Poll: Favourite BG?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    AB and wsg, cause im actually useful in em! =D
    Tell my why i have to be a power slave!

15+ Year Old Account
    Wsg and ab,it is the simplest battlegrounds and the thing is you can not go wrong with it.They are classic bgs, over the ages blizzard has made more more changes to new battlegrounds and are not fun to play;the more and more they make the worse they get.Hence this is why they are making a new capture the flag map.I basically would love a king of the hill type but that is basically eots but a single place, I love the halo battlegrounds(or w/e you call them.)
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Strand is my personal favorite battleground, might be because I get it a lot so I have gotten better at it, but AB is always enjoyable to play for me.

1) Alterac Valley is my favourite - why? Easy, I've played it since they released it. Oh the memories I have with that Battleground, Lokholar, Ivus and Korrak - It's a shame that it's become what it is - pure rush & zerg. I rather liked those massive battles. The tactics we had to use > Gather near Stonehearth Graveyard, when we're enough we rush to conquer Iceblood Graveyard - leave Snowfall to the Horde so they don't spawn at Frostwolf Graveyard, we could spend a large amount of time just pushing for Frostwolf Graveyard, we'd send stealthers to cap Relief Hut and attack the towers to remove archers. I also remember that your title / rank was shown in the chat once you used the general chat, back then we had to manually put together raids and teams.

2) Warsong Gulch - Could you get an easier battleground? Capture the enemy flag, defend your flag carrier and drop it on your own flag. Of course, we'll always have people roaming the middle for the great quest to obtain most HK's but still - the BG style is simple and genious.

3) Arathi Basin - Attack and Defend bases, also a simple battleground wich most people enjoy, as with Warsong, we have those who just mindlessly roams the battleground to aquire HK's, but you never know, they might be frapsing and would like a challange.

4) Eye of the Storm - Pretty much like Arathi Basin, but the whole Capture the Flag idea really makes things difficult, people tend to do stupid things once there's several objectives on the battleground.

5) Isle of Conquest - Not really a battleground I've devoted my life to, and I don't really know much of it, I just follow the flow, but it's quite similar to AB / EotS and AV, but as said it's not really a battleground I regulary do.

6) Strand of the Ancient - Now there's a messed up battleground, simply put - I don't like it.
    Last edited by Solstark; 2010-08-19 at 12:45 AM.

Definetly Arathi Basin. Even if I lose, I feel like I had a good time during the bg. That can not really be said about the other ones...

10+ Year Old Account
    I love WSG, EoTS and AV. I like WSG because it's a bigger chance for a 1vs1 battle, i like Eots because it's a mix from AB and WSG, and i like AV when there is no zerg and is just a big battle field, sadly that rarely happens.

ab>wsg>>eots>>>>AV>>>>>>>IoC>>>>SotA

To put it simply I like BG's where I feel like I can make a difference, and I like the node mechanic of ab and eots. As for wsg it feels like a big arena which is kind of cool, and on my healer I can make or break a game, and on my dps toons I have a blast controlling mid.

The new BGs sucks so hard its scary. It's just siege vs wall crap and IoC is just too big (same with AV), you rarely get to fight anyone. sure, its 40 vs 40, but everyone is standing at the same place so if you actually try to do some objectives you never get to do any PvP. AV could have been ok if it didnt end after 5-10 min. i never get a chance to do anything. And ally always wins because AV heavily favors ally.

I like Arathi Basin mosts, cause its big, good looking, fun to play and requires brain to play, zerging= game takes forever

2nd, it gotta be AV. Even if the bosses are so underpowered with towers up i like it. Its big and most of the fights are private.

3nd is EOTS. Even if i dont like the lookings or knockbacks its a fun BG to play in. Dont know why people hate it

4nd is WSG. Its a good BG yes but its unbalanced. The team with the best gear/most healers will most likely be the winners. Sucks.

5nd is SOTA. The vehicles are shit but the fights are fun.

6nd is Isle. God its so shit it can be. Massive lag due to 40 v 40, vehicles, to big BG, the lookins are epic fails, looks to dark, could have instead put on a shiny good strand with blue water and palms and exploding coconuts-_-'
    Nani? *Shocked* Hohhe?

Deleted
    AB is always most fun if you get a semi-decent group.