25 45.45%
  • Black Magic

12 21.82%
  • Mongoose

18 32.73%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feral DPS weapon chant as of 3.3.5

I have read many threads about weapon enchanting for Feral dps and was wonding what the communites current opinion on what the best enchant is right now for dps. I saw where people said they were going to test Black Magic vs. Beserking since Mongoose was no longer the best chant with the haste change but never saw any results.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your gear. Bis = Black magic.
    Meh gear = Beserking.
    Least what I've heard.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Well black magic is a caster spell that only procs from direct damage spell isn't it.
    Vol'Jin: ...You be no Warchief of mine!
    Garrosh: *deep breath* I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Colphus View Post
    Well black magic is a caster spell that only procs from direct damage spell isn't it.
    Yup

Beserking is good if you are ARP capped, mongoose is wank unless you play bear, at the mo on my feral dps i use Executioner - nice 120 arp boost

10+ Year Old Account
    Ff procs it, no?
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Procs from mangle and shred (at least last time I checked).

Well if it does i'm sure keeping the debuff up will be a dps increase but using it every cooldown will be a waste of GCDs.
    Vol'Jin: ...You be no Warchief of mine!
    Garrosh: *deep breath* I find your lack of faith disturbing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Generally yes, however there seems to be an exception for kitty druids in that shred, mangle, and maul are all able to proc the enchant. No one is 100% sure if it's a bug and how it relates to infected wounds or what but it can proc for kitties. Generally speaking, the four enchants kitty druids are looking at now-a-days is this

Full T10 (Crit capped, hit capped, expertise capped) - Black Magic (250 Haste Rating for 10 seconds every 45 seconds) is BiS
    Arp between 1200 - 1280 (depending on food buff) - Executioner (120 Arp on a 1 PPM)
    T9 - lower T10 - Berserking (400 AP on a 1 PPM)
    Starting kitties - Mongoose (120 Agility/30 Haste Rating on a 1 PPM)

---------- Post added 2010-08-04 at 01:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Ff procs it, no?
    No it does not. Only shred, mangle (in kitty; bears require Infected Wounds for it to proc), and maul (requires Infected Wounds for it to proc)
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2010-08-04 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Generally yes, however there seems to be an exception for kitty druids in that shred, mangle, and maul are all able to proc the enchant. No one is 100% sure if it's a bug and how it relates to infected wounds or what but it can proc for kitties. Generally speaking, the four enchants kitty druids are looking at now-a-days is this

Full T10 (Crit capped, hit capped, expertise capped) - Black Magic (250 Haste Rating for 10 seconds every 45 seconds) is BiS
    Arp between 1200 - 1280 (depending on food buff) - Executioner (120 Arp on a 1 PPM)
    T9 - lower T10 - Berserking (400 AP on a 1 PPM)
    Starting kitties - Mongoose (120 Agility/30 Haste Rating on a 1 PPM)

---------- Post added 2010-08-04 at 01:16 PM ----------

No it does not. Only shred, mangle (in kitty; bears require Infected Wounds for it to proc), and maul (requires Infected Wounds for it to proc)
    source for enchant info?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicieus View Post
    source for enchant info?
    Black Magic = http://www.wowhead.com/spell=59625#comments (sorry I am wrong, it has a 35 second internal cooldown (ICD) )
    - Proc info - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=59626
    Executioner = http://www.wowhead.com/spell=42974#comments
    - Proc info - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=42976
    Berserking = http://www.wowhead.com/spell=59621#comments
    - Proc info - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=23505
    Mongoose = http://www.wowhead.com/spell=27984#comments
    - Proc info - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=28093

Really not that hard to find the info

As for Shred, mangle, and maul proccing Black magic, it was first reported on RAWR's issue tracker and later confirmed by multiple people, myself included (had an extra weapon, enchanted it with Black Magic, went naked with only the weapon equipped and just tested on a test dummy).

http://rawr.codeplex.com/workitem/17803

As for where each enchant is placed, it's from personal experience from a gearing point of view. At low gear levels, druids are wanting agility instead of arp since they won't have the gear with arp on it. In T9 - T10 they will have enough agility to be competitive and they will be wanting more ArP than agility, so the 400 AP proc is more useful. Once you start hitting 1000 ArP, kitties will want to start aiming for the 1400 ArP cap. Once a druid gets near 1280 with the ArP food, Executioner becomes more valuable so that the druid can reach ArP cap when it procs. It's only for that short period of time that Executioner is better. On the flip side once ArP capped, Berserking and Black Magic are about even on how valuable they are. After a druid has hit Crit cap, hit cap, and expertise cap after getting ArP capped, the only other stat they can really benefit from is haste (at which point they will have 13,000 Kitty AP in raids so strength is kindof useless), so Black Magic becomes more valuable.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2010-08-04 at 07:15 PM.

It also procs of mangle and shred unless they hot fixed it and it procs in bear form off mangle and maul if specced into infested wounds

according to wowiki

Black Magic lasts for 10 seconds.
    Has a 35 second internal cooldown.
    Only procs for caster direct damage spells. "Physical magic" (paladin Hammer of Righteousness) and DOTs will not proc this.
    Only exception to the "Physical magic" is that Feral Kitty Mangle and Shred both seem to proc the enchant. In addition Feral Bears who spec into Infected Wounds are able to proc the enchant with Mangle and Maul. [1]
    Proc rate approximately 35%.

I would like to thank everyone with the quality information this thread is generating. It is nice that now we have a thread we can go to for current feedback on the latest strategies involving chants.

10+ Year Old Account
    How far behind would Massacre +110 AP be?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith View Post
    How far behind would Massacre +110 AP be?
    Currently it's ranked just shy behind Berserking, but not by much.

Scourgebane also nice for nearly all of ICC, if like me you have a spare distant land and no oathbinder still.

As for BM, I suspect this might be intentional (though undocumented) change, if we consider Cataclysm beta datamined enchants as indications of future enchants:

Enchant Weapon - Hurricane
    Permanently enchant a weapon to sometimes increase haste rating by 350 for 15 sec when casting spells or striking in melee. Requires a level 300 or higher item.

Deleted
    arpen and hitcapped: BM
    executioner if you can't get to arpen hardcap but can get to the executioner softcap
    otherwise berserking
    scourgebane if you're optimizing for undead-only encounters in icc

Mongoose for the lightning effect. Cause berserker and mongoose are roughly the same at overall if you are not over the crit cap while under the proc of mongoose.