Bio: Arcanist Nu'alaa

Name: Nu'alaa
    Race: Eredar/Draenei
    Class: Arcane Mage
    Alignment: Neutral Good. She is less concerned with the problems of the Alliance than of her own people, but understands the debt that is owed.

Personality: A rational thinker with a warm heart. She is proud to call her self Eredar, and still does to this day, unwilling to succumb to the idea that her people are "exiles". She is quick to strike new friendships, but will always remain watchful. Approaches most problems with an unwavering smile.

Likes: Good manners, kind people, and those with a desire to learn.
    Dislikes: Anything demonic, along with a mild distaste for working among the "Broken" Draenei.

Appearance:Nu'alaa's skin is a very light blueish color, and her hair, only a slightly darker shade, is cut short in a nape, leaving her bangs long in the front, with two longer lengths framing her face. She is only slightly shorter than the average Draenei female, her horns however, are unlike any of her Draenei comrades. They are longer, and thicker than most, coiled back, then down, resembling the shape of a crooked question mark. This trait is dominant among Eredar women, and is a result of her age, being among the original Eredar of Argus. Her appearance does not readily give away her age, save for several scars and blemishes of battle along her back and arms. She is also adorned with the symbol of the Naaru hovering above her head, small yet definitive as it remains there without wavering.

She is equipped with the Aldor Regalia (Mage Tier 4), and a blue Crystalfire Staff.
    In repose, she wears only a regular Arcanist's Robe, but is never without her staff, as it is precious to her.

Strengths: Humble, intuitive, wise, and calm; she can normally discern problems with a glance, and will readily offer advice to those who seek it.
    Weaknesses: A longing for the past. At times, she may develop a thirst for knowledge, and a pang of regret for disowning the respect she once had for her one-time idol, Kiljaeden.
    History:

Born on Argus nearly 25,000 years ago, Nu'alaa was raised in the early years of her life among the flourishing society of the Eredar, in the city of Mac'Aree. She experienced a relatively normal childhood among her people, save for her affinity towards magic, exceptional even among her own, highly skilled people. As she got older, she strove for excellence, trying to better herself to the levels of the Eredar triumvirate. After Sargeras arrived and the triumvirate was torn, Nu'alaa became conflicted. How could the others ignore Velen's vision? What if he is right, and that we will all become demons? After some time, she made the decision to flee with Velen and the others, however, doubt still remained in her heart. For a time, she rejected the Naaru's light, refusing to admit that their people had truly become "exiled", and that she would return home some day.

Yet, she was still young, and the entire picture was not not clear to her. After fleeing for several hundred years, she pledged her allegiance to Velen and the Naaru, however she still refused to call herself a Draenei. It was after that, that she began her formal training with magic, but it wasn't long before she surpassed her teachers, and she started to teach herself more advanced spells, and even discovering some of her own that had been previously unknown to her people.

She continued on this way until her people arrived on Draenor, where they lived quietly among the orcs of Nagrand, where she befriended a glorious purple elekk that she named Kigona, a variation of the word "heart" in Eredun. By now, Nu'alaa had become well respected among her people as a master of the arcane, as well as a fount of wisdom. For several hundred years they enjoyed peace. Nu'alaa spent much time with her close friend, an anchorite named Ishanah. It was through her that Nu'alaa developed a true appreciation for the Light, and together they lived among the various other Draenei in their capital of Shattrath.

It wasn't until some years later that their peace was shattered. The Burning Legion had finally caught up with them, and corrupted the orcs that they had lived peacefully among for decades. Nu'alaa discovered this abruptly. At the time, she had been investigating a suspected anomaly occurring northern Nagrand area. The anomaly turned out to be nothing of consequence, and she began to make her return home when the song of the Naaru filled her mind. It didn't speak words, but delivered the grim message clearer than any voice could have described: Shattrath was under attack.

