View Poll Results: Who Emerges Victorious in a Fight to the Death?

Voters
1875. This poll is closed
  • Arthas

859 45.81%
  • Grom

1,016 54.19%
Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    As for Manny... I totally think it's something he would plan, when your that badass why let the person who kills you live if you can take them with you. It's the ultimate payback and it worked.

Lol.... Have you even played Warcraft 3? Mannoroth's character is too arrogant and prideful to ever even entertain the thought that someone would kill him, and why should he? He has dominated countless worlds and species and left virtually unopposed until his assimilation into the burning leigion, and even then he just grows stronger.

And to have a kilswitch like that for an orc? After what Mannoroth thinks of them? No way. Seriously, go read his wowwiki or something so you can have some kind of idea about what argument you're trying to make here.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
    A small child with FROSTMOURNE
    Okay.

You can have the most badass weapon imaginable but it doesn't mean anything if you're fighting someone who has superior skill.

A small child that defeated Illidan, Kael'thas, Sindragosa, Uther.. guess that makes the weapon dam impressive no?
    Christ, this is worse than gearscore.

Gear does not equal skill.

Deleted
    A small child that defeated Illidan, Kael'thas, Sindragosa, Uther.. guess that makes the weapon dam impressive no?
    He didn't defeat Sindragosa, he defeated Sapphiron.

Kel'thuzad, Mal'ganis, Sylvannas, Antonidas and so on.
    Garrosh Hellscream... Making the Alliance/Horde Carebears cry since 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Come on, that's pushing it a bit too far. I mean Manny exploded because it's the hip thing to do when you're a leader of the Annihilan, not so he could take down Grom.
    Even if that is the case ( which I have my doubts ) They still killed each other.

---------- Post added 2010-08-31 at 05:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    He didn't defeat Sindragosa, he defeated Sapphiron.
    You know what I mean't

10+ Year Old Account
    But really it was a Grom w/ the blood of Mannoroth vs Mannoroth. I doubt the blood could grant the powers to kill him alone. How many people do we have in lore that are given powers by things stronger than them but still far weaker than the guy? While the blood help, it certainly wasn't anywhere near anything like Brox getting [Magical Wooden Axe of the Mary Sue] to fight all those demons in the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Okay.

You can have the most badass weapon imaginable but it doesn't mean anything if you're fighting someone who has superior skill.
    But does Grom skill that is so overwhelming better than Arthas? I think Arthas skill has proven itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swixal View Post
    and every single kill he made he had an army or squad with him see the pattern? ill give you a hint hes not really that strong
    yeah but didn't grom have other orcs fighting with him against cenarius and he had thrall with him when he killed mannoroth

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    lets check there achievements shall we?

Grom: roflpwned the king of pit lords, first to drink the king of pit lords blood, killed cenarius.

Arthas: killed some elf tart with some runeblade, beat a Nelf who was help captive for 10000 years by maiev, he stabbed his father( real achievement there)

in all honesty arthas is very powerful but frostmourne wouldn't be enough i dont think

Quote Originally Posted by Swixal View Post
    lets check there achievements shall we?

Grom: roflpwned the king of pit lords, first to drink the king of pit lords blood, killed cenarius.

Arthas: killed some elf tart with some runeblade, beat a Nelf who was help captive for 10000 years by maiev, he stabbed his father( real achievement there)

in all honesty arthas is very powerful but frostmourne wouldn't be enough i dont think
    Post the 20 other people Arthas killed.

Arthas single handedly kill all of those characters in the game. There are cut scenes in very single major one where Arthas does it himself. You were trying to say that ghouls built during the combat means that Arthas didn't do it alone. Arthas's unit did not get any stronger during the final battle with Illidan. So unless he got a super power up in the final cutscene we didn't see than he was no stronger than he was during his war3.
    You are so far into contradicting yourself I'm getting a headache trying to play along and humor you. Its stated countless times in the game that Arthas gets closer to the throne the stronger he becomes and when Arthas kills Uther? There is no cutscene of him killing Uther. Uther dies after being swarmed in-game by your army and Arthas. And now you're trying to say that gameplay only affects lore some of the time but not all of the time, considering that level 10 was the level cap and they couldn't make Arthas any stronger I dont even see how thats a point in your argument to begin with. By that logic I could just say that any hero unit in the game that was at level 10 is equal in strength to any other hero unit in the game that is at level 10, and that just sounds retarded.

I knew this fight would be a popularity contest and not about actual power.

But does Grom skill that is so overwhelming better than Arthas? I think Arthas skill has proven itself.
    Arthas killed 3 old men and Saurfang the Younger who pretty much pulled a Leeroy Jenkins.

Sure takes a lot of skill.

If arthas fought grom before he became the LK, then no.. but after becoming the Lk, then yes, Arthas would own grom IMO

Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    I knew this fight would be a popularity contest and not about actual power.
    I can't believe people think Frostmourne is worthless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    But really it was a Grom w/ the blood of Mannoroth vs Mannoroth. I doubt the blood could grant the powers to kill him alone. How many people do we have in lore that are given powers by things stronger than them but still far weaker than the guy? While the blood help, it certainly wasn't anywhere near anything like Brox getting [Magical Wooden Axe of the Mary Sue] to fight all those demons in the portal.
    The blood only figured into it as a catalyst for Grom's shame really. The shame and rage at himself for letting the Orcs fall so low was what made him lash out so hard against their corruptor.

So yeah, it was more of a one-in-a-million. I mean, I doubt there'd be anyone else who could take down Mannoroth at that time, and that's not so much due to Grom's power as his history with the demon.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenleaf91 View Post
    If arthas fought grom before he became the LK, then no.. but after becoming the Lk, then yes, Arthas would own grom IMO
    Arthas had Frostmourne before he was the LK...

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post

Gear does not equal skill.
    In lore it does. Sorry.

Oh I s'pose the training from Muradin and the Uther didn't count for squat either... * sigh *

And to have a kilswitch like that for an orc? After what Mannoroth thinks of them? No way. Seriously, go read his wowwiki or something so you can have some kind of idea about what argument you're trying to make here.
    My argument is that they killed each other. Fairly basic and correct if you ask me.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Post the 20 other people Arthas killed.
    if i did i'd have to post the thousands of draenie grom slaughtered

Quote Originally Posted by Shanur View Post
    this was tough for me. I like them both, but i put my vote under Arthas, no single blade can defeat the lich king.
    *cough* ashbringer *cough*

OT: voting arthas aswell!