What is your favorite Warcraft character?

What is your favorite Warcraft character?

The World of Warcraft really seems like a whole independent world sometimes. There is so much lore that it seems everyday of playing you learn something new about the game world. With such a vast game world there is an abundance of races and characters as well. From the venerable draenai to the wretched scourge. Through years of playing we become familiar with these game world characters and start harboring feelings toward them. Some characters tend to bring feelings to the mind just at the mention of the name. For example a mention of Arthas brings to mind a cruel fate and a wicked evil. Possibly even sadness in seeing a great man turned evil.

The choice seems a hard one to make with so many characters to choose from but try to make the best one for you. If possible give a little reason why and maybe an explanation of the emotions that the character evokes from you. Thinking about the characters in this way can be fun and really add emotion to the game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Illidain Stormrage

My choice is Illidan Stormrage. He is absolutely my favorite character. From the get-go he was destined for greatness and in a way that is what he obtained. At some-times he was misunderstood by those around him but I believe thats because he didn't understand himself. He was naturally gifted in the arts of magic and was one of the greatest threats to the burning legion to have ever existed. He wasn't some amazing titan or even dragon, he was just a mere mortal. A mortal night elf with amber eyes, a night elf that was born with a harsh destiny.

I always feel respectful of Illidan Stormrage because every decision he ever made was because he thought he was doing best for those around him.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas will probably win this, with 19,281 votes. Me'dan will be dead last with negative 62.

My vote goes to Sylvanas.

Tyrande pre-Cata

Tyrande and Broxigar for me, their relationship in War of the Ancients, was amazing and thats the book that made me fall in love with WoW lore, The fact Tyrande who is part of a people (night elves) that are known for their rather one sided view to other races, showed such compassion towards Broxigar when he was captured, and let herself see him as someone worthy of respect and care rather than go the route of judging a book by its cover. I also loved her courage and compassion through the whole story, the trust she placed in those (Highborne) that had basically destroyed her world, Then Brox and his strength and honor and courage to work alongside a bunch of races, being that he was only a single Orc, The courage to sacrifice himself to save everyone.

Malfurion and Illidan though are a close second for me, the 4 of them are great characters imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to be original and say... Master Apothecary Faranell.
    He's one of the leaders of the royal apothecary society, head of research and development. He always gave me these cool plague related quests, has he's own fancy laboratory and comes forth as a gentleman all while doing horrific experiments in the name of Sylvanas.

Arthas, just because he is the classic hero turned bad.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Illidain forsure

Arthas Menethil.

Hands down the most memorable character for me in the Warcraft universe. IMHO i think he is the most glorious character i ever read about. I always had a strong like for evil/conflicted characters. But his decent into madness is just spine chilling. Everytime i read/rewatch epic scenes like from that first few moments when Uther and him where having a little chuckle like good friends in the start of the human campaign. The end cinematic, the Wotlk intro cinematic, the culling of stratholm, "Watch your tone with me boy!", it's very deep and i really actually get chills down my spine everytime, honestly.

In-game... he's not so awesome. But as far as lore goes, Rhonin was my favorite, with Krasus being very similar. Their loss (or Krasus's assumed loss, anyway) sucks!
    I'm not always right, you're just usually wrong.

Deleted
    As of late Vol'jin, I always noticed him in classic and the expansions. He really got some more screen time in MoP which I like very much