Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I thought MMO champion changing hands wouldn't change the site? BANNER, WHAT?

Jeez, that's so annoying. That's the problem with the internet these days. Someone has a good thing and it's user friendly, runs clean and is a great tool. Then they sell out to someone who wants to make money and they throw inconvenient things out there so that you have to buy a subscription to get rid of them. So lame. That's my opinion. It's not a QQ post, just expressing my discontent because it's kinda the point in forums.

Placing banners in the most annoying spots possible like. In the middle of the updates screen. Or right below this text, halfway in and halfway out of the actual typing area when creating a post. Eventually what will happen is, it'll become so annoying that others will get frustrated and look for another site, that will go through the same annoying process this one did (is). Network Solutions banner yay, can't type anymore or i won't be able to see the text i'm typing. And around we go. Thanks...

if you use firefox get noscript

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Quote Originally Posted by gutsandguns View Post
    If you're using Firefox, install the Ad Block addon. If not, download Firefox, install it and install the Ad Block addon.
    Ah, that's why I was confused about what the OP said. I was like... what banners? I've never seen one on MMo-champ

Quote Originally Posted by Sindy View Post
    Jeez, that's so annoying. That's the problem with the internet these days. Someone has a good thing and it's user friendly, runs clean and is a great tool. Then they sell out to someone who wants to make money and they throw inconvenient things out there so that you have to buy a subscription to get rid of them. So lame. That's my opinion. It's not a QQ post, just expressing my discontent because it's kinda the point in forums.

Placing banners in the most annoying spots possible like. In the middle of the updates screen. Or right below this text, halfway in and halfway out of the actual typing area when creating a post. Eventually what will happen is, it'll become so annoying that others will get frustrated and look for another site, that will go through the same annoying process this one did (is). Network Solutions banner yay, can't type anymore or i won't be able to see the text i'm typing. And around we go. Thanks...
    the little x in the corner of the ad closes it.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Internet explorer, burn it.
    Or it's a bad ad, in which case report it in the sticky in the "suggestions and feedback" forum.

Seriously I've never had a single issue with ads using a proper browser like chrome or firefox.

what are you whining about ? :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    Ads? Pop-ups? I've got adblock and noscript for that. I'd rather click "temporarily disable script blocking" each time I enter a site (or just "disable script blocking at all times" once if I trust a website) than rage over the ads and banners.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...

Quote Originally Posted by gutsandguns View Post
    If you're using Firefox, install the Ad Block addon. If not, download Firefox, install it and install the Ad Block addon.
    or chrome with the adblock addon, or safari with the adblock addon, or opera with it built in. I think even IE8 has some sort of adblock functionality available...

10+ Year Old Account

I cant tell a single difference of what changed when curse took over, except instead of MLG chicks everywhere its now just random adds taking there place, and I really dont give a damn because I didnt in the 1st place.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's my opinion. It's not a QQ post, just expressing my discontent because it's kinda the point in forums.
    Not the point of the cataclysm general discussion forum though
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    the little x in the corner of the ad closes it.
    There are none.

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Not the point of the cataclysm general discussion forum though
    does it really matter? why the hell do we need 2 general discussion forums? to have retards like this post over and over that someone posted in the wrong general discussion is the only reason i think.

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Quote Originally Posted by warcrimes View Post
    does it really matter? why the hell do we need 2 general discussion forums? to have retards like this post over and over that someone posted in the wrong general discussion is the only reason i think.
    Because a lot of people don't care about beta and it's rather annoying to read all the spoilers when they (for whatever reason I'll never understand) don't want to be spoiled. It also removes some confusion what version of the game a thread refers to.

As many others have said, get firefox with adblock plus addon and you won't have this issue.

I visited the site on a different computer a few weeks ago and used IE7 to do it. There was a lexus ad that made the page load incredibly slow. I won't visit the site using IE again.

The easiest way, if you don't want to be smart about it, is just: don't look at it. /gasp! I know, I know, it's hard tearing your eyes away from the flashy colors but still... give it a try!!

Quote Originally Posted by hanover View Post
    As many others have said, get firefox with adblock plus addon and you won't have this issue.

I visited the site on a different computer a few weeks ago and used IE7 to do it. There was a lexus ad that made the page load incredibly slow. I won't visit the site using IE again.
    Mind the big part, which is the issue. There is a known bug (which you'd know about if you used the right forum) with IE7. Either update your IE to a newer version or use a different browser.

adblock FTW, works in chrome too btw

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva View Post
    The easiest way, if you don't want to be smart about it, is just: don't look at it. /gasp! I know, I know, it's hard tearing your eyes away from the flashy colors but still... give it a try!!
    But if you don't want to be smart about responding to a post you can post what you just did not realizing that these banners interfere with posting (they extend into the area you type in) and on the main page they are placed right over text at the top of the updates. You didn't want to do it the smart way, did you?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva View Post
    actually that would be difficult, since ads are designed to grab your attention.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warcrimes View Post
    Actually even if this thread was in the other general discussion forum it would still be the wrong forum as it is not about World of Warcraft. No need for you to go and start personal attacks.
    "Brevity is...wit"