Theory crafting a cataclysm comp

I know there may be a lot of these posts being made but I would really appreciate your feedback. Myself and two more friends are starting to play wow again after a hiatus and we're trying to come up with a cool comp of classes that we would like to compete with in arena, come cataclysm. I understand that because the expansion isn't out yet, it's impossible to tell what is going to succeed in arena, however, I strongly believe that with some thought we can make something work.

Anyways, this is the idea so far:

Friend 1: has to be a :warrior:

Friend 2: :shaman: or riest: favoring the shaman more than the priest

Myself: :hunter: or :warlock: favoring the hunter.

Though our priority is 3s with any combination of those, Friend 2 and I would like to do well in 2s as well...

What do you guys think we could run? Would :warrior: :shaman: :hunter: work in 3s? and :shaman: :hunter: work in 2s? Or would we have to sacrifice our top choices?

Keep in mind that the success of the comp takes top priority over our preferred classes, meaning we really would like to compete, and not just mess around... The reason being that, friend 1 is a new wow player while friend 2 and I got gladiator all throughout BC and we're looking for him to adapt to our play...

Thanks so much for your feedback!

Deleted
    Although I'd say this an almost impossible thing to Theory craft, I guess I can give you my thoughts regarding the current state of arena pvp and what I presume Cataclysm will bring.

Blue's have stated many times that the bursty nature of arena will be removed, and control will be a more important part of gameplay. This leaves you with very little choice of comp to play with these class combinations due to the fact that even now in the current season where control doesn't play as bigger role, Shamans and Priests require good peels to be able to survive effectively, especially against comps such as TSG, PHD, Shatterplay etc.

For Example, if you choose to Play Warrior/Lock/Shaman or Priest , you effectively have 0 Peels against comps, due to the fact you share DR with your fears, your shaman or priest is gonna get tunneled down within seconds and your not gonna be able to do anything to stop it. Also you lack any kind of snare freedom for your warrior so hes gonna be out of the game alot of the time against any half decent player.

Warrior/Hunter/Priest or Shaman - Its like your trying to play African Turtle Cleave but without the freedom that a Paladin brings, meaning the Hunter can be tunneled hard with the warrior in CC or snares all the time rather than when freedom is down, plus the warrior is gonna need to play Prot, which may be completely against his playstyle.

I think you'll find comp's that work well with control at current are gonna be stronger in Cata than ever, The comps that are top tier now are down to the base mechanics of the class synergising well together, and seeing as alot of this isn't changing then I think your better off sitting with something thats comfortable at the moment, which unfortunately you can't really run at all with your class setup, unless you reroll to paladin to play a solid ATC or the warrior changes class to open some options up for priest or shaman healer comps, due to the fact that warriors just dont synergise with shamans and priests in their current state as well as with paladins or druid.

I think the only thing you can safely predict in Cata is that RMP is gonna become a top tier comp again and mages will move away from playing Wizard cleave and back to RMP.

I may be completely wrong but please correct me if these points aren't valid, just thought id try and help out.

/N

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelt196 View Post
    I know there may be a lot of these posts being made but I would really appreciate your feedback. Myself and two more friends are starting to play wow again after a hiatus and we're trying to come up with a cool comp of classes that we would like to compete with in arena, come cataclysm. I understand that because the expansion isn't out yet, it's impossible to tell what is going to succeed in arena, however, I strongly believe that with some thought we can make something work.

Anyways, this is the idea so far:

Friend 1: has to be a :warrior:

Friend 2: :shaman: or riest: favoring the shaman more than the priest

Myself: :hunter: or :warlock: favoring the hunter.

Though our priority is 3s with any combination of those, Friend 2 and I would like to do well in 2s as well...

What do you guys think we could run? Would :warrior: :shaman: :hunter: work in 3s? and :shaman: :hunter: work in 2s? Or would we have to sacrifice our top choices?

Keep in mind that the success of the comp takes top priority over our preferred classes, meaning we really would like to compete, and not just mess around... The reason being that, friend 1 is a new wow player while friend 2 and I got gladiator all throughout BC and we're looking for him to adapt to our play...

Thanks so much for your feedback!
    Have your "Friend 2" reroll a Resto druid or Holy paladin and play WLP or WLD. Very strong comp with good CC that can be used both defensive and offensive. Don't know about Cata, if the comp will still be strong but atm it's very strong.

I don't think you can make a good combo with the classes you mentioned above, maybe priest/warr/lock but as the guy above me said, the priest will be train'd real hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Narcissa View Post
    Although I'd say this an almost impossible thing to Theory craft, I guess I can give you my thoughts regarding the current state of arena pvp and what I presume Cataclysm will bring.

Blue's have stated many times that the bursty nature of arena will be removed, and control will be a more important part of gameplay. This leaves you with very little choice of comp to play with these class combinations due to the fact that even now in the current season where control doesn't play as bigger role, Shamans and Priests require good peels to be able to survive effectively, especially against comps such as TSG, PHD, Shatterplay etc.

For Example, if you choose to Play Warrior/Lock/Shaman or Priest , you effectively have 0 Peels against comps, due to the fact you share DR with your fears, your shaman or priest is gonna get tunneled down within seconds and your not gonna be able to do anything to stop it. Also you lack any kind of snare freedom for your warrior so hes gonna be out of the game alot of the time against any half decent player.

Warrior/Hunter/Priest or Shaman - Its like your trying to play African Turtle Cleave but without the freedom that a Paladin brings, meaning the Hunter can be tunneled hard with the warrior in CC or snares all the time rather than when freedom is down, plus the warrior is gonna need to play Prot, which may be completely against his playstyle.

I think you'll find comp's that work well with control at current are gonna be stronger in Cata than ever, The comps that are top tier now are down to the base mechanics of the class synergising well together, and seeing as alot of this isn't changing then I think your better off sitting with something thats comfortable at the moment, which unfortunately you can't really run at all with your class setup, unless you reroll to paladin to play a solid ATC or the warrior changes class to open some options up for priest or shaman healer comps, due to the fact that warriors just dont synergise with shamans and priests in their current state as well as with paladins or druid.

I think the only thing you can safely predict in Cata is that RMP is gonna become a top tier comp again and mages will move away from playing Wizard cleave and back to RMP.

I may be completely wrong but please correct me if these points aren't valid, just thought id try and help out.

/N
    Thanks so much for the response... It turns out "friend 2" is going to end up going druid. Now, I know the obvious answer is for me to go Warlock, but is there anything else I should consider before I do so? I would like to not make the mistake of rolling a class when I could have been another which I liked better (hunter?)...

Thanks again,