Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Priest: Off-Hand Shield

I think priests should be able to equip shields. It's not that crazy I dont think. Imo we need more armor and better off hand stats and i think it would be pretty badass if we could use shields! Why the hell not?! Other healing classes can use them and they wear plate and mail! Wtf give us a shield!

should make buckles, or mini shields that would be bad ass.

Deleted
    its not bad idea, it makes sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Priest + Shield = a Paladin... Yeah you wear cloth but orginally, you werent too different - You stuck to healing and paladins went on crusades.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

They already having something like this. It's called a Paladin.

I dont think it dumb at all.
    A.)Im not trying to be a paladin nor would i ever want to be one.
    B.)Just because i equip a shield doesnt mean = paladin. So what i wear cloth. big whoop wanna fight about it? Paladins wear skirts and wear shields ya thats visually appealing to you? You can put on cloth and wear a shield i think it be badass to see a priest with a shield.
    C.)There are other MMOs out there where priest like classes wear shields (no, to the person thats going to say "go play that game then") Im just saying it does make sense
    D.) The shield usage for a priest wouldnt be like a tank. You dont have holy paladins tanking do you? Or resto shamans? The shield would be use the same for them as it would us! Better stats and armor is what im saying. And it would look sweet. I dont think its dumb but you are entitled to your opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    priest + shield = cleric. and resto shamans and holy paladins use shields while healer priests and resto druids use off-hands...its balanced if you ask me.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

Deleted
    The day Priests equipe shields is the day Paladins equipe daggers. Be afraid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Copasetik318 View Post
    C.)There are other MMOs out there where priest like classes wear shields (no, to the person thats going to say "go play that game then") Im just saying it does make sense
    I'd like to point out that in all those other games, priests aren't a cloth-wearing class. That's why they use shields.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

give paladins daggers lol, if i get my shield.. fine with me. Im not trying to argue it would just be cool. You are right it is just balance and i agree.
    Last edited by Copasetik318; 2010-08-19 at 09:47 PM.

I think priests should be able to equip shields. It's not that crazy I dont think. Imo we need more armor and better off hand stats and i think it would be pretty badass if we could use shields! Why the hell not?! Other healing classes can use them and they wear plate and mail! Wtf give us a shield!
    I like this idea.

Look that other class can use something i want and i feel less adaquate....and that one...oh and that one also

answer..

Lets make all classes the exactly the same then theres no argument!

And lets get sarcastic now..priests allready have shields
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Id rather they gave priests wings over shields (Like proper wings, priest flying mount!)

[QUOTE=Hethalion;8635628]
    The day Priests equipe shields is the day rogues equip 2hnd weapons. Be afraid.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are soooooooooo cute.
    "The truth, my goal."

in wow beta there were things called Bucklers that hunters, rogues and priests could equip. They were small shields
    Thats why some shields early on are called bucklers. But Blizz decided to just make them offhands and shields

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

I cant wait for the Blue post that says
    Priests can now equip shields
    Rogues are now able to use 2 Handers
    Paladings can now use daggers

Hey now we are all happy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Priests in other games/systems that use shield's also use better armor (leather/mail) and are more reliant on that. Wow priests don't rely on armour and so it makes little sense as to why they would carry about a cumbersome shield when they have other options.

---------- Post added 2010-08-19 at 11:44 PM ----------

I cant wait for the Blue post that says
    Priests can now equip shields
    Rogues are now able to use 2 Handers
    Paladings can now use daggers

Hey now we are all happy!

Also Shaman can now use swords!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a bad idea, and would look badass, but it's not necessary. Right now it would be cool because it's hard to find a decent off-hand if you only run 10-man so it would be nice to have more options. But in cataclysm the same gear drops in every raid size it's not really a problem.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Wearing a shield while in cloth armor throws you extremely off-balance. The idea that shaman can do it in leather at early levels is even a bit of a stretch. Besides this, when have priests EVER used shields in any bit of history, myth, or lore before?