Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My one gripe with the Dungeon Finder

I was on my hunter today, and after waiting in the dps queue, got ported into H PoS. The tank "disconnected" immediately, and after a couple minutes we kicked him and re-queued. Great. At least we get priority in the queue now. After waiting for a couple minutes, the healer leaves, and the other two dps shortly follow suit. And there I am, alone. No group, and I have to re-queue at the back of the line again. (Really fun when it happens a couple times in a row)

I didn't want to leave. I was waiting patiently for the DF to fill the group with the next available tank. But since everybody left, I was forced back into a (longer) queue. What I'd like to see is the last person remaining get to keep their group's spot in the queue. Thoughts?

Had that happen once or twice...usually at H HoR.

While it would be nice, I dunno how they could do that.

15+ Year Old Account
    i remember someone mentioning a good idea a few weeks back about people who Queue as dps should get an extra emblem or 2 at the end due to the 3-4 times longer wait they have to endure to get into a dungeon, or even thinking of a way to make tanks and healers more likely to want to do dungeons.

I do think that being able to save your queue position like that would be a good idea considering how long dps must wait in a random dungeon system just to do what a tank or healer can get in 5 minutes or less, regardless though Cataclysm will be out in a few months and when that hits dps will easily get instant dungeons for a while due to people farming heaps.
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

That would be a good idea, as it is by staying and not leaving you skipped getting the cooldown, unlike the rest of your group.

Tank dc usually happens in H HoR, PoS isn't anywhere near as bad

The way Blizzard is currently making healing and tanking more attractive is making both specs overpowered and it's pretty obvious they have done it for alot of classes, when the Death Knight class first appeared they were overpowered,later they were nerfed once there was a good balance. so when people don't play tanks or healers enough, especially a specefic class they tend to make it overpowered. Protection paladin and protection warriors are both decently overpowered, I hate to become a black sheep on this but who ever is wasting their time making all their dps classes now is, just wasting their time. I'd lvl your tank/ healing classes now because you never know if you're going to be the next resto druid, also people underrate them just because they're a very different playstyle, if you're a healer or tank though dunguen ques are extremely fast you'll lvl faster than a dps character normally would if that's your prefered way, I personally prefer bg lvling during weekends.

PoS is significant easier than HoR (oh boy, HoR is usually instant leave for many players around the ilvl 245-264, while the lower tiers ilvl 200-232 are staying because they do not have something to loose), but still, sometimes i found hard to do, its group depended, it needs some good DPS etc..
    Got a Warlock as a main, a Druid and a DK at 80 as alts and lvling a Rogue..

"You are only as good player, as the guild you are into"

Quote Originally Posted by Blastro View Post
    The way Blizzard is currently making healing and tanking more attractive is making both specs overpowered and it's pretty obvious they have done it for alot of classes, when the Death Knight class first appeared they were overpowered,later they were nerfed once there was a good balance. so when people don't play tanks or healers enough, especially a specefic class they tend to make it overpowered. Protection paladin and protection warriors are both decently overpowered, I hate to become a black sheep on this but who ever is wasting their time making all their dps classes now is, just wasting their time. I'd lvl your tank/ healing classes now because you never know if you're going to be the next resto druid, also people underrate them just because they're a very different playstyle, if you're a healer or tank though dunguen ques are extremely fast you'll lvl faster than a dps character normally would if that's your prefered way, I personally prefer bg lvling during weekends.
    ???
    either that's some good stuff your smoking ... or you need to open a window and let in some fresh air. Ya, Blizz is making tank/heals OP so they queue ... mmm, don't think so. Part of the issue is, heals and tanks get the brunt of the grief if something goes wrong. Doesn't matter why or what happened, it's the tanks/heals fault. Not holding threat? Tank. (Ignore any dps that pull 2 groups from opposite directions or drop AoE before the tank has any threat) Dps dies? (who grab'd aggro), Heals fault. (and you got no heals because the tank was taunting something off you, but you had 3 things on ya and 1 was on the healer interrupting the heal you needed). If the tank/heals is poorly geared or played, give them a break, change the pace of your damage. If you bitch them out, and then spend 20-30 min in a queue, it might be because there's one less tank or healer joining LFD. I get into a dungeon with my 5k+ gs toon and get a 3K gs tank or heals. If I'm on my Ele shaman, I stop dps and help out heals when needed. If I'm on my hunter, misdirect to the tank, drop frost/freeze traps in front of the healer, if the tank is "overwhelmed" and can't get something off the healer ... distracting shot and run.

As to leveling faster ... I get more xp from turning in quests than dungeon finder. And once you hit 80, where most primary and many 2ndary toons are, leveling fast is not the issue.

Terrible, terrible, terrible idea. I wish I had the time to explain in details how terrible it sounds to me but I hope you've found that out by yourself now.

Deleted
    you wont need extra emblems for dps extra cue time in cata, as theres a cap on emblems earned in x time. Unless im mistaken, i may be o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Optoclopt View Post
    you wont need extra emblems for dps extra cue time in cata, as theres a cap on emblems earned in x time. Unless im mistaken, i may be o.O
    I do believe emblems all together are going away in favor of points, and yes I do believe there is a cap on the amount of points you can get a day...not sure though.

