Thread: Spectator Areas

Spectator Areas

I'd love to sometimes head to a major city, visit an Arena Spectator NPC, and click to "Watch Arena Match". Essentially, you'd be able to watch the arena take place, but not be able to participate in any way. All chat functions within the Arensa disabled, Viewer-Players cant even see each other. I'd mostly like to watch the fights as they happen Live from a third party perspective. In the stands!
    "Your arrogance will be your undoing" - Lord Jaraxxus (aka Lord Jerry)

That would be sick, blizzard should just make a online stream channel and brodcast high rated area and make even more money!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozmademos View Post
    I'd love to sometimes head to a major city, visit an Arena Spectator NPC, and click to "Watch Arena Match". Essentially, you'd be able to watch the arena take place, but not be able to participate in any way. All chat functions within the Arensa disabled, Viewer-Players cant even see each other. I'd mostly like to watch the fights as they happen Live from a third party perspective. In the stands!
    I think it would be cool for like the arena competitions, and I suppose it would be cool for like watching an arena match to get info and learn some strats

Deleted
    Really good idea, really. Also make it able to choose between what MMR's to watch also.

Sup guys inv me to skype and i'll tell you where their rogue is!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Sup guys inv me to skype and i'll tell you where their rogue is!
    I doubt you can see them ALL THE WAY over at the seats when not even the players standing 2 feet away from that rogue can't see him :P

This idea was brought up a lot of times.
    I believe there were even some Blue Posts on this.

I doubt it will ever happen though. Would mean that people need to queue to "see" a match.
    Dawwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    I doubt you can see them ALL THE WAY over at the seats when not even the players standing 2 feet away from that rogue can't see him :P

This idea was brought up a lot of times.
    I believe there were even some Blue Posts on this.

I doubt it will ever happen though. Would mean that people need to queue to "see" a match.
    I belive watching games from a seat would be a very blend way of doing it though. Considering games often take place behind pillars and you'd be quite far away from the actual players.

I think I would still prefer watching the Xfire streams.

I am sure all efamous players would enjoy having serious lag during all their arena matches.

Someone proposed this idea, but instead of LIVE it would have a 30 sec delay, so that the viewers can't interfere by helping out one of the teams. It's a good idea, but unless they found a way to make lag a minimal issue then I'm not interested. An option to turn viewing on/off would be nice, if you don't want people watching you play.