Thread: solo HMgT?

solo HMgT?

Just wondering if I can solo HMgT. Just got attuned on this char today, an ICC10/25 geared prot paladin, and a ToC25 geared ret spec.

1) Completely doable with my gear? Armory is shown in the siggy

2) Should I go prot, or ret?
    I want this to be a quick run, but I dont want to have any deaths because of survivability.
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Go prot it's alot easier but will take a little longer

Hmgt is extremely easy to solo honestly ret or prot should be able to do it without much problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I play horde.

I smash my keyboard repetitively while yelling "MAKIN SHIT HAPPEN" over and over at the top of my lungs.

Quote Originally Posted by epard View Post
    Hmgt is extremely easy to solo honestly ret or prot should be able to do it without much problem
    QFT.
    I soloed this place ret back in 3.2. Just be smart with your heals / DS cooldowns and you should be fine as Ret. Bring your prot set as well just in case you can't handle it, but that's slight overkill. (ToC 10 geared tank can solo a good chunk of Kara)

You should be able to solo as ret just fine. GL mount farming!

Quote Originally Posted by Larancy View Post
    You should be able to solo as ret just fine. GL mount farming!
    Thats what I wanted. The mount seemed so lovely. Kinda tired of looking at my little armored holy mount >.<

I soloed it with 3 80s, probably overkill as well. Half the time I went prot and the other, ret. Ret downed stuff quickly with SoC, but I put up SoL for a bit. ehhh. Do you actually go out of your way to throw out a few holy lights? Or should I use my AoW procs for FoL..just thought of that.

Maybe even have prot gear on in ret spec?
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Easy, How ever if you see KT cast a pyroblast interrupt it it still its as a truck

You should be able to hit trough it with ret spec easily. maybe the 3rd boss might hit harder but even that is easily doable. just zerg them and heal when you see your health drops 2 low. other then that it shoudnt be a problem at all, not for a paladin with your gear at least.

Go ret, if you don't suck it should be np. The second boss is propably the hardest thing in the instance. You wanna pull him with that 25% dps buff from the trash mobs in front of him up. I usually kill just two of the energy sphere things he spawns, then pop shield wall and go all out on the boss and he will drop very fast.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Way I've done it is prot for everything except for Kael, then go ret just to kill him faster.

I do it as pret (Prot spec, Ret PVP gear and mix of pvp/pve off pieces). Only boss that could be a problem is second and that's only if you don't kill the energy orbs, you might be able to kill him before you take too much damage and just ignore the orbs. You should be able to take a pyroblast from Kael'thas and live if you're like me and like to forget HoJ is an interrupt in PVE. Should be no problem doing this as ret, probably even faster.

I was never close to dying and never had to heal myself. Trash is no problem, takes me about 15 mins to clear the whole place - avoid trash you can walk by of course.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's painfully slower as prot, ret is fine. Only difficult part is the arena fight if the warrior is there, just repent him and zerg the priest down before you have to bubble. But it should be cakewalk with icc gear.

Second boss is also a lot easier with seal of command since it breaks the orbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Takes about 15 minutes for me in full prot gear (4.3k gs), however I am specced into SoComm which helps alot on the second boss. The only things that takes sometime is Kael, but atleast I do not have to interrupt the pyroblast due to Ardent Defender (as well as my MS is Holy) and after that he goes air phase. It's really easy to do and I do not have to heal up at all (only second boss since it useally leaves me with 6/9k health).

I soloed it often as bear, you shouldn't have a problem.

lols, soloed it as prot/arms warrior depending on gear and boss changed spec, on pala as prot and same here last boss as ret, dk bloodtank, and oddly easiest of them all to solo it as, enh shammy, u heard me, no dif spec or gear just my plain old enh spec and its gear, easiest so far xD

ToC 25 gear for ret is overkill and them some for soloing H MGT. But what you really should do is bribe or blackmail a druid into unlocking anzu for you every day until you get a birdie =D

Oh and what you want to do as ret is basically judge light, keep 100% uptime on sacred shield, and use AoW procs for insta FoL's as needed. If shit hits the fan bubble and holy light to full.
    Last edited by Lucifersam; 2010-08-22 at 11:36 AM.