Duke Nukem Forever

No, this is not a necro thread from 13 years ago

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/duke-nukem-...1111669p1.html

I swear, if this turns out to be another brown FPS with 99% in common with Gears of War I'm going to rip someone's head off and bubblegum down their neck.
    Last edited by Pojodan; 2010-08-12 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Grammer, stupid k key

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Duke Nukem is the proverbial shit and needs to have another debut. As long as it is up to say Doom 3 quality, it'll be worth the wait.

And yeah, they need their own dark style without imitating GoW. Though their is an argument for saying that GoW is imitating Duke because well, Duke was the original, the bad ass, and he could take on any of these pansy FPS heroes nowadays.

Except maybe Kratos, that guy would do what Soviet Russia does constantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandush View Post
    head cut off? just a setback!

Deleted
    Seriously, it only takes a few seconds to proof-read your text before posting, especially the damn topic!

Quote Originally Posted by RouVix View Post
    Seriously, it only takes a few seconds to proof-read your text before posting, especially the damn topic!
    Helps if my k key isn't sticking x.x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pojodan View Post
    No, this is not a necro thread from 13 years ago

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/duke-nukem-...1111669p1.html

I swear, if this turns out to be another brown FPS with 99% in common with Gears of War I'm going to rip someone's head off and bubblegum down their neck.
    Gearbox didn't make Gears of War, which isn't and FPS to begin with, so yeah.

It'll be released in a combo pack with Starcraft: Ghost and Kingdom Hearts 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    Gearbox didn't make Gears of War, which isn't and FPS to begin with, so yeah.
    Look at every FPS and FPS-ish game since Gears of War, then look at Gears of War. Look similar? Note that Gearbox didn't make any of those either, just saying, GoW set a standard that everyone loves to copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    It'll be released in a combo pack with Starcraft: Ghost and Kingdom Hearts 3.
    And Mother, the good version of Ghostbusters 2, and a 1943 penny

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pojodan View Post
    Look at every FPS and FPS-ish game since Gears of War, then look at Gears of War. Look similar? Note that Gearbox didn't make any of those either, just saying, GoW set a standard that everyone loves to copy.
    Gears of War was made with action flicks in mind. In other words, it was made correctly.

Seriously, it's a shooter with a muscular protagonist with a chainsaw-gun ; it delivered what it promised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.