Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

New Shaman glyphs, what do you make of them?

This is on the front page, and I'm sure many of you have seen it. Discuss! (Old glyphs are marked with brackets.)

•Chain Heal - Increases healing done by your Chain Heal spell to targets beyond the first by 15%, but decreases the amount received by the initial target by 10%. (Your Chain Heal heals 1 additional target.)
    •Earthliving Weapon - Increases the effectiveness of your Earthliving weapon's periodic healing by 20%. (Increases the chance for your Earthliving weapon to trigger by 5%.)
    •Elemental Mastery - While your Elemental Mastery ability is active, you take 20% less damage from all sources. (Reduces the cooldown of your Elemental Mastery ability by 30 sec.)
    •Fire Nova - Increases the radius of your Fire Nova spell by 5 yards. (Reduces the cooldown of your Fire Nova spell by 3 seconds.)
    •Ghost Wolf - Your Ghost Wolf form grants an additional 10% movement speed.
    •Healing Stream Totem - Your Healing Stream Totem also increases the Fire, Frost, and Nature resistance of party and raid members within 30 yards by 150. (Your Healing Stream Totem heals for an additional 20%.)
    •Hex - Reduces the cooldown of your Hex spell by 15 sec. (Increases the damage your Hex target can take before the Hex effect is removed by 20%.)
    •Lava Burst - Your Lava Burst spell deals 10% more damage. (Your Lava Burst spell gains an additional 10% of your spellpower.)
    •Totemic Recall *New* - Causes your Totemic Recall ability to return an additional 50% of the mana cost of any recalled totems.
    •Lightning Shield - Your Lightning Shield can no longer drop below 3 charges from dealing damage to attackers.
    •Grounding Totem *New* - When your Grounding Totem absorbs a spell, it attempts to reflect that spell on its caster, but the cooldown of your Grounding Totem is increased by 45 sec.
    •Arctic Wolf *New* - Alters the appearance of your Ghost Wolf transformation, causing it to resemble an arctic wolf.
    •Shamanistic Rage *New* - Activating your Shamanistic Rage ability also cleanses you of all dispellable Magic debuffs.
    •Water Shield - Increases the passive mana regeneration of your Water Shield spell by 50%. (Up from 30%)

Lightning Shield - mandatory for Elem pvp?
    Hex - 30 second cooldown? Awesome
    Healing Stream - combines it with resistance totems...okay...
    Grounding Totem - The big one! We asked for it, but it'll make it a 1 minute cooldown which is still hitable with any melee weapon. Worth it? To reflect that poly back at the mage, I think so! Keywords are "attempts to reflect" though...makes me suspicious.

The main one that i like is the "zomg we has cloak of shadows!" aka Shamanistic Rage.

Grounding totem and lightning shield are the next best ones in my eyes.

15+ Year Old Account
    ghost wolf is gona be sweet for pvp. grounding totem is sick but idk if its worth it for a 45 sec longer CD. well have to see.

and for shamanstic rage, it doenst look like a CoS to me. it just removes all of them the second you pop it. does not make you immune to them. still somewhat good.

The Grounding Totem one is really good for resto in pvp only really. Because when we see on our add-on or whatever that the Mage is casting Polymorph we can strategically get rid of our Wrath of Air or whatever and place this and get rid of the Mage just like that. Pretty fucking useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    The main one that i like is the "zomg we has cloak of shadows!" aka Shamanistic Rage.

Grounding totem and lightning shield are the next best ones in my eyes.
    Sham Rage is great, way better than the Ele Mastery.

45 sec longer CD on grounding totem for just one reflect...no ty.

I thought lightning shield never drops below 3 charges anyways, you know, for fulmination. Must be for enhancement. Why would you ever lose a orb from dealing damage to an attacker. I'm a little confused with this one.
    Last edited by Northy; 2010-09-02 at 04:57 AM.

Deleted
    Lighting shield still loses charges when getting hit by an enemy but will never go below 3 charges with fulmination. So this glypth is for pvp or leveling i guess not pve.

Grounding totem reflect could be really cool but its already a great totem so i dunno if its worth it. I'll probably pick it up for the laughs anyway.
    Healingstream totem looks kinda cool but probably not worth the biggest glypth slots.
    Ghostwolf = Good for pvp
    Shamanistic rage = Awesome. Im wondering if it can be used while sheeped for example. If so its amazing.
    Ele mastery is good but kind of weird combinging an offensive cd with defensive.
    Hex = Good pvp glypth
    Lavaburst = probably mandatory pve glypth.

Overall we got some really fun and good glypths. I think we lucked out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post

I thought lightning shield never drops below 3 charges anyways, you know, for fulmination. Must be for enhancement. Why would you ever lose a orb from dealing damage to an attacker. I'm a little confused with this one.
    For pvp. if a warrior is hitting you he is taking off all your lightnight shields therefore u cant use flumination on him. this will allow you to at least do the damg of 3 lighting obs

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Lighting shield still loses charges when getting hit by an enemy but will never go below 3 charges with fulmination. So this glypth is for pvp or leveling i guess not pve.