Sorry to the OP! It sucks when that happens and all I can say is it isn't a prefect system but sometimes even in the game its unfare.

The are many problems w/the LFG system thou. Loot is an issue. Shortage of Heals/tanks and bad players w/high GS and well....GS in general is bad.

People roll a tank for a few reasons, that is the main they chose and at this point no one needs the badge grind so you don't often see the "good" tanks using thier main any longer.

They have an off set and this is bad, that was for an insta que and they are bad or don't give a shit. Its a badge thing and a que thing.

Its an newer toon or a "lets reroll" project and the tank is undergeared, DPS doesn't wait any longer, they are used to good tanks and the insta glue aggro. Lesser geared tanks have to work, plus you have the "gogogo" crew who pulling shit and say, move faster, I'm busy. Tanking is not fun at this point of wrath w/the spoiled childern and high GS baddies that think its your job to bow down to them and fix thier eff ups. Remove the mob from them after they blow the mob off your D&D conc or shockwave w/knock back and say L2play. That leaves the poor healer to try to save the groups butt cause the tank lost aggro do dumb!

There are a few key elements to a 5 man, team work (I know novel idea) patience and a bit of kindness. That is what the LFG tool has taken from the game now. No on gives a shit, lets get my badges and jack the loot. oh and the tank was a baddie cause I pulled 3 groups, stood in the way of a pat and opened AoE before he touched any of them. God that tank sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Baygon View Post
    i remember someone mentioning a good idea a few weeks back about people who Queue as dps should get an extra emblem or 2 at the end due to the 3-4 times longer wait they have to endure to get into a dungeon, or even thinking of a way to make tanks and healers more likely to want to do dungeons.

I do think that being able to save your queue position like that would be a good idea considering how long dps must wait in a random dungeon system just to do what a tank or healer can get in 5 minutes or less, regardless though Cataclysm will be out in a few months and when that hits dps will easily get instant dungeons for a while due to people farming heaps.

If they do that everyone will queue as dps and queues will be even longer.

H:PoS might not be bad untill you get the random dps or healer that decides to asspull all the trash in hopes of getting a hilt drop. Or doesn't understand simple mechanics like if we are running to end of corridor, don't dps till we get to the end.

Speaking as the tank, go Fsck yourselves. If you want to have the trash all pulled say so, don't just starfall/blizzard/RoF/etc them and come run behind me to hide. I'll bubble them onto you in spite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think theres a cap you can get on the points for the highest quality gear, no cap on the lower points. Let me think, Heroism points is the lower stuff, while Valor points is hte higher stuff? Think that Valor is caped to a weekly amount, and Heroism is only time capped.

I'm not going anywhere near my tanks at the start of Cata. Every heroic is going to be 3 retarded DPS fighting to pull as many groups as they can and then blaming it on the tank/healer when everything one shots them. DPS are going to take a few months to learn about things like strategy, CC, manners, and aggro before the DF tool will be tolerable. The ADD kids are going to be bouncing off the walls every time you have to stop for one second. Its not going to be pretty.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I can't tell you how many times I've been in a group and I'm the last one to stay in it and I'm shoved to the back of the line because everyone else bailed.

The stupid thing is that these people are obviously wanting to queue for a random heroic, so why leave if it's only going to take you longer to find a group once you leave? If you stay in, you're at the front of the line. If you leave, you're at the end of the line. It's common sense to stay unless you just really don't wanna be in that dungeon.

Another thing I hate is the exact opposite of this previous situation. I was healing a random heroic and the other four party members were all in the same guild. Just before the last boss, they voted to boot me. I had been healing perfectly fine and hadn't said anything the entire instance, so it's not like I had provoked them to want to get rid of me. So I spent a good 30-40 minutes healing a group only to get booted and have to queue all over again.

This kind of stupidity wouldn't be near as common if it weren't in random groups. I think the random dungeon queue has ruined some people's level of courtesy for other players. If you were a jerk very many times with only players from your realm, no one would want to run with you. Now you can be a complete idiot and wipe your group and no reputation follows you.
    Last edited by Higg; 2010-09-07 at 02:57 PM.
    "Let's eat Grandpa!"
    "Let's eat, Grandpa!
    PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES

Not so long ago and yet everyone seems to have forgotten. Remember before RDF when you actually had to pug for heroics? Find a tank healer and this could take all day sometimes? Now people bitch at a 20 min wait at most.

Anyway a thing we have started doing on my server at least is premaking the group. We post in trade or lfg about needing a tank healer or dps partying up with 3+ people. Then queing. Makes for fast run, people are happy, you usually don't wanna piss off people you will run with again. Everyone has a good time.

One time it was pretty late and we lost a dps, the tank then queued, canceled it, then single queued Hor... i didn't even notice at the time..tricked me!

Anyway what botheres me is the people that have full tier9 badge gear and not one single gem/enchant..like what are you waiting for guy--sure you don't have to put in epic gems but come on put 300-400 gold into your gear to pretend like you care

---------- Post added 2010-09-07 at 04:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Keilith View Post
    Not so long ago and yet everyone seems to have forgotten. Remember before RDF when you actually had to pug for heroics? Find a tank healer and this could take all day sometimes? Now people bitch at a 20 min wait at most.
    Don't play on a low pop server, it is the worst experince you can have in wow.