Thread: Elemental help

Deleted

Elemental help

Hey,

I've rolled to elemental for my guild due to us having to many enhancement shamans and the additional elemental buff we get can be useful. But in my current gear im finding it difficult to break 5k dps on single target fights. I'm hit capped, my spec seems to be faultless, and i do my rotation perfectly.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ggan&cn=Vertis

I am changing the meta and the sp haste/ sp resi gems.

any help or ideas would be welcome.

well man you will need to replace your pvp gear for pve. You can also replace your glyph of flame shock with glyph of totem of wrath for more spell power. Getting the 264 relic that makes flame shock give you 5 stack haste might also improve your DPS.I also think you have WAY too much hit rating honestly you only should be at 14% while your raid members (boomkins and spriests) give the other 3% for a total of 17%.

Ok, there are lots of upgrades you can get outside of ICC/ToC/ToGC that would increase your DPS.

Firstly, crafted Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers, Earthsoul Boots, the badge belt Waistband of Despair, and the Totem Bizuri's Totem of Shattered Ice.

A few other upgrades i would recommend, would be to drop that hit trinket, pick up the trinket off either Anub, Heroic preferably, Heroic Reign of the Dead, but if they aren't available, go for Embrace of the Spider from Maxxaena, Embrace of the Spider, trinket from Razorscale in Ulduar, Eye of the Broodmother. Everything else better drops in ICC, like Muradin's Spyglassfrom ICC10 Gunship(SUPER easy to get). I did forget one trinket, from ToC5, Abyssal Rune, dont put this trinket down, its bad ass. I actually use it still, since I have shitty lucky getting Reign or DFO, going between Embrace of the Spider and Abyssal Rune.

As for the weapon, you can get way better from Marrowgar on norm 25 man. Easy boss, so the only thing you would be hoping for is for it to drop and you get it. The only other weapons are drops from Heroic FC and Reg/Heroic Anub in ToC/ToGC. I would also start dropping thralls for 251 Frostwitch ASAP, because since u dont have the 4 piece, the 2 piece of T10 would be better for you since Flameshock DPS is VERY minimal compared to LB and LvB. I would switch out the neck with the one from ToC25 Twins.
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

Quote Originally Posted by Shamzeus View Post
    .I also think you have WAY too much hit rating honestly you only should be at 14% while your raid members (boomkins and spriests) give the other 3% for a total of 17%.
    he should be at 11% with a boomkin or spriest, +3% from the hit buff, +3% from talents

It's just a matter of getting gear that's tailored to elemental. (That's not very easy in Wrath, believe me) Anything with resilience, MP5, or no haste is hurting your DPS. Pug ICC10 and get what you can there, and get Frost Badges as quickly as possible. All the items that Lohmar posted above me here are good ones, especially the bracers, boots, and belt.
    When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest castle in all of England.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, movement. That can be a make or break factor in your dps.

Ok, so I haven't been playing my shammy all that much lately. Just picked it back up. Last time I was really into him was Feb '10, so my gear is a lil outdated. My one main question is which totem to get with my embs? Shattered Ice or Electrified Wind? Now this is considering my gear, embs, and my time available to gather more embs. I know right now i have 51frost/28triumph.

Armory- Comp - Maelstrom (cant link yet)
    I dont prefer a flame-fest, and yes i know i dont have amazing gems. Im not a min/maxer. Just want some helpful advice. If you must flame, make it worthwhile at least ^.^ And ty in advance to any responses.

Deleted
    hi inversecomp,

i would suggest going for the triumph totem imo due to the fact that the frost badges can be used to greatly improve your gear else where. and i cant belive im going to say this but the totem wont up your gear score that much either.

going to go hit myself over the head now i've just mentioned gear score in a thread i made.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharin View Post
    hi inversecomp,

i would suggest going for the triumph totem imo due to the fact that the frost badges can be used to greatly improve your gear else where. and i cant belive im going to say this but the totem wont up your gear score that much either.

going to go hit myself over the head now i've just mentioned gear score in a thread i made.
    haha, ty for the input. i was leaning towards Electrified Wind, since its said to be almost a 100%uptime, and i agree on using frost for better upgrades. Ty for the extra push.