She quickly began conjuring a portal home, and as she stepped through it, her breath was taken away. All around her, the once serene city was consumed by violence and bloodshed. The Draenei were fighting fiercely against the invading orcs. Green orcs. "The Legion…" She spoke through her teeth, and in an instant she lashed her hand outwards, releasing an Arcane Barrage at a nearby orc, swiftly ending the struggle between it, and a young Draenei vindicator. The air seemed charged around her, as she tore through the city, spells screaming from her fingertips as arcane blasts detonated, and missiles flew in every direction. She continued killing waves up waves of orcs, but they only increased in number. It seemed as if for every orc she killed, three more arrived to take its place. She cursed the name of Kil'Jaeden for bringing this horror upon them. It wasn't long before the city was in ruins, as the Draenei fled to the top of the Aldor rise, the highest point in the city, as orcs attempted to clamor up the walls, only to shot down by marksmen. Through there, the remaining survivors of the massacre made their escape into Terrokkar forest, and from there, Zangarmarsh. For decades they hid there, and during this time, radical changes occurred throughout their world.

With the coming of Illidan Stormage, and the occupation of the Tempest Keep by Kael'thas, Velen decided it was time to make a move. Nu'alaa sat among a small council that included Velen the Prophet, Farseer Nobundo, Ishanah, and Adyen the Lightwarden. Velen spoke them calmly, and explained the situation to them. He decided that he would lead his people to this new world, and that Ishanah was to remain behind as High Priestess, and lead the survivors of the Aldor, with the help of Adyen, in hopes of the Naaru's return. Nu'alaa, on the other had, was chosen by Velen to accompany him and Nobundo in the assault against the Exodar. She was saddened by her departure from her friend, but understood her duty.

It wasn't long before the Blood Elves of Tempest Keep heard the thundering approach of the Draenei elekks at their doorstep. Nevertheless, they had been caught off guard. Kigona had been clad in thick purple battle armor, with gorgeous violet crystals adorning the sides. Together, they stormed the Exodar. Led by Velen himself, waves of searing light and holy fire consumed the Blood Elves as Nu'alaa witnessed for the first time the wrath of Velen. Victory was absolute, or so they thought. As they wrestled the Exodar free from the rest of the Tempest Keep, the elves had sabotaged their escape. As they teleported into the dimensional planes, an explosion occurred within the Exodar, and they were sent hurtling towards Azeroth, crash landing Azuremyst Isle.

Slowly, she awoke from what seemed like days of unconsciousness. As she laid there, her hands gripped the soft grass that grew beneath her. She sat up in a daze, with a ringing in her ear that quickly subsided, as a cool breeze washed over her face. She managed to stand, leaning on her staff for support as she gazed around. She was alone, save for several corpses scattered across the clearing. Then, suddenly something caught her eye that nearly made her stumble and lose her balance; it was the Exodar…or what was left of it, plowed deep into the side of a mountain, with pillars of smoke rising from every opening. She felt herself break into a cold sweat, her injuries taking hold as she begins to lose focus and collapse. Suddenly a small, glowing symbol hovers next to her forehead. The song of the Naaru begins to fill her mind, as her wounds slowly begin to heal.

After laying there for several hours she regains enough strength to make her way towards the remains of the Exodar. Finally arriving at the crash site, she finds Velen and Nobundo, along with a very small group of survivors, no greater than twenty. Velen's face shows a slight sign of relief as she makes her way out of the forest, several of the vindicators who had not fared as badly in the crash rush to help her. Velen approaches her with a sobering calm, remarking on the blessing that adorns her forehead. "I see…" he mutters. "Nu'alaa…It seems you are destined for great things."

Over several months, she and the rest of the survivors scoured the small island for others who had lived through the crash. Elated upon finding a large group of them in Ammen Vale, the renewed hope gave them the courage to send several ambassadors outwards to make further contact with the allies that Velen spoke of in his vision. For some weeks she remained in an unshakeable depression over the current state of the Draenei. However, much to her surprise and jubilation, she discovered that many of the Elekks had survived the crash, and among them her beloved Kigona.

