Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Amanses Catacombs. Uldum raid

Pronounced AMAN-SEES
    Everyone else has done one at one point in time so ill do one to :P.
    The main idea of this raid is that there is a rumour that the true superweapon is the Book of the Dead. This has the ability for any person to sacrifice someone and write, in the sacrificed persons blood, the person they want to bring back and they are brought back from the afterlife. Apparentley they still havent met the Spirit Healers...
    After the death of Cho'Gall, the Twilights Hammer has heard of this, yadda yadda yadda they take over the Amanses Catacombs where the book is said to be because they want to bring him back. Maybe some other people as well...?
    Loot Style: Looks like old ancient egyptian stuff. All of it looks like its been sitting in a tomb for thousands of years.
    Bosses=
    Priminius [Twilight Colossus]: Gargantuan Tiatn Construct Corrupted with Twilight Architecture.

Infiltrator Mongrr: Yogg'Saron spy thats being used as the sacrifice for Cho'Gall's revival.

ShoDos and GlaDan [Titan Supercomputer]: 2 computers that have been hacked by the Hammer. Epic references are epic.

Bouros: Ouro-like giant worm. Except mandatory >:3.

Book of the Dead: Wave like encounter with random trash from random raids.Bosses too.

Vek'Nilash and Vek'Lor: SETBACKS! WOOHOO! hardmode only bosses. brought back from the book.

Now for the boss tactics. I dont feel like uploading the map i made on paint atm :3
    PRIMINUS (pronounced PRY-MIN-US)
    [Twilight Colossus]
    A giant stone being infused with Twilights Hammer architecture. The faction in Amanses Catacombs, Uldum Archaeological Survey or UAS. They have huge turrets pointed at him. The turrets only have one shot and they are old so they cant risk firing and not doing alot of damage.

That is where the raid comes in. The raids main focus is to break his shell as much as they can, then shoot him and deal damage. There is also a sandstorm constantly raging that does AoE nature damage.There are 2 phases.

Phase one:Breaking the Shell.

You as the dps have to deal as much damage as you can to Priminus. he has a 1000 stack ability called Stone Body. Every stack absorbs x amount of damage. The less stacks, the more damage the sandstorm does. Also the less stacks, the more damage he will take when you fire off a turret. there are 3 turrets in 10 man and 6 in 25.
    There is also a steady stream of adds that increase nature damage taken that need to be cc'ed and off tanked. So You want to get the stacks as low as possible for the turret, but not so low that the AoE becomes unbearable.
    Whenever a turret is fired, all the stacks are gained back.
    The boss himslef doesnt need to be tanked because he is casting the sandstorm.The Turrets are only thing that does damage to him in phase one. Phase two starts when every turret is fired.

Phase two:Killing Priminus

When every single turret is fired, Priminus stops channeling the sandstorm. If the group did the turrets correctly, he should be at half health. This is just a DPS race until he enrages. Avoid the Windstorms. Tanks taunt off because of his ability that decreases armor.

INFILTRATOR MONGRR (MON-GUR)
    A giant faceless one that is trapped in a giant pool of water, and that is where the fight takes place. He is being suppressed by some Titan constructs. When you kill them you can start the fight.
    Phase one: Underwater
    The raid cannot leave the water. If they do, they suffer alot of shadow damage. They do have an infinite breath buff though. The boss gains a buff called Brain Flay. This is a mind flay type buff that deals shadow damage. It lasts 50 seconds and deals hits one person every 2 seconds on 25 man and every 5 seconds on 10 man. They are taking damage for the rest of the Brain Flat buff. It also reduces swim speed by 60%.
    Phase two: Torrent
    When the Brain Flay buff wears off, he exits the water and casts Dark Torrent. This is a Malygos-esque Vortex type thing that also increases shadow damage taken. Thats it.

This is a raid healing intensive fight.
    He also randomly casts Black Lung on any target out of range. IF they do not emerge from the water in 12 seconds, they will lose their underwater breath buff and it reduces breath time to one minute flat. Take THAT undead .

ShoDos and GlaDan
    [Titan Supercomputers]
    This fight begins with a ShoDos Moniter and a GlaDan Moniter on opposite sides of the room. 2 Energy Coils in each of the corners, 8 overall. In between the Energy Coils are either a GlaDan Modem or ShoDos Modem. The Energy Coils spawn Plasma Feedback. These need to be kited around the room. They are slow so they can be easily kited around by a ranged.

Phase 1:Kiting Plasma Feedback

You cant have a tank kite the Plasma Feedback because they do an AoE and buff the modem with increased production and buffs the moniter with more haste. The buff is called Positive Feedback. When 10 feedback have spawned, you have to kite them to either GlaDan Modem or ShoDos Modem where it will explode and cause Negative Feedback, which deals damage and reduces armor on the Moniters.

The moniters cast single target Shock Code, which is basically lightnng bolt but with a computery name. They also cast Malware, deals x shadow damage over time and everytime Shock Code is used, ShoDos or GlaDan have a chance to target you with a Shock Code that is 125% stronger and is instant cast.

