Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Beasts' DK simulator demo vids now up : )

Hey guys,

My name is Beasts and I play an 80 druid on Stormreaver-US. I've spent the better part of 2 years and around 3,500 hours working on a powerful Death Knight simulator. Finally I have videos up on youtube demostrating the PvE aspects of the simulator. Here is the first video:

youtube.com/watch?v=suNHYkcb3Pw
    Here is the second video:

youtube.com/watch?v=XyKFepdrr3g
    If you haven't already seen my PvP demo vids you can look them up on youtube by searching for "roons death knight" there are 12 vids in total.

Here are 2 PvP sections that aren't shown in the above 2 vids (note they are 4 months old now and have been improved):
    note: most of the sections in the above vids are slightly different for the PvP aspects of the program.

youtube.com/watch?v=QwuDgeahi74 (PvP environment)
    youtube.com/watch?v=nX1AAGL1wq8 (PvP Opponent section)

Note: The vids can be viewed in HD (720p)

My DK Simulator is now available for download, here is the link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8X5NNVY9

please let me know if that works for you.

<3 Beasts
    Last edited by beastsdruid; 2010-09-08 at 04:47 PM.

Your soooo right. I'll move it after : )

You can't post links because of your junior member status, so I've turned them into links for you.
    PvE
    youtube.com/watch?v=suNHYkcb3Pw
    youtube.com/watch?v=XyKFepdrr3g

PvP
    youtube.com/watch?v=QwuDgeahi74 (PvP environment)
    youtube.com/watch?v=nX1AAGL1wq8 (PvP Opponent section)

Hope this helped future viewers of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The day I play anything entitled 'Boi' is the day I relinquish my sanity.
    I'm Dyslexic, so deal with it.

Incredible work my friend, if only more people had the dedication to create such impressive sims like yours-if there was one for every class no one would have an excuse to not know how to gear

1st class stuff, good job

Deleted
    Wow, good job.
    Now make one for 'Hance
    *thumb up*

I don't get it... what is it O.o

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post
    I don't get it... what is it O.o
    This.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's an awesome simulator but unfortunately 90% of the DK population will continue to pick gear according to which has the highest gearscore.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Well its an item optimizer, simulator and reference tool all built in 1. It does PvP and PvE. It has stats for every class with every spec at any arena rating built in. It has stats on dmg types of all ICC bosses (RS coming very soon) for all difficulty levels and raid size also according to your role (Tank or DPS). The program also knows approxmately how many times you can expect to be hit by spells and melee according to your raid role. That way it can simulate items such as "procs when hit" or "procs when hit by spells". It optmizes all your upgrades with 1 click. No filters to enable as its DK-only. I have all 70+ epics built in, all 71+ blues, 80 greens and all 80 epic leather, mail dps items as well. I will have 58-70 blues added later. The program can simulate and optimize for combat in any situation you may encounter in the game. Currently designed for levels 70'ish to 80. All aspects of the program are linked. For instance if you equip and item that gives haste % / rating then if you had another item that for ex. proc'd str on weapon hits the simulated str stat would go up. Items affect the stats of all other items with dynamic formulae (90% are probably trinkets and set bonuses). Almost every trinket has its own complex formula to it can simulate it. Full reference section which morphs to what you want to see and not what you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    nice job
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Hello fellow Stormreaverian.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    Hello fellow Stormreaverian.
    Woot! Hey brother <3 Send me an email in game if you want. It makes me proud knowing a SR'ian is a moderator here

Edit: well Senior Member is still good lol ;P
    Last edited by beastsdruid; 2010-08-23 at 05:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beastsdruid View Post
    Woot! Hey brother <3 Send me an email in game if you want. It makes me proud knowing a SR'ian is a moderator here

Edit: well Senior Member is still good lol ;P
    Same here :P
    My DK is Rashbringer on that server but I haven't played in awhile and probly won't until cataclysm.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    That's an awesome simulator but unfortunately 90% of the DK population will continue to pick gear according to which has the highest gearscore.
    LOL - /sigh well at least I have GS built in as well

Edit: but you'll notice that my program doesn't SORT by GS rofl. No knock at all to the GS creator (great addon) but I didn't want people doing that very thing lol.
    Last edited by beastsdruid; 2010-08-23 at 06:29 PM.

My DK Simulator is now available for download, here is the link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8X5NNVY9

please let me know if that works for you.

<3 Beasts

Thanks Beasts! Can't wait to use it

Impressive stuff!

This evening I will pay to have unlimited simultaneous downloads Then it will be a lot easier for people to get it.

Program Update (Cata)

BIG PROGRAM UPDATE :

Thanks to all that tried out my WotLK beta version of Beasts-DK. To get Beasts-DK to what I would call ver. 1.0 would probably take me about a month. Because of the timing with Cata coming out very soon it is not worth the time fixing / updating the WotLK version. Those that tried it have a pretty good taste of the potential of the sim. I am instead going to focus my time on working on the Cataclysm version This way I can replace the sections I wasn't happy with (Talents - too slow, Playstyle - fugly, Buffs - too spread out and overdone). I've already started working on it Thankyou everyone for your support and I look forward to giving you updates on the Cata version. <3

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    not to be mean but it seems like a huge waste of time.