Deleted

Disc versus holy

I'm positive this has been discussed, however even though we are nearing the end of this expansion I still am unaware why the 2 priests in my guild claim holy is useless, yet every guild that took an Lich King 25hc kill used them.

Let me introduce myself a bit, so maybe my question makes more sense, I'm an officer from a guild that is has 11/12 hc progress on 25 man. We had attendance problems after the Sindragosa kill and have since raided 2 days a week. We have come to the point that we have a stable group again that is ready for Arthas. Sadly time caught up and we're stuck with a 30% buff, but what the hell.

Now my issue, I am inder the impression a holy priest in combination with a disc would really shine on that fight. PoM, renew and the AoE group heals should be awesome, however the priests in my guild disagree. Why would holy be awesome there vs disc?

No offense, but not this shit again -_-' (someone had to say it, it's getting really old....)

With that being said, 1 disc + 1 holy is fine; the holy priest will burst heal 1 group up after each Infest and the disc will just none stop shield spam. When you come to the Frostmourne room you will have some better raid healing due to the holy priest (compared to having 2 discs, which is fine as well). When it comes to defensive CDs it seems, to me, that 1 disc + 1 holy or 2 discs kinda gives the same result, but having 2 discs will net you a second PI.
    One thing to keep in mind though, is that if your 1 disc priest gets picked up by a Valkyr you have to react swiftly, as a raid, and pop some CDs to turn the tide when Infest hits.

But all in all, any of the 2 priest options is viable and there will be some pros and cons whatever you pick.

EDIT: ahmm, are you talking about LK25 on normal or heroic, cause if it's normal it doesn't matter, at all...
    Last edited by Hushkoon; 2010-08-04 at 12:04 PM.

Deleted
    Sorry for offending you on a normal question, sadly you didn't tell me anything I did not allready know. Guees there is no difference. Odd.

Well 2 disc priest would be safe choice i think, but all depends on your "main" disc priest expirience and gear in the end. If he can preform well shielding all people fast enough, not making huge mistakes, just go with 1 disc. If you just started your progress on LK25HC, i believe, you could spec disc or bring 1 additional healer.
    P.S. its understandable if your main spec is holy, you wouldnt like to do this fight as disc, but you can play around with holy and disc, and see result.
    Last edited by Alekslari; 2010-08-04 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emy View Post
    I'm positive this has been discussed, however even though we are nearing the end of this expansion I still am unaware why the 2 priests in my guild claim holy is useless, yet every guild that took an Lich King 25hc kill used them.

Let me introduce myself a bit, so maybe my question makes more sense, I'm an officer from a guild that is has 11/12 hc progress on 25 man. We had attendance problems after the Sindragosa kill and have since raided 2 days a week. We have come to the point that we have a stable group again that is ready for Arthas. Sadly time caught up and we're stuck with a 30% buff, but what the hell.

Now my issue, I am inder the impression a holy priest in combination with a disc would really shine on that fight. PoM, renew and the AoE group heals should be awesome, however the priests in my guild disagree. Why would holy be awesome there vs disc?
    Main reason people bring disc to fights is to deal with specific mechanics like Saurfang mark, LK infest etc with its shield. With higer buff % and better gear, a disc priest' shield getting less important. At lower buff %, disc priest was A MUST for dealing with infest in hardmode LK, but Im not sure now.

Aside from the shields, disc's healing arsenal is much less versatile than holy's. Its good for migrating damage, single target burst healing, preventing lethal spike damage when people make mistake. Against farmed bosses, with 30% HP and healing buff, the shields aint that awesome and people hardly got one-shot anymore. I switched to dual holy/disc since I started to realize that fact.

Holy is far from useless, your priests are just .. blind. Sorry, its your own spec, why do you shun its :\
    Last edited by kronpas; 2010-08-04 at 12:35 PM.

Sorry for offending you on a normal question, sadly you didn't tell me anything I did not allready know. Guees there is no difference. Odd.
    Well, you didn't offend me, I just pointed out that your question is getting really old, aka it has been asked before (read: use the search function and see GRAND results), but I did take my time to try to be constructive and helpfull.

But as it turns out you already knew all this? Then why the hell even come here and ask in the first place; there really is nothing more to it than what I brought up in my first reply, so crawl back under your rock, you time-wasting, lazy lemming...

I have healed every fight as disc and holy, here is my take. My guild, who has killed everything heroic except for 25 man LK, (because people keep quitting, including me, but we killed him 10 man) Runs with disc and a holy priest. When it comes to Sendragosa on Heroic we tend to run with a couple more healers because with the debuffs you can easily lose half your healing. Each has it's strengths and weaknesses, I recommend running with both, because combine with Disc spamming PWS on everyone helps gives healers a chance to catch up. Holy really does really good raid healing on Sindra P3 because in P3 you are consistently running between ice-blocks and being holy can pretty much raid heal without having to stand still makes them really shine in that fight. In my opinion if I can only have one priest in that fight I would chose Holy for the throughput.

