15+ Year Old Account

Will double dps teams work in cata?

it seems like they are making hp pools to big that there wont be much burst that can zerg a person from 100-0 hp in a couple second. (with CC of course)
    would a druid warrior beat a spriest rogue everytime in cata? they even said they wanted healers to do more damg thats why they gave them such spells as telluric currents for resto shamans (our attunement to natural energies causes your Lightning Bolt spell to restore mana equal to [20%/40%] of damage dealt.). does this mean that if a healer dps team faced a double dps team and the healer when pure heal mode, he would easily be able to keep up himself aswell as his partner?

10+ Year Old Account
    you forget that healing won´t be as strong as it is today as well.
    there is NO way to tell if double DPS will work in Cata until it ships.
    But my guess is, it will be possible with strong controller combinations or with good hybrids throwing in occasional heals.

Deleted
    How should we know? We can't go to the future. (Or can we?)

Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    you forget that healing won´t be as strong as it is today as well.
    there is NO way to tell if double DPS will work in Cata until it ships.
    But my guess is, it will be possible with strong controller combinations or with good hybrids throwing in occasional heals.
    what if they allow level capped premades with blue pvp gear like wolk beta, might give a little hint to what it will be like

Let me shake my magical 8 ball

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ssanty/cgi-bin/eightball.cgi

It said "My sources say no."

Sorry

Seeing how burst is completely retarded in the beta i'd say yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say yes, because of the huge HP pools and the strain (Lack of a better word) on Healer's mana in Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga
    Seeing how burst is completely retarded in the beta i'd say yes lol.
    You do know what a beta is right? They've said they haven't even begun to tune damage/healing numbers yet.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2010-08-21 at 12:05 PM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    i think it will yeah

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    How should we know? We can't go to the future. (Or can we?)
    Yes, we can go into the future. Travel backwards in time is the only thing not permitted. Traveling forward in time happens every day (by astronauts).

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    When you´re moving faster than everything else on the world you travel in the future, like Steven hawking said
    Einstein said you will go back in time, but since nothing can move faster then light it is not possible
    This concludes that it is impossible to know what will happen in the future, altough if you manage to get back in time you can wait a few months till cata is out, find a way to travel faster then the speed of light. And answer your own question. This however would make you rich beyond your imagine (finding a way to travel at a higher speed then the light's speed) That you can hire, even buy the blizz develop team and they will answer your questions + they will make a awsome free mount just for you.
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