In present day, Nu'alaa lives in the Exodar, working with her people to solve the laundry list of problems that the Alliance faces. Although she trusts Velen's judgement wholly, she remains wary of allied warlocks and their use of demonic energies. From time to time, she will still let slip phrases of the old language, receiving stern looks from Velen, now being the language of the enemy. She remains in contact with her old friend Ishanah, who now has her hands full as she leads the newly revived Aldor in Outland (She hates calling it that) and visits Shattrath often, although still saddened as she gazes upon the shade of her cities former glory. There is rarely a day that passes when she does not day-dream of the peaceful days she spent in the vast fields of Nagrand, or wonder if this eternal conflict her people are caught up in will ever end.
    Last edited by Raesa; 2010-08-09 at 09:16 PM.
    Simplicity, a heart of gold, an old head on young shoulders. Quiet and lovely,
    become a part of me, And now I see, from a handful of names and a thousand faces,
    one light, burning, fiercely.

I'm sorry for not responding sooner, I'd like to say that first :x

As for any critiquing, it looks good, but I feel there's a skip in her history. What happened to her during the rise of the horde? Did she ever find out about Kil'Jaeden? Those kinda things.

EDIT: Oh and how was the Exodar's crash for her, and her experiences with joining the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    I'm sorry for not responding sooner, I'd like to say that first :x

As for any critiquing, it looks good, but I feel there's a skip in her history. What happened to her during the rise of the horde? Did she ever find out about Kil'Jaeden? Those kinda things.

EDIT: Oh and how was the Exodar's crash for her, and her experiences with joining the Alliance.
    Hehe, that's alright. Although for a little bit, I was sitting here thinking "Ohmigawd, they hated it T-T"

But yeah, I'm not really sure how I forgot about the initial crash... The reason I didn't mention the rise of the Horde was I didn't want her to make too much of a splash in the actual lore, but there's probably ways around that. I'll keep working at it, thanks for the critique. :]
    become a part of me, And now I see, from a handful of names and a thousand faces,

Looks good to me. Regarding her age, she would be definetly older than 25,000 years old. There is no accurate information regarding the age of childhood/adulthood, so it should be roughly around that, but I would say about 25,500-26,000 would be a decent guess for her age.

Her history looks fine, but it would be best to flesh it out a bit more. Maybe, give her experiences of the Legion's invasion. Did she flee? Did she fight till the last moment? Where was she when the Orcs turned against them?

Also, how did she rejoin the bulk of the Draenei remnants after that? How was the experience of the Exodar's crash? Aside from that, it seems perfect. Welcome to the RP forums!

Edit: Just saw your explanation in the above post. It wasn't here when I started typing.
    Last edited by ELYPOP; 2010-08-07 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks for the feedback you two. It helped a lot. :] I just edited my top post, and made some pretty significant additions. A little bit of flavor with her elekk companion, and friendship with the High Priestess of the Aldor. (Just thought she was a bit overlooked as a character). Let me know what you think! I'm not totally sure all of my lore details are correct, so if you see anything pertaining to that, (or any other various suggestions you might have) don't hesitate to let me know. :3

Thanks!

Looks good to me, I have very few issues with it. Firstly, most of the Draenei hid in Zangarmarsh prior to the reclaimation of the Exodar. Velen, Nobundo, and many others hid at Telredor. Secondly, I don't think Velen had a vision of the Alliance, nor of Azeroth. It was just by chance that they landed here. Aside from that, and unless you can prove me wrong, it looks fine to me. Welcome to the RP forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan-Amuno View Post
    Looks good to me, I have very few issues with it. Firstly, most of the Draenei hid in Zangarmarsh prior to the reclaimation of the Exodar. Velen, Nobundo, and many others hid at Telredor. Secondly, I don't think Velen had a vision of the Alliance, nor of Azeroth. It was just by chance that they landed here. Aside from that, and unless you can prove me wrong, it looks fine to me. Welcome to the RP forums!
    Ack, I think you're right! I could have sworn I read that somewhere, but now that I actually look for it, I can't find it anywhere. I'll edit that a bit. Thanks