Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Resilience Nullified/Removed

I just thought of a pretty simple way to nullify resilience.

Put static amounts of resilience on each item level. Effecting both PvP and PvE items without being taken out of the gears max stats. Causing PvP gear to rise slightly in power making it more competitive in PvE.

PvP gear would still have a higher stamina to power ratio and vice versa with PvE. This would still make them ideal for the area they were aquired with-in but not completly gimp someone due to using it in the other field.

This would be a huge step to having a more balanced feel in PvP.
    (The people who argue with this probably also support a level 19 with 3000hp eating noobs.)
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-08-17 at 01:52 AM.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Stop trying to make shit more difficult than it already is. pvp gear is for pvp, pve gear is for pve. get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You might as well just make resil a passive character bonus at max level and remove it from gear completely then.

You pay the price today for wearing PvE gear in PvP by being very soft and squishy. Vice Versa, PvP gear in PvE equates to poor sub-par damage in comparison to your fellow players.

If all gear had resil (Which is what I THINK you're saying) then there would be even less reason to use the appropriate gear.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2010-08-14 at 06:11 AM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    You might as well just make resil a passive character bonus at max level and remove it from gear completely then
    That would have a similar effect but due to gear scaling as tiers progress it would end up having a negative effect in the long run.

Also...
    Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    Stop trying to make shit more difficult than it already is. pvp gear is for pvp, pve gear is for pve. get over it.
    More difficult? This would simplify things greatly. PvP/PvE Discrimination would take a huge drop. This also fits into Blizzard's plans to make everything more open to everyone.
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-08-14 at 06:16 AM.
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna have to side with the above posters minus the cynicism. Careful about saying "resilience" on these forums; people are bound to perk up and scream at their computer screens in rage.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

If all gear had resil (Which is what I THINK you're saying) then there would be even less reason to use the appropriate gear.
    That is exactly the point. See my reply to Xile a bit above.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    I'm gonna have to side with the above posters minus the cynicism. Careful about saying "resilience" on these forums; people are bound to perk up and scream at their computer screens in rage.
    I can take a bit of nerd rage.

You might as well just make resil a passive character bonus at max level and remove it from gear completely then.

You pay the price today for wearing PvE gear in PvP by being very soft and squishy. Vice Versa, PvP gear in PvE equates to poor sub-par damage in comparison to your fellow players.

This. I don't think that PVP players go into an ICC and be topping the meters, but I also don't feel like PVE players should get gear with resil before ever setting foot in an arena or a BG. I think the current system is fair. (For the most part, any way.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pompeii View Post
    This. I don't think that PVP players go into an ICC and be topping the meters, but I also don't feel like PVE players should get gear with resil before ever setting foot in an arena or a BG. I think the current system is fair. (For the most part, any way.)
    Partly Agreed. If you read original post you will see that Stamina to Damage ratios would remain the same. Meaning that PvP gear would be slightly better in PvP and vice versa for PVE, making both more accessible to everyone.

If Blizzard ninja patched this, saying only they had removed resil and balanced PvE and PvP gear everyone would probably applaud.
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-08-14 at 06:42 AM.

While there would be slight stat differences in PvP and PvE gear without resilience I doubt there would be enough of one to discourage people from using a bunch of PvE gear in PvP or vice versa. Remember that in BC PvP gear was used a lot in PvE because resilience didn't use enough of the budget for it to be significantly worse than non-set gear from the tier below.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    Partly Agreed. If you read original post you will see that Stamina to Damage ratios would remain the same. Meaning that PvP gear would be slightly better in PvP and vice versa for PVE, making both more accessible to everyone.
    I did read it, and while I think the idea does have some merit, it needs a lot of ironing out to ever be considered.. I don't know, I think it'd be difficult getting the PvP crowd to go along with it.

edit: I DO like that it has the potential to reduce all the end-game grinding, though. That's a definite plus. Still, I'm not completely sold on this system, since I feel the current one isn't necessarily bad..

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    Globaling, PvP gear optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarnor View Post
    While there would be slight stat differences in PvP and PvE gear without resilience I doubt there would be enough of one to discourage people from using a bunch of PvE gear in PvP or vice versa. Remember that in BC PvP gear was used a lot in PvE because resilience didn't use enough of the budget for it to be significantly worse than non-set gear from the tier below.
    Correct. The idea is not to discourage a person from doing one type of content just because they mainly focus on the other. While people looking to maximize their performance in one area would still prefer the gear awarded from that area.
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-08-14 at 06:56 AM.

I thought it over a little more, and I have to say the idea's growing on me. Would reduce grinding, and as you said would encourage pve players to learn to pvp, since they wouldn't get 2shot. However, I'm a little worried about what would happen towards the end of the season.. with gear bloat, I think it's plausible that PvE gear would eventually overcome PvP gear towards the end of the season/expansion. If Blizzard reduced the resil and tried to balance out the PvE gear towards the end it might work, but it would have to be done in a way that doesn't reduce the gear's PvE effectiveness, which could turn into a tangled, overcomplicated mess. If they could find a way to prevent it, I would definitely support this idea 100%.

Watch the video in my above post, PVE has already overcame PVP gear, for the most part at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Watch the video in my above post, PVE has already overcame PVP gear, for the most part at least.
    Which would be why they're increasing the stamina in comparison to WotLK by a hefty amount, and making it much harder to gain those levels of crit and haste. Arguing what's happening at end of the xpac in WotLK is a poor stance for basing what Cata will be like. At least give them the chance to fix things or screw them up.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

I honestly miss back in the day when you would see people pvping for fun and seeing say troll hunters running around in tier 2... A tauren hunter on my server used to run around in nothing but his lokh'delar (?) and a wedding dress just destroying people... It was hilarious, but the feel of seeing people in tier gear pvping just looks awesome.

I miss it =(.

Horrible idea, people don't take pvp gear for the extra bits of stamina but cause of the resi, allready people are trading pvp gear in for pve gear cause it increases their damage and they barely get punished. If you would put resi on pve gear no one will ever still wear pvp gear (besides maby healers?).

You wouldn't really gain anything from wearing pvp gear, while gaining alot by wearing the pve gear. Not to mention you would screw over everyone that doesn't have time to raid or doesn't want to raid, basicly locking them out of being able to participate competivly in the part of the game they like even more than now.

Put static amounts of resilience on each item level. Effecting both PvP and PvE items without being taken out of the gears max stats.

PvP gear would still have a higher stamina to power ratio and vice versa with PvE. This would still make them ideal for the area they were aquired with-in but not completly gimp someone due to using it in the other field.

(The people who argue with this probably also support a level 19 with 3000hp eating noobs.)
    PvE hero that wants to roflpwn PvPers with your awesome pve gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Horrible idea..
    You have some decent points. They could make them both even stat wise since HP is going to be seeing a large increase in most classes while damage will be less insane?

Also, I dont understand the screw over/lock out portion of your statement.

Quote Originally Posted by 5648945621 View Post
    PvE hero that wants to roflpwn PvPers with your awesome pve gear?
    Yes, that is clearly what ive been posting about for the last page. /facepalm

Put static amounts of resilience on each item level. Effecting both PvP and PvE items without being taken out of the gears max stats.

Your idea is bad and you should feel bad