dispell cleave, LSD) it certainly takes
    more skill than pve by a mile. I step into raiding basically a month before icc comes out and next thing you know I'm MT for an 11/12 Hm guild. I still struggle to break 2300 on my Mage in 3s.
    You say that but your talking about now with a 30% buff in ICC, your cooldowns and actions would have to be alot more co-ordinated with lets say 5% its one hell of alot harder than now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampayne1985 View Post
    You are aware of the fact that RMP isn't hard to play, but the hardest setup to master right? It's pretty easy too reach a decent rating but in the end it will always be THE setup that is hardest to get gladiator with. I mean, you can't seriously think that comps like Africann Turtle, LSD, TSG, Beastcleave, Shatterplay, Shadowshatter or anything else is as hard as RMP at high rating or does require the same amount of CC, coordination and situational awareness.

And one thing about the PvE vs. PvP discussion. I quitted WoW back in december, so i have no idea how hard LK is/was. But i can say one thing about PvE that will always be like this. It requires much more dedication than skill. I raided Sunwell back in BC and as some one already mentioned. Mur'u wasn't hard, because you did the same shit over and over again. It was about perfection, 25people doing the same boring shit 100times and finally do enough
    damage to kill entrophius before he chained you to death. Fighting bosses in WoW will always be like this. And that's the difference between PvP and PvE. When you fight another player you don't know what he's going to do, every match CAN be dfferent. And let's be honest, in PvE it's the same shit, every fucking try which does not mean that is a easy thing to do. Even Yogg-Saron without keepers was a fight like this. You did the same shit countless of times and hoped the RNG wouldn't fuck you.

And by the way. I am pretty sure tanking hasn't become hard in ICC, because it seriously never was in WotLK. Tanking in BC was hard in some way. Warrior tanking was fun , control aggro on 3 targets. As I already stated, i have no idea about LK and ICC in general but what could be hard as tank? Using your CDs right? I hope that's a bad joke. Controlling mobs in WotLK seems to be rather a joke than a challenge.

Closing words.
    PvE is about dedication, situational awareness
    PvP is about a little bit less dedication, little bit more situational awareness

EDIT-
    One more thing about the fact that many good PvE'ers are actually good at arenas and stuff. It's simple, they are good players and know how too play their classes. But one thing that has to be mentioned. PvE items were and will always be very helpful. They were back in S3/S4 when glaive rogues dominated 2's, they were back in S7 when this ANNOYING MACE decided every fuckig match it was used in (for example 5's with holy+restodr with valanyr, joke) or when the trinkets dropping in TotGC like solace were used (imagine double healer warrior, both with dual solace) and I am pretty sure it was the same with Shadowmourne.

If you like to discuss things like this, be objective and don't talk about the thing you love like it is the hardest thing ever. PvE and PvP, both require skill in some way.
    Last edited by nehh; 2010-08-06 at 08:56 PM.

^ this man is right.
    i say this as a guy who tanks for an 11/12hm guild and has played borring cleave with double heroic solaces

oh and i would say the warrior is the best class to start with but you will unlikely be able to make a decent team with the 3 of you with any of those classes. i say the warrior because they (besides s5) have ALWAYS been a good class in arena and you can also play quite a strong team in 2s with your druid friend.

Go Bm hunter, team up with a Enh shaman and holy pala, and faceroll away!

If you roll a warrior and find a Pally healer, well, it's fun.
    Rogues are great fun at 80, but leveling can be a pain.
    Other than that, can't help you out much.
    Apocalypse, Juggernaut, Engine of War.
    Piercing your chest with pure hate.
    Twisting within the great heart of all things
    Exist only to obliterate.