ShoDos casts Firewall Breach which deals x fire damage and decreases armor by 60%.

GlaDan casts Upload which deals x arcane damage and decreases movement speed by 20%. stacks 5 times.

When the dps break all of the Energy Coils and bring one of the Moniters to 65% health, phase 2 starts

Phase two:Breaking the Modems
    The modems now are targeteable. The Moniters still cast their spell but now cast 2 new spells.Delete, if you do not run into a Circut Overload then you are deleted(die). Circut Overload. Deals AoE nature damage to all targets around the Modem and the other modem with the same name.

For example, if one ShoDos modem overloads, so will the other. The main part of this phase is to down all of the modems. Ranged is preffered so that they dont get damaged from the overload. When all of the Modems die, phase 3 starts.

Phase three:Fixing ShoDos and GlaDan
    This is when shit gets real. ShoDos and GlaDan drop from the top of the ceiling, they both look like an egyptian Glados.

They are both at 70% health and must be healed to max. The Moniters dont target them, so its just a race to heal them both. The dps must also attack the moniters because the less health they have, the less damage they deal, allowing the healers to heal ShoDos and GlaDan. The encounter is over when they are both healed to full and regain control.
    Last edited by DerpderpHAMMA; 2010-08-27 at 10:27 PM.

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

10+ Year Old Account
    primus!

lol transformers references make me happy

like negatron

after reading 2 of these i now have the urge to make my own.... i will later

do you like

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DerpderpHAMMA View Post
    do you like
    i do like

very interesting hard mode boss
    i like how both of todays suggestion put the hardmode boss before the real last boss
    makes it so the last boss is still incharge while offering a stronger challenge

I liked the Portal reference.
    o bby

curseforummoderatorscansuckadick

This shows promise. I like it.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

I like the book of the dead = secret titan weapon idea. I am a big fan of egyptian mythology, and this is definitely an awesome idea.

Bloodsail Admiral Overmind the 3rd's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the SHODAN and GLaDOS references, but totally skipped over the rest.
    Serve the hive
    Feel the groove
    I control
    The way you move

added ShoDos and GlaDan battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    added ShoDos and GlaDan battle.

you inspired me to make my own
    id like ur opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    you inspired me to make my own
    id like ur opinion
    cool. thanks i feel liked :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the GLaDOS and SHODAN reference.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of an idea like this? It's not like it'll ever even remotely happen.

References were forced and too obvious, and just too many, forced humor. Doesn't sound good and I didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    What's the point of an idea like this? It's not like it'll ever even remotely happen.

References were forced and too obvious, and just too many, forced humor. Doesn't sound good and I didn't like it.
    well while i dont agree with what you say i will defend to the death your right to say it. and to answer the why question, because its fun?

My eyes are too tired to read all of it but it sounded interesting...the first sentence...

10+ Year Old Account
    well while i dont agree with what you say i will defend to the death your right to say it. and to answer the why question, because its fun?
    finally! some 1 else who knows that

BOUROS

When you enter the room there are little worms that are crawling around called Brood of Bouros. When they are all slain, Bouros spawns. She is in the last untwilight-ified area of the catacombs. She looks exactly like Ouro except she is Gray.
    Phase one:Above Ground
    The first part of the fight is just tank and spank. The tanks have to stack because of Sweep. She must also be taunted off because he deals a stacking debuff that increases all nature damage taken. this is a problem because of this. Sand Crash. Deals 150% nature damage to the tank and the target with the lowest threat. Every 30 seconds she will cast Primordial Rage. This acts as the soft enrage, this increases her physical and nature damage done by 7% every application. She also tosses rocks which you have to avoid. The rocks stay there garfrost style and are cast more frequentley the more stacks of Primordial Rage. She will submerge when he reaches 80% health.

Phase two: Underground
    During this time she will dart around underground and still toss rocks at targets. She spawns Son of Bouros or Daughter of Bouros. The Sons will cleave, put Acidic Jaws on the target which deals x nature damage over time and increases with each stack. The Daughters will cleave and channel Dust Storm. This is cast in a 30 yard cone in front of it and reduces chance to hit by 30%. When all of the Sons and Daughters are killed, Bouros will emerge again. It will switch between both phases until 15% health.

Phase 3:Kill Her
    She enrages during this period. 150% more damage and 100% more nature damage. She will throw rocks ALOT more frequently now and it will become a problem due to the rocks getting in the way of LoS. She will spawn more and more Sons and Daughters. In addition to casting everything from phase one,she will cast Tremor now. This is a beefed up shaman earthquake that doesnt knock you down but knocks you into the air. The Sons and Daughters also have a chance to put on Brood in Trouble when they attack. This increases the targets threat generation by 10% for 20 seconds. This stacks 10 times and they should be killed when they are spawned, as they do not spawn quickly

that is the Bouros fight.

well while i dont agree with what you say i will defend to the death your right to say it.
    I cant wait to tell my husband!
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    I cant wait to tell my husband!
    is that a reference to futurama

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    is that a reference to futurama
    I request a satanic funeral.