Unhappy Would you say Fury/Arms is fun in the dungeons?

Would you say Fury/Arms is fun in the dungeons at level 80?
    I've never been at 80 as a Warrior.

And in the beginning you get a feeling there isn't really many fun abilities to pick around.
    Most action you see is like your sword swining, not very much of special effects like Paladin, Death Knight, Shaman has.

And I guess that's okey, but it's like this at 80 also?
    And is there alot more unique fun abilities at later levels?

Deleted
    Nope.
    Its like Single Target DPS: Recklessness - Death Wish - Whirlwind - (Slamprocc ) - Bloodthrist - ( Slamprocc ) - Heroic - Heroic until Whirl/Bloodthrist is up - rinse and repeat

Multi-Target-DPS: Just Switch Heroic with Cleave

Its brainless button smashing.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaidenXIII View Post
    Nope.
    Its like Single Target DPS: Recklessness - Death Wish - Whirlwind - (Slamprocc ) - Bloodthrist - ( Slamprocc ) - Heroic - Heroic until Whirl/Bloodthrist is up - rinse and repeat

indeed. Thats why warriors tank.

Yeah, it's the only class I got at lv 80 I feel I get to do damage with before the mobs dies.
    It is as previous posters said, mindless button smashing, but isn't all classes in 5 mans...?

Besides, that's why I like fury in 5 mans, mindless button spam, win dmg meter. :P

And XepNes said; warriors should tank, that is the most boring thing I've ever done in WoW, tank as warrior is dreadfully boring.
    Last edited by Komati; 2010-09-02 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Added comment.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Quote Originally Posted by Komati View Post
    Yeah, it's the only class I got at lv 80 I feel I get to do damage with before the mobs dies.
    It is as previous posters said, mindless button smashing, but isn't all classes in 5 mans...?

Besides, that's why I like fury in 5 mans, mindless button spam, win dmg meter. :P

And XepNes said; warriors should tank, that is the most boring thing I've ever done in WoW, tank as warrior is dreadfully boring.
    Funny, as most people say Warrior is the most fun tanking class.

As Paladin is most boring 696969.
    And Druid is just... less buttons then Warrior...
    So really.

What is up with all these Arms in pve threads?

if your fresh 80 go arms
    if your over 4k gs go fury

But in the end, play what you think is fun, not what others say (Its just heroic dungeons anyways....).
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimourne View Post
    Funny, as most people say Warrior is the most fun tanking class.

As Paladin is most boring 696969.
    And Druid is just... less buttons then Warrior...
    So really.
    Tank warrior is fun. Anyone who thinks otherwise shouldnt tank at all.

Fury; Dunno, probaply not

Arms;
    Situation one, good tank;
    1) Yes, managing rage to put out as much damage as possible in a short-time frame. Bladestorm and sweeping use on the largest packs as much as possible, thunderclapping, cleaving, while also trying to keep your normal rotation up.
    Situation two, worse tank;
    2) No, usually dieing after one bladestorm, sweeping strike MS + OP gets you killed.

Fury is hilarious, it's like: BIG NUMBERS! BIG NUMBERS! BIG NUMBERS!
    Hell, I usually one-up it and bring a friendly healer with me in ICC-25 heroic gear and Fury-tank instances, so we go through each instance in like 10-15 minutes!

BIG NUMBERS = FUN! No, really, what the hell else are you gonna do in current heroics besides BIG NUMBERS? Especially, as a caster you might as well go AFK if you have a geared ret or fury in your group.

Deleted
    I wouldn't agree with the posters above me. Both Fury and Arms are fun in lvl 80 dungeons. And they are always going to be fun if you play them with ok players. Your spec doesn't really matter, all that does is who you play with. Ok maybe Fury needs some more work on the so called "brainless button smashing" but i certainly don't see the point of calling a spec boring and in the same time having Arcane mages around ... or Spriest's AoE, omg so much fun ... I've had conversations with mages about different specs, because I have a mage alt and like most of you mages I didn't like the Arcane-Blast-to-infinity rotation. I went Fire and specced Firestarter, just to have fun in lvl 80 dungeons. The result was overaggrowing pretty much 80% of the time and countless deaths, but the Dmg output was way higher that Arcane and I actually liked it! I told that to many mages, but the answer was "The simpler, the better" or "My Blizzard is enough for AoE" So you really don't have to listen to us talking and arguing about this and that spec.
    All I can tell you is lvling a warrior worths it! Get it to lvl 80 and find out for yourself which spec you would enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaidenXIII View Post
    Nope.
    Its like Single Target DPS: Recklessness - Death Wish - Whirlwind - AGGRO + DEATH - (Slamprocc ) - Bloodthrist - ( Slamprocc ) - Heroic - Heroic until Whirl/Bloodthrist is up - rinse and repeat

Fixed ;-)

And yeah, have a DK/Warr/Pally with tanking OS or MSs, and the warrior is definitely the most fun, and more challenging one.

Asheowyn - Shandelzare - Anessa - Shandelzhare

Tank as fury is fun in heroics ^_^

and no i dont enter the heroic as a tank and go fury its just usualy if we got a good healer and enough plate dps, and we are geared enough, we will just go steamroll the place without a tank untill we get to a boss.

as far as dps goes, as i run in and use blood rage que cleave and pop WW then see lots of big numbers (usualy for me its anywhere from 5-8k) and everything dies. how is that not fun?

Edit: Sometimes when i see big numbers, only i die. Then it's not fun.
    Last edited by Corayo; 2010-09-08 at 11:36 PM.

Deleted
    Furrrry

It's alright, It's only fun because I can clear trash like no ones business. Cleave, Whirlwind, thunderclap.
    Always pull aggro, but the HM gear keeps me alive. (Help from healers of course).
    But basically, it's as easy as a Blood DK DPS in 5 mans.. (Says a lot)
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

10+ Year Old Account
    Since getting a little gear together for my fury, I've found there are pros and cons in dungeons:
    Pro - 7.5/8k dps as an overal is quite fun.
    Con - with death being our only agro dump, the repair bills stack up somewhat...

I must admit I haven't tried arms in a while, but I found it to be rather boring, spend the bulk of the time raging at my lack of rage, followed by the mandatory loldeath after using lolstorm...

Tanks don't seem to like my warrior very much...
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Fury is a blast in dungeons and if you know what you're doing PvP too. Arms is currently a bit useless in a raid scenario but that should be fixed in Cata. No there's nothing too flashy about warrior skills, but then that's the point. We're Shock Troopers for the most part, go in take a bunch of damage and leave the enemy broken and crippled. It might not be fancy but we get it done.

Most of the fun in Fury comes from, like with Destro Locks, seeing how many crits you can get back to back and just how far you crank your AP. Large. Heavy. Hits.