Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Random Mount smart macro

I've seen plenty of macros that allow you to randomly pick between flying mounts and ground mounts, but I've never actually seen one that only picks from your 280% flying mounts or your 100% ground mounts. I've got somewhere around 90 mounts at the moment, so it would be fun to randomly get one of my many mounts instead of having a single mount to use all of the time. I know they make addons that change mounts are semi random, but none that actually randomly pick from the right kind of mount. Of course a macro would be better than an addon, any one know super special word that does this for you in a macro?

EDIT

and just to clarify, the main question i was asking is is there a modifier to differentiate between choosing from 280% flying mounts with 150% flying mounts, and differentiating between 100% ground mounts and 60%?
    Last edited by Tempos; 2010-08-23 at 01:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    /castrandom <mount name 1>, <mount name 2>, <mount name 3>, etc etc
    /castrandom [mod:alt(using alt as an example)] <mount name 1>, <mount name2>, etc

So you would hold down alt if you wanted to mount a ground mount.
    An example of mine is

/castrandom Ashes of Al'ar, Invisible, Time-Lost Proto-drake, Snowy Gryphon
    /canrandom [mod:alt] Jaina, Fiery Warhorse

Fo' serious.
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2010-08-23 at 01:42 AM.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Bumping after 1 minute won't realy help

10+ Year Old Account
    you might be able to do a modifier macro, where if you reg click it chooses ground, shift click it chooses flying

ex. /castrandom [mod] *insert list of flying mounts*; *insert list of ground mounts*

otherwise macros can't detect things like what kind of area you're in or what buffs/debuffs you have.

So you can only cast random from a preselected group of mounts, which is something I have done for like my PvP mounts and even to randomly choose a Netherdrake color.

The only thing is the macro field has a limited amount of space, so it is impossible to fit every one of my 280% flying mounts or the 100% ground mounts into the macro space.

I know there is [nofly] and [flyable] modifier, its been a while since i used them so i think that is what they were called, but i had made a macro that could randomly choose between a flying mount where i could fly, and a ground where i couldn't. The problem was that sometimes i would get my 60% flying mount or my 60% ground mount cause i couldnt find a modifier that differentiates between the two speeds

/castrandom mount1, mount2, mount3, ect, ect

I'm not sure of the addon, but doing the above, and choosing the mounts you'd like (up until you reach the min space for macro itself) should give you a decent set of options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    Speaking of mount macros, is there a way to modify it so you can dismount? Like I want to use the /castrandom for the mounts but no matter what I try it just casts another mount instead of dismounting :<
    Try adding something like [nomount] to your castrandom part and /dismount at the end?
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    I use a mod called 'mounted'
    get it from Curse

It will choose land mounts where flight is not allowed, it will always choose the fastest type of mount usable for the area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    Speaking of mount macros, is there a way to modify it so you can dismount? Like I want to use the /castrandom for the mounts but no matter what I try it just casts another mount instead of dismounting :<
    /dismount [mounted]
    /cast [nomount] mountname

i think this works for that, so when u are mounted, it dismounts you, and when you arent it casts your mount

and just to clarify, the main question iw as asking is is there a modifier to differentiate between choosing from 280% flying mounts with 150% flying mounts, and differentiating between 100% ground mounts and 60%

Quote Originally Posted by Tempos View Post
    I've seen plenty of macros that allow you to randomly pick between flying mounts and ground mounts, but I've never actually seen one that only picks from your 280% flying mounts or your 100% ground mounts. I've got somewhere around 90 mounts at the moment, so it would be fun to randomly get one of my many mounts instead of having a single mount to use all of the time. I know they make addons that change mounts are semi random, but none that actually randomly pick from the right kind of mount. Of course a macro would be better than an addon, any one know super special word that does this for you in a macro?
    Check out the add-on Livestock. It's pretty easy to find on Curse, and allows you to select from a master list of all your mounts or pets that you want, and will mount them smartly for you. If you don't want to use an add-on, sadly you'll have to make a very large and wordy macro using [nofly] and other kind of modifiers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    /castrandom <mount name 1>, <mount name 2>, <mount name 3>, etc etc
    /castrandom [mod:alt(using alt as an example)] <mount name 1>, <mount name2>, etc

So you would hold down alt if you wanted to mount a ground mount.
    An example of mine is

/castrandom Ashes of Al'ar, Invisible, Time-Lost Proto-drake, Snowy Gryphon
    /canrandom [mod:alt] Jaina, Fiery Warhorse

Fo' serious.
    It's inviNcible. Anyways, here's your answer: http://www.wowwiki.com/Mount_macros

Quote Originally Posted by joostgressie View Post
    Bumping after 1 minute won't realy help
    hahaha who checks the time?, good call though. you showed that jerk a thing or two about bumping!

i found this on the wow wiki page

/run g,f={G,G,G},{F,F,F};z={["Dalaran"]=g,["Wintergrasp"]=g,["Krasus' Landing"]=f};f=z[GetSubZoneText()]or z[GetZoneText()]or(IsFlyableArea()and f)or g;z=(IsMounted()or CallCompanion("MOUNT",f[random(#f)]))and IsFlying()or Dismount()

where G and F are replaced by mount numbers, which you would have to choose separately from your mount list. So you can fit many mounts using just numbers instead of their names. The only problem is if you get a new mount it messes up all the numbers. I have a feeling there is no in game command that differentiates from the two (would be a cool little thing to possibly see in cata). The reason I'm trying to find a macro more than an addon is because I'm trying to use as few addons as possible, and possibly none after cata comes out with new party/raid frames and power auras, just using macros as I need them. Thanks for all the responses, and maybe somebody else knows the command I'm looking for

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...mountiful.aspx

Make a macro:

/mount smart pre
    /dismount [mounted]

Then go into Mountiful and disable the mounts you don't want it to choose from (for example, I'm sick of my mammoths and the puke-green netherdrake).

If you want to do it by hand, you can just do:

/userandom [nomounted,flyable] <280% flying mounts>; [nomounted] <100% ground mounts>
    /dismount [mounted]

The obvious disadvantage of such a macro is that you need to update it for each mount you get and you only have so much space to fit everything into. You can use "ghost clicking" to get around some of that (tell your macro to activate hotbar 2 button 7, for example), but that's awkward.

The dismount line needs to be after the mounting line; I'm not making a lot of sense when I try to explain why, since it's been forever since I made that, but suffice to say funny stuff happens otherwise.
    Last edited by Armond; 2010-08-23 at 01:59 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think the most accurate random-mount addon out there is actually GupPet. It's "Smart" mount and "Random Land/Flying" mount effects are smart in that they won't cast a slow mount if you have a fast mount - there's actually a "random slow land" and "random slow flying" mount keybinds for it.

Deleted
    Squire works well too. Allows you to toggle which mounts you want etc.