View Poll Results: As a Death Knight, What Undead Would You Tame?

Voters
211. This poll is closed
  • Abomination

45 21.33%
  • Banshee

13 6.16%
  • (Lesser?) Lich

12 5.69%
  • Valkyr

68 32.23%
  • Plain Skeleton (Includes Armor)

19 9.00%
  • Gargoyle

4 1.90%
  • Spider Peoplez

17 8.06%
  • Precious style Undead Hound

12 5.69%
  • Ghoul

5 2.37%
  • Rattlegore

16 7.58%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    Death Knights are the least represented arena class

That's because there are so few good dk's

Deleted
    This'd imply that every DK is powerful enough to break the Lich King's grasp over a mind other than their own. If that sort of thing were easy, the Scourge wouldn't even exist. Maybe they should be able to summon different sorts of undead like a warlock with his different demons, yeah, for funzies. but not convert enemy scourge units.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rebuke Pummel Shield Bash Mind Freeze Wind Shear Kick Skull Bash
    What's the point of this list?

Death Knights have enough lore behind them to allow them to gain pets like hunters. I mean, how do you think the Lich King raised so many types of undead?
    Uber necromantic skills?

No thats what hunters do re roll. Enslave undead maaaybe tame no...
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

I was talking to friend about something similar, not exactly this BM rip off though. However we agreed that it would be great if you had a choice of minion as unholy or at least a selection of cosmetic minor glyphs,. I mean whilst ghouls are ok, geists are far more scary and personally I'd like an armoured Skeleton. Maybe something a little more Warlock-esque would be appropriate. Here's an idea :-

Ghoul = starter minion basic melee abilities.
    Geist = Succubus/rogue minion.
    Armoured Skeleton = Tanking minion.
    Banshee = Caster with silence ability or what not.

I think something like that might be more fitting rather than "taming" undead. Although I'd still be happy to see a wider selection of cosmetic glyphs for all classes.

Tbh, only the Lich King has the power to control UD's, Dk's haven't got that power.

Dks were never intended to be a normal pet class, the ghoul is just flavour to keep things interesting.

So because a majority of melee have an interrupt to balance themselves in pvp, DKs should be able to 'tame scourge'...

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    What's the point of this list?

Uber necromantic skills?
    The list of interrupts is showing how blizz is homogenizing classes, not "keeping them unique".

Unholy Death Knight's Ghouls are technically considered pets. The other 2 pet classes get multiple choices, except for death knight.

Let ghouls be permanent for all DKs, but make them 70% of their current Unholy effectiveness. Then make Exotic undead around 120% better than current ghoul but with more utility. If the pets are decent, than blizz will have to nerf their master

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it'd be better to have it as an unholy only ability you get with perma-ghoul.
    Think like enslave demon for warlocks. The enslaved scourge won't be as good as your summoned ghoul, but it's an extra little fun ability that may be useful in a situation or two.
    I doubt they'd add it, but it would be nice to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarella View Post
    My my, you really are caught between a roc and a hard plaice.
    Salm one may try to take advantage of your fishy tale and carp on needlessly, but dont let them lead you to a red herring!

Basst to simply ask the top rogues on your server, or look up their specs.

Good luck!
    From the thread 'Poisson question'

Quote Originally Posted by Zaldin View Post
    Tbh, only the Lich King has the power to control UD's, Dk's haven't got that power.
    So the ghoul and army of the dead are hallucinations? Ok basically death knights have enough necromantic power to raise a basic mostly unthinking undead slave ie the ghoul and for a short time to maintain several of these ie. army. Ones specialized in necromantic energies (unholy) can also call a gargoyle. The difference between this and the lich king should be obvious but essentially its both the order of magnitude (controlling thousands if not millions of undead at once) and the quality, for example raising raid boss quality, intelligent undead like marrowgar and the death-knights themselves.

@hisholyness: You're seriously pointing to spreading interrupts as homogenization of the classes, One of the few spells in the game that by necessity basically should be homogenized? Not the buffs being merged or some other stupid sky is falling analogy? But seriously the thing differentiating dks from warlocks and hunters is that dks are not a pet CLASS, they are a pet SPEC. So there is no necessity to make the pets versatile since just having the perma pet keeps that spec different from the others. Lock and hunter on the other hand have pets in all specs something else has to stand out.
    Last edited by Mixelphlick; 2010-08-22 at 03:19 PM.
    Mixelphlick 80 Gnome mage
    Beetstick 80 Gnome deathknight

Yeah, getting an interrupt so that you have a basic tool isn't actually the same as being able to tame a bunch of different pets. Which of your talent trees will you be deleting and replacing with a pet talent tree, by the way?

The list of interrupts is showing how blizz is homogenizing classes, not "keeping them unique".

Unholy Death Knight's Ghouls are technically considered pets. The other 2 pet classes get multiple choices, except for death knight.

Let ghouls be permanent for all DKs, but make them 70% of their current Unholy effectiveness. Then make Exotic undead around 120% better than current ghoul but with more utility. If the pets are decent, than blizz will have to nerf their master
    Is showing how blizzard IS homogenizing classes when the majority of those interrupts have already been in game?

As has been said, having a permanent pet is a class defining ability and limited to two classes. If you want a permanent pet roll one of those classes. And no, a warlock doesn't get any choices with their pet really. Just because they have the option of multiple pets doesn't mean they have a choice in which one to use.

Deleted
    Let hunters tame druids first and then we talk about the death knights.

Mages should be able to tame any elemental all of which do different things because they can get Water Elemental, according to this logic.

Maybe an ability like Command Undead:
    Commands target undead to aid you for X seconds/minutes

Lore reasons, you can't break the Lich King's control over their mind. Gameplay reasons, taming is for Hunters.

But before they give you that, they should make Enslave Demon better. Right now it's just another one of those really cool warlock spells that well, aren't that good.

I voted Valkyr, I'm a fan.
    Last edited by MrMarique; 2010-08-22 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Yeah, getting an interrupt so that you have a basic tool isn't actually the same as being able to tame a bunch of different pets. Which of your talent trees will you be deleting and replacing with a pet talent tree, by the way?
    It IS the unholy tree. Just make intergral pet buffs in the talents.

It IS the unholy tree. Just make intergral pet buffs in the talents.
    Blizzard should do this and change the game for how one person wants to play it and ignore everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Mages should be able to tame any elemental all of which do different things because they can get Water Elemental, according to this logic.
    Whats stopping that?

Bloodsail Admiral Overmind the 3rd's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think this would be a terrible idea.

But a pet gargoyle to fly me around would be cool.
    Serve the hive
    Feel the groove
    I control
    The way you move