Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So whats up with the alliance?

First thing ill say is, this is a QQ thread, dont like it? leave

So guys, whats up with the alliance? from my experiences in PVP ive realise the alliance have absolutely no idea how to do it tactically or anything
    i only started to realise in AB and ive looked ever since then, ill take the last BG i was in

i say the tactics people might want to follow at the beginning

we take the stables, mine and LM and then we cut off the horde by taking the farm instantly, but as soon as the alliance have 3 bases it falls apart, i was the only one defending the lumber mill there and i was calling incs to the bases, noone was defending the mine or the stables, even if i call an inc on the bases they just get left and capped then the alliance QQ about people defending, we always end up losing because the general alliance who pvp just dont use tactics and i get abuse hurled at me because im telling them INCS and stuff

its a recurring theme in all battlegrounds aswell, the alliance cap a tower in AV then rush south, the alliance cap a base in eots and go flag whoreing, the alliance cap a base in IOCQ then rush off somewhere

im honestly considering going horde, the experiences ive had seem to be a lot better than alliances

does anyone else agree, id like to hear your stories aswell ( even if your horde)

I never touch AB these days because I invariably end up being the one guy that's bothering to try to defend anything while everyone else runs off to get farmed.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    I never touch AB these days because I invariably end up being the one guy that's bothering to try to defend anything while everyone else runs off to get farmed.
    Same as me, i try to defend and stuff and because of lack of team work and defense, we seem to lose all the time

Deleted
    If you play Horde, you think the same. Trust me. You remember your mistakes more than you remember your good parts. It's biological imperitave. Like;

I wonder how fire feels. Oww. Thats Hot. That Hurt. I shouldnt do that again.

You'd remember that. However;

I wonder how fire feels. But Ima just leave it and eat this egg. This Egg is good.

You probably wouldnt remember eating that egg even though it rocked. Cos it happens all the time.

TL: DR; So basically, you remember the bad shit you do, but not the good shit :P
    Last edited by mmoc3572bbcdc6; 2010-08-22 at 10:44 PM. Reason: TLSMILEYR

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    ... of lack of team work and defense, we seem to lose all the time
    yup, I feel your pain ... we get pwned by horde over and over again ... there I see teamwork and coordination, most of the time, I wonder why alliance has so many problems with playing together ... because, after all, you know, it's *mmo*

but sometimes I see this cooperation in my team, *jolly good times*, but, sadly, this is very rare

but I am afraid that when I change faction I end up in the bad teams the hored has to offer

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, occasionally i get a team that rocks, but for most of the time its just a farmfest

Kinda bad to label it as just alliance... maybe it's just alliance on your battlegroup, which is like 1 out of 20. I recently saw a shift in power on my battlegroup. We used to win about 80% of bgs... then I notice a lot more spam in trade, and I could tell a lot more kids were suddenly playing my faction on my server. Que times for bg's and random HC's almost double. Now I win around 20% battlegrounds. Pugs fail and fall apart etc. And I'm horde. If I didn't have 8 80's on that server I would have server changed a long time ago... but I don't have the money to xfer 8 toons, and I'm used to having every profession and multiple tanks,healers, and dps that I can hop over too if I need something...

10+ Year Old Account
    the horde experiences were the same battlegroup just on the other side, and yeah i agree, all the servers in my battlegroup favor the alliance pretty badly, 22k ally on my server alone, 90% are gearscore users

enter the bg with 4 others..at least give yourself a better chance of winning..its the same on the horde side as well..why can't we ever win and so on..bg's are fun even when you lose , as long as its close...but yea the more people you can party up with before entering the better..pugs will always suc..especially pvp pugs

Deleted
    the horde experiences were the same battlegroup just on the other side, and yeah i agree, all the servers in my battlegroup favor the alliance pretty badly, 22k ally on my server alone, 90% are gearscore users
    There's nothing wrong with using Gearscore. It can be very helpful if used well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    There's nothing wrong with using Gearscore. It can be very helpful if used well.
    heh, not to derail the thread, but 5.5k gs for 4 bosses in ICC is a joke, i use it to scroll over and check what there's is, like if you see a 3k gs rogue wanting voa 25, ill look at his gear and achis then decide, but i never judge just on it

Deleted
    heh, not to derail the thread, but 5.5k gs for 4 bosses in ICC is a joke, i use it to scroll over and check what there's is, like if you see a 3k gs rogue wanting voa 25, ill look at his gear and achis then decide, but i never judge just on it
    TBH, I would much rather my pugs have a high gs and good achievements. Not just achievements. Remember, you can be boosted through achievements. Just as you can have good gear and have no clue. A mix of both seems to reduce the chance you get a 'RAMPANT' fail.

GS is complete CRAP! I wish I could link meters from my raid last night. I was on my 5100 gs hunter and there was 1 other hunter in the group who had a 5800 gs. His spec was crap, his enchants were crap, his dps was crap (not to mention he had over 600 hit rating [hunter cap is never more than 263]). At the end I had 7.8k dps and he had 5k. He accused me of using volley on the whelps so I linked my hostile attacks in raid to show I never used it. I shot every shot (explosive,auto,steady,multi) more than him, my serpent sting had more ticks, and all of these abilities hit harder (avg) than his did, by at least 200 (except for sting which ticked an avg of 13 less). I clearly just straight up out dps'd him... yet all he has to say is "5800gs survival hunter" and he gets into the icc pug that's attempting to go 12/12... but if I pst "5100gs survival hunter" I would get laughed at!

