Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    I just thought of a pretty simple way to nullify resilience.

Put static amounts of resilience on each item level. Effecting both PvP and PvE items without being taken out of the gears max stats.

PvP gear would still have a higher stamina to power ratio and vice versa with PvE. This would still make them ideal for the area they were aquired with-in but not completly gimp someone due to using it in the other field.

This would be a huge step to having a more balanced feel in PvP.
    (The people who argue with this probably also support a level 19 with 3000hp eating noobs.)
    Why would you ever want to do anything of the sorts? You want to pvp? Get pvp gear. You wanna raid? Get pve gear?

No other arguement makes any sense.

Classic argument points, but as always the strongest is
    "I want to be special!" lol

Sadly, for you, Blizzard seems to be moving away from that mindset more and more every patch.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    I just thought of a pretty simple way to nullify resilience.

Put static amounts of resilience on each item level. Effecting both PvP and PvE items without being taken out of the gears max stats.

PvP gear would still have a higher stamina to power ratio and vice versa with PvE. This would still make them ideal for the area they were aquired with-in but not completly gimp someone due to using it in the other field.

This would be a huge step to having a more balanced feel in PvP.
    (The people who argue with this probably also support a level 19 with 3000hp eating noobs.)
    Why don't we just go back to vanilla wow and let T3 warriors rip us in half with their epics.

10+ Year Old Account
    A sad tale of greed, power and corruption.

Once upon a time, PVP players could get end game gear from running a lot of battlegrounds. This made some PVE players MAD. Blizzard then turned PVP rewards into PVP gear that was not as good in PVE. Some PVE players mocked the players who wore PVP gear in dungeons, deeming them to be welfare epics. However, PVP players got better at PVP and this made some PVE players MAD. Blizzard then decided to create a PVE raid that was available after PVPing that dropped PVE and PVP gear. Unfortunately, this did not bring the two types of players together.

The end.

The moral of this story is that this issue will be around forever. It should be a non-issue, but here we are. There are many different play styles that have strengths and weaknesses and some people just want it all. I'm not accusing the OP of this, but when I read this it reminded me of a thread I read yesterday where the poster wanted every class to be able to tank, dps and heal.

The idea of having all gear be the same but having PVP gear have higher stamina and less power sounds OK at first, but I think it would really screw up dungeon design whenever a PVP gear wearing tank has 100k hp and a pve gear wearing tank has 75k. You could adjust the mitagation on the PVE gear, but then that might become OP in PVP.

Blizzard pays people to work out these balance issues and sometimes you just have to trust that they know what to do
    Last edited by grifty; 2010-08-16 at 02:07 AM. Reason: spacing

Quote Originally Posted by Guesswho69 View Post
    Why don't we just go back to vanilla wow and let T3 warriors rip us in half with their epics.
    Would that be an issue with the static resil on both pve and pvp items?
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resilience was the best thing to happen to PVP.
    BAck in vanilla if you were a high end raider you were a god of PVP since in Vanilla Gear was greater then skill.

Blizzard would never let tanks have better gear from pvp than pve...tank specs are for pve...i read it somewhere.a normalized resiliance on all gear would keep people interested in the game more...i only pvp with my pally my warrior dk and druid steer far away from pvp(they are all tanks)and on my pally (and yes i know he is cheap )i tank and pvp....working on 2 sets of gear takes a long time and if you work or go to school or have a family or all 3 you dont have time . so if it was normalized or simply a background stat that all gear had then someone would feel like they had to give up a part of their life to fill out 2 complete sets of gear (wait pally is working on 4 tank dps pve dps pvp healing pve)so we know they wont do it but it would be nice ;P

Why would you want resilience on a PVE item?

imo static amounts of resil would be best as healers end up far stronger the higher is goes.

Give me incentive to play rated BG's in your "vanilla" wannabe world...

Resilience is the best thing to happen to "instanced PvP".

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Watch the video in my above post, PVE has already overcame PVP gear, for the most part at least.
    Casters only kthx.

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker View Post
    Give me incentive to play rated BG's in your "vanilla" wannabe world...

Resilience is the best thing to happen to "instanced PvP".
    Because you enjoy PvP? Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Vydun View Post
    Blizzard would never let tanks have better gear from pvp than pve...tank specs are for pve...
    I don't think specific tank gear would be provided from PvP, at least not atm..
    If youre refering to the possiblity of PvP obtained gear having similar stamina youre also forgetting that PvP gear lacks important defensive stats/bonuses and resil will no longer effect NPCs in Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-08-16 at 05:35 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    As many people already said. You want to favor pve heros more in pvp? Why not give pvp players a poking stick saying "Donk" doing 5 damage and give pve players a machine gun.

Pve gear is already out of hand in pvp. There is a reason they implented pvp gear and pve gear.

Go figure it out.

When some 2.5k arena people want a similar change I might listen, but for now the 30+ posts about providing "easier access" to pvp stats/gear is always from raiders. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Laytnor View Post
    Oh look, another pve hero who doesnt want to be 3 shoted.

Go away, we dont pve in pvp gear, why should you pvp in pve gear?
    this. EXACTLY this. why do you think you're more deserving than us and should be allowed to play "our" aspect of the game geared for yours, when we can't do the same? stop being dumb.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't PvP, but I think this idea isn't that great.
    If I want to start serious PvE, I gear up my toon via all means necessary to become competitive in the latest tier. If I want to start serious PvP, I'd do the same thing.
    To allow PvE'ers such a shortcut to PvP would mean that PvP'ers should be allowed to do the same thing.
    And if I'm not wrong, we see more "Let PvE geared toons do competitive PvP in their gear" threads than the other way around.
    Bottom line is - if you want to do something, you do it right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Watch the video in my above post, PVE has already overcame PVP gear, for the most part at least.
    I would, but..

"This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment, Kontor New Media and Kontor Records, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

I've an idea that would homogenize gear EVEN MORE! Why don't we make every single item wearable by everyone, and give gear only one stat - the "Power" stat, which makes you better at everything you do? That way everyone can be good at everything, regardless of which items they choose to wear!

Quote Originally Posted by 5648945621 View Post
    PvE hero that wants to roflpwn PvPers with your awesome pve gear?
    Last i checked more than a few pieces of pve gear are BiS for pvp. My guild gets pvper's offering us 10k+ gold to get in for H Saurfang for the trinket, or for H BQL for the healing trinket just to call a few.

fizikz and Killaim
    I guess you missed the entire thread in which I suggested changes to both types of gear to make them functional in either field.

It seems it is too soon for the idea to be heard. But not because it's bad, if that were the case one of you would have made a decent debate.

In time this change will be implemented, or at least something very similar. Have a nice durr durr Day. Im out.