Edit - sorry miss read thought you was on Sindrea

Heroic LK I would take 2 disc over 1 Disc 1 Holy because shields are extremely OP for P1/P2.
    Last edited by zenkai; 2010-08-04 at 12:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hushkoon View Post
    Well, you didn't offend me, I just pointed out that your question is getting really old, aka it has been asked before (read: use the search function and see GRAND results), but I did take my time to try to be constructive and helpfull.

But as it turns out you already knew all this? Then why the hell even come here and ask in the first place; there really is nothing more to it than what I brought up in my first reply, so crawl back under your rock, you time-wasting, lazy lemming...
    Sorry, shouldn't have asked on mmo. I was merely searching for a good reasoning behind other guilds setups. Nothing to do with being lazy or a lemming for that matter. No need to be a dick . It's something I have been wondering for ages and the search function is rather slow kn my phone. Excuse me for that.

Thanks for the other posts, yet I still don't understand why at the 5% buff a holy priest was chosen over a resto druid. Luckily it doesn't matter anymore with 30%.
    Last edited by mmocde156a4a73; 2010-08-04 at 01:06 PM.

Thanks for the other posts, yet I still don't understand why at the 5% buff a holy priest was chosen over a resto druid. Luckily it doesn't matter anymore with 30%.
    Because Holy priest where more valuable than druids due to the fight mechanics of Infest. If you are doing heroic or your healers are underg ear, druids hots will not out heal Infest, but POH and COH will. At 30% normal LK should be a walk in the park with healers unless they are still in T9...

If you have 2 Disc priest then infest should never be a problem the only people who will have it more than a second will be the tank or the dumbass melee dps who is pulling ghouls on himself and losing is shield because he feels he needs to inflate his dps with his AE. (which in normal is no big deal with good gear on 30% buff but retarded on heroic)

And oh just to clarify further, on LK normal the healing make up doesn't mater anymore but we use to do 1 disc/ 1 holy (the holy priest has the Legendary) because infest is easy on normal, Heroic we always run with 2 Disc
    Last edited by zenkai; 2010-08-04 at 01:29 PM.

1 holy and 1 disc.

Disc shields groups 3 through 5, and whoever else he can pick up. Shaman chains G1. Holy priest PoH + CoH G2. This arrangement = win over infest.

I've seen the following comp to be the most common:

1 disc priest
    1 holy priest
    2 holy pallies
    1 resto shaman
    and maybe one more healer

I tried H LK with 2 discs, and totally felt like I wasn't being used to the best of my ability. There are 23 shield targets, and one disc is capable of covering 15 to 19 on their own (depends on how much movement, etc). That's not many targets left over for the second disc, and if the second disc handles it, what are the other healers supposed to be doing during those phases? The tanks don't need 3 or 4 healers dedicated to keeping them up. Two pallies is plenty.

If the disc gets picked up, have another priest (holy or shadow) or pally pop a CD. You may need another CD after the disc is dropped, but the disc can Divine Hymn that next infest.

If you need 2 discs to control infest, you have issues with the other healers not keeping up.

I Know you don't have to have 2 disc priest for H LK but it sure does make helva alot easier vs 1 disc 1 holy, especially in P2 because people will not always be tightly packed for COH and CH when they are running out for defile. The problem with some disc healers is they don't know they have more than one spell that's not PWS, guild kick those and pick up ones that do.

I'm sure that it makes it a "helvalot" easier for you. I'd like to sit and buff my nails during P1 and P2 while pallies and disc priests do all the work too.

Back to an earlier post of yours: How do you figure that holy priest is better on infest than druid for infest with two disc priests doing all of the work? That makes no sense. If you have two discs, you don't need a holy priest anymore.

If people are running out of range for heals, what makes you think a disc could shield them? Range is range. If that's happening with more than one person (the one with defile), the problem is that you have people running amok instead of controlled.

Back to an earlier post of yours: How do you figure that holy priest is better on infest than druid for infest with two disc priests doing all of the work? That makes no sense. If you have two discs, you don't need a holy priest anymore.
    Sorry, let me clarify, I mean if you had to chose between a holy priest or a druid with 1 to 0 disc priest, if you have 2 disc then it doesn't really matter. That fight is very bias for Disc healers and holy pal.

If people are running out of range for heals, what makes you think a disc could shield them? Range is range. If that's happening with more than one person (the one with defile), the problem is that you have people running amok instead of controlled.
    There is a difference between running out of healing range and running out of group healing range, for instance, Guy on left is 30Y from you, guy on right is 30Y form you, thats 60Y, do you have any group healing spells that will heal them both at once? No but you will be able to Pre shield them before infest lands
    Last edited by zenkai; 2010-08-05 at 03:22 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks Auraya, that was basicly the whole reason for this thread. Or in other words, what I wanted to hear. Thanks for the input, I'll work my way up from here.