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    you are almost onto it Martyn! you're just not reading between the lines is all...

Horde PvP works like this: 15 angry spazzes sitting there scratching themselves and not doing anything until one of them finally wakes up starts telling the other 14 what to do.. which appears as "horde starts off slow but then organizes and runs over everyone" this is not the case.. it's just follow the leader

Alliance PvP: 15 more angry spazzes but right off the bat 5 of them want to be the leader of course there are always followers who divide up and follow whoever they choose at that moment.. match starts! these 5 small groups go off into different directions and grab everything at the beginning then procede to the next goal! so now we have all 4 bases captured by the alliance but now everyone is divided and split up all over the place.. this is why it appears alliance starts strong then peters out.. this is also why alliance ends up fighting throughout 3/4 of the match.. occasionally though the alliance groups will unintentionally work together and then you get a 4 base win.. but it usually results in a slow painful loss

so based on my observations.. alliance loses because the alliance players will not allow themselves to be told what to do!

horde wins because.. well.. it's easy to zerg down groups of 3 that are too busy fighting amongst themselves to actually accomplish anything

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlinsback View Post
    GS is complete CRAP! I wish I could link meters from my raid last night. I was on my 5100 gs hunter and there was 1 other hunter in the group who had a 5800 gs. His spec was crap, his enchants were crap, his dps was crap (not to mention he had over 600 hit rating [hunter cap is never more than 263]). At the end I had 7.8k dps and he had 5k. He accused me of using volley on the whelps so I linked my hostile attacks in raid to show I never used it. I shot every shot (explosive,auto,steady,multi) more than him, my serpent sting had more ticks, and all of these abilities hit harder (avg) than his did, by at least 200 (except for sting which ticked an avg of 13 less). I clearly just straight up out dps'd him... yet all he has to say is "5800gs survival hunter" and he gets into the icc pug that's attempting to go 12/12... but if I pst "5100gs survival hunter" I would get laughed at!
    Well obviously, I'm not saying high gs = amazing player. I'm saying high gs will help an good player perform even better. So yes, gs is useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    First thing ill say is, this is a QQ thread, dont like it? leave

So guys, whats up with the alliance? from my experiences in PVP ive realise the alliance have absolutely no idea how to do it tactically or anything
    i only started to realise in AB and ive looked ever since then, ill take the last BG i was in

i say the tactics people might want to follow at the beginning

we take the stables, mine and LM and then we cut off the horde by taking the farm instantly, but as soon as the alliance have 3 bases it falls apart, i was the only one defending the lumber mill there and i was calling incs to the bases, noone was defending the mine or the stables, even if i call an inc on the bases they just get left and capped then the alliance QQ about people defending, we always end up losing because the general alliance who pvp just dont use tactics and i get abuse hurled at me because im telling them INCS and stuff

its a recurring theme in all battlegrounds aswell, the alliance cap a tower in AV then rush south, the alliance cap a base in eots and go flag whoreing, the alliance cap a base in IOCQ then rush off somewhere

im honestly considering going horde, the experiences ive had seem to be a lot better than alliances

does anyone else agree, id like to hear your stories aswell ( even if your horde)
    factions differ from battle group to battle group, in my battlegroup the horde are retarded and lose 90% of bgs because they all play on their own and fight in the middle while alliance zerg every base or steal our flags in groups,(im horde but no matter how hard i try to get them to work with me they just suck) that 10% that the horde win is because a group of friends que together and cooperate with the few smart players that there are

Well obviously, I'm not saying high gs = amazing player. I'm saying high gs will help an good player perform even better. So yes, gs is useful.
    How is it useful when there is no way of telling the skill of the player? Say the previous 5.8k gs hunter and I both whisper you for an ICC 25 raid spot... who are you going to take? You're going to take him, even though I would do more dps because I'm the better player...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post

so based on my observations.. alliance loses because the alliance players will not allow themselves to be told what to do!
    my point exactly, if people obey the tactics all goes beautifully, but alliance ( from my view) like to dig there heals in and dont like to be told what to do

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlinsback View Post
    How is it useful when there is no way of telling the skill of the player? Say the previous 5.8k gs hunter and I both whisper you for an ICC 25 raid spot... who are you going to take? You're going to take him, even though I would do more dps because I'm the better player...
    But the pure fact is that i do not know that before actually raiding with you. So all i have to go on is gs and achievements. All of which are suggestive, not definitive. GS is more Quantitative than Achievs. Therefore, I pay attention to gs. However, if i know a player is a retard, i will not take him. Also, if i know a player is good, I will take him. Also if a plyer is in a well known respected guild, I will usually take him, as chances are, he's quite good.

ALSO, I could get the 245 badge hit trinket and replace my i200 banner of victory... my gearscore would go up over 100 pts... but my dps would drop significantly because it's useless since I'm already hit capped... gs score is broken and over rated!