View Poll Results: WoW Tat, good or bad?

Voters
453. This poll is closed
  • I'm actually thinking about getting/have one already

101 22.30%
  • More power to you, just not for me

127 28.04%
  • Meh, probably not a good idea

99 21.85%
  • Your a dumbass

126 27.81%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    personally, I wouldn't but that's cuz I would NEVER do a permanent tatoo on my body, it's just outta question...but it's maybe gonna get you a few friends? ::P

I think you should get a female gnome warrior dual-wielding Ashkandi's while riding a Murloc on your chest. Something to show the grandchildren.

15+ Year Old Account
    I voted "your a dumbass" because its grammatically incorrect. But seriously, what is cool at 20 or 25 or 18 or 30 or whatever age you are is not cool at 60. I would never get something printed on my body that will probably be forgotten and replaced with something new in 5 years or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Emkani View Post
    QFT.

You should really be careful with the placement of your tattoos. A lot of employers don't really dig the whole tattoo thing, especially if they're very visible.

OT: As said before in this thread, if it is something you enjoy and a big part of your life, why not get one? Tbh my own mother is pushing me to get one!

GL, but remember, placement is key.

regards
    if my mothers sees me with one, I,m not her son anymore, isn't it ironic?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting the symbol on the Gilneas flag myself. It's about what you like and want, who cares what others think about it. My sister's husband is covered in tattoos of all kinds of different genres and styles, and he is proud of every single one no matter how old they are.

Do what you think is best for you.
    I make videos of SimCity mainly, but am open to suggestions; check me out!

YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheArcan...?feature=guide
    Twitter - https://twitter.com/TheArcaneBagel

No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    if my mothers sees me with one, I,m not her son anymore, isn't it ironic?
    wow, tough luck, but I have a feeling that isn't stopping you and it shouldn't

My mother personally has a lot of tattoos, she is fascinated with beautiful artwork and even though she hasn't got the slightest idea of how to play WoW, she really loves the warcraft universe, which is one of the reasons why she wants me to get one.

edit* Didn't notice that you weren't the OP
    Last edited by Emkani; 2010-09-01 at 09:14 PM.

s619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/Sckep/?action=view&current=tattoo.jpg

cant link it so you will have to copy paste it

/brag

get one

I have the horde symbol tatt'd on my wrist, I quit wow for about 4-5 months. Even in those months where I thought I wasn't going to come back I didn't regret it. And of course I am back on wow currently but my point is it all comes down to you. I played since Vanilla and took short breaks here and there, wow was/is a big part of my life and the horde crest just looks awesome. For anyone who is worried about explaining it to women it really doesn't matter. If that really bothers you that much you can just lie and say it was a design a tattoo artist just drew it up for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the real question.
    Which version will it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Leftineus View Post
    I voted "your a dumbass" because its grammatically incorrect. But seriously, what is cool at 20 or 25 or 18 or 30 or whatever age you are is not cool at 60. I would never get something printed on my body that will probably be forgotten and replaced with something new in 5 years or less.
    Hahahaha who cares what you like when you are 60, you have one foot in the grave anyway. Fuckin squares man, live your life now and stop worrying about when you are 60, the world will be shit by then anyway.

I say get it if you really want it. I have a tattoo of the cross from Vagrant Story on my arm. got it like 5 years ago and i still love it. its a great design. I have been thinking about getting the horde crest somewhere. Very tribal design, maybe in a maori style.

some people just dont like tatts. I love em. and i plan to get my legs done, just make sure its something you really want and can live with for the rest of your life. But honestly dont let anyone else make up your mind for you. Think about it. Carefully pick your design and VERY carefully pick your tattoo artist. Look at a book of their work. NOTHING from the walls, and see what they do that fits what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Flowne View Post
    I said dont do it because its like:

You love WoW now but 10 years later your like wtf why I did this tbh? It's same like get a tattoo with on it Me <3 <fill in> for ever and then u break up.

THEN UR JUST FUCKED!!
    Plz dont do it :O
    Firstly you don't know if he'll think like that, and secondly it isn't the same as those love tattoos, because it doesn't say "LOL I PLAY WOW", like he said it'll just be seen as a tribal image by everyone who doesn't know otherwise.

And personally I say go for it, although not on your forearm, I would say shoulder as mentioned previously and save your forearm for a tattoo that would actually fit without being forced to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your choice, however, think about it first.
    The logo looks really good and as stated before - you can always say it's a tribal.
    Also, go for this one..
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayla View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't do it, wow will be gone in the next 20 years and there will be some new game unless you met your wife or husband on wow and you find a way to make it more meaningful than just a game then you will regret it later most likely.

My friend that got me playing WoW has a large Horde crest on his shin area, and it's very well done. The funny thing is shortly after he got it he stopped playing, but he doesn't regret it, WoW was a part of his life for two years.

I would really think about placement though, as someone with a tattoo on her forearm I've gotta say they are very hard to hide! It can make it difficult to get a job depending on company policies. Just make sure you are ready to get such a large tattoo in a very predominate area of your body, and that you are prepared for the inconveniences it may cause, (wearing long sleeved shirts in the summer sucks!).

But I do say go for it! No matter what WoW was a part of your life

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have the warlock's drain soul icon covering my left side and goes a little onto my back and stomach. Has the words Ich will on the right of it and deine Seele to the left. Some may consider a wow tat to be especially nerdy but pretty sure something I've played for 5+ years has a little more impact on my life than your damn overdone hummingbird...

10+ Year Old Account
    get your entire body covered in thralls persona

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomm View Post
    Go for it.
    People get tattoo's of things that they like.. you like WoW, why is it any different?
    This. The only people who would tell you not to don't really understand what tattoos are, or got theirs for the wrong reason.

If you like the way it looks, want it because WoW has been a big part of your life, go for it. Though, depending on what job you want in the future you may not want it there. Mine are all hidden...so far =]

I wouldn't want to get a tattoo of something that's still going on. After 6 expansions you might be left with WoW as a memory of something that turned out like utter crap after dev's started milking it for money and selling gear.

For me, this goes for the music I like; I'd never get a tattoo of a band who are still playing.
    "There is a fly in the ointment. Shit has hit the fan. The lion will speak!" - Saul Silver