Grounding totem reflect could be really cool but its already a great totem so i dunno if its worth it. I'll probably pick it up for the laughs anyway.
    Healingstream totem looks kinda cool but probably not worth the biggest glypth slots.
    Ghostwolf = Good for pvp
    Shamanistic rage = Awesome. Im wondering if it can be used while sheeped for example. If so its amazing.
    Ele mastery is good but kind of weird combinging an offensive cd with defensive.
    Hex = Good pvp glypth
    Lavaburst = probably mandatory pve glypth.

Overall we got some really fun and good glypths. I think we lucked out.
    Fulmination says nothing about not being able to go below 3 charges, it merely says "when you have more than 3." If that's the case than Lightning Shield glyph will be mandatory. I think they screwed up the wording on it. It says "Your Lightning Shield can no longer drop below 3 charges from dealing damage to attackers" when it should say "Your Lightning Shield can no longer drop below 3 charges when taking damage from attackers."

Hmmm...

15+ Year Old Account
    Fulmination says nothing about not being able to go below 3 charges, it merely says "when you have more than 3." If that's the case than Lightning Shield glyph will be mandatory. I think they screwed up the wording on it. It says "Your Lightning Shield can no longer drop below 3 charges from dealing damage to attackers" when it should say "Your Lightning Shield can no longer drop below 3 charges when taking damage from attackers."

Hmmm...
    i think with the glyph it will be both.

w/out glyph its when dealing damg to attackers

Right Fulmination doesn't say nothing about not going below three add the glyph and it does the damage but you keep 3 of the shields voila.
    seems like a great glyph for both pve and pvp if fulmination does decent damage :P

EDIT: ok guess your right the wayt he tooltip is worded it will only take anything above three to do damage and with enhance static shock it gives the damage without removeing a charge according to the tool tip so yeha i think this glyph makes no sense.
    Last edited by Greenmahn; 2010-09-02 at 05:47 AM.

Hmmm...
    No, it makes sense. If you're Elemental, the only way you're losing charges (below 3 charges) is by taking damage, since the new talents don't consume Lightning Shield beyond 3 charges. If you are Enhancement, then you will lose charges due to Static Shock (doing damage), hence the wording on the glyph.

Pretty decent. Both the two big defensive Glyphs are real nice, Wolf Speed is nice but will be barely noticeable.

Sadly for Enhance Totemic Recall Glyph may be mandatory.

Hope they add more, Like a Real StormStrike Glyph. Also a buff to Frostbrand/Frost Shock for PvP would be welcome from a Glyph. Or one that allows Lava Lash to not consume Searing Totem charges.

Quote Originally Posted by hellar View Post
    i think with the glyph it will be both.

w/out glyph its when dealing damg to attackers
    when would it ever drop below 3 when dealing dmg to attackers anyways?

Deleted
    If fulmination removed all LS orbs it would be worthless due to having to waste gcd on lighting shield. It would also make no sense having a glypth be absolutely mandatory in order to use an elemental talent.

15+ Year Old Account
    when would it ever drop below 3 when dealing dmg to attackers anyways?
    nvm i think i remeber seeing a ele shaman on beta using 9 orbs and they drop to 0. so with the new glyph i think that when u have 9 orbs and use flumination will do the damg of 9 orbs but leave 3 up.

or at least thats what i want it to be. that would make it usefull for pve and pvp

and hitting atcks would not take u below 3 either

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmahn View Post
    Right Fulmination doesn't say nothing about not going below three add the glyph and it does the damage but you keep 3 of the shields voila.
    seems like a great glyph for both pve and pvp if fulmination does decent damage :P

EDIT: ok guess your right the wayt he tooltip is worded it will only take anything above three to do damage and with enhance static shock it gives the damage without removeing a charge according to the tool tip so yeha i think this glyph makes no sense.

It makes sense because it was designed for Enhance, not for Ele. Although Ele will need a similar one to keep from having to spam refreshing lightning shield when melee are messing 'em up.

@!*#....

I just am at loss for words.

I hate all of them.

Truly.

The only ones that look semi useful is shamanistic rage and Lightning shield.

Le sigh...

hmm three resist totems for free thats kinda overpowered, but i guess it gives shamans a reason to use healing stream since cleansing totem is gone

Quote Originally Posted by passives View Post
    hmm three resist totems for free thats kinda overpowered, but i guess it gives shamans a reason to use healing stream since cleansing totem is gone
    Guess they don't want us using our new Concentration Aura totem....

Frost, Fire and Nature resist added to Healing Stream, that sounds good to me. Cleansing Totem is gone so you don't have to worry about that and with the 4 Paladin buffs getting combined into 2, Mana regen will be covered so no real need for Mana Totem. Also with people being able to see top lvl content in a 10 man raid a single Shaman can cover 3 out of the 5 Resistance Auras.