Deleted

falric's vs rimerfang's weapon

I'm an orc prot warrior and I've just got falric's wrist chopper after tanking with rimerfang's claw for a good while.I am not exp soft capped(like 3.5% atm),and I would like to know which one is preferable.
    -Basic differences:
    1)Falric's has 31 block rating over rimerfang's 31 dodge.
    2)Falric's is an axe which means it boosts my exp by 5(racial passive)
    3)Falric's has 1.6 speed vs Rimerfang's 1.7.
    So the question actually should be:If 1) is a negative tradeoff(arises some math),is it worth the 2,3 boosts?
    Thanks in advance.

Block is pretty much useless when you enter any raid. On the other hand, +5 expertise due to racial is a VERY good thing, especially with your expertise rate. Speed isnt very relevant here.

I would go with Falric's. Block rating isnt too bad for heroic and if you step in a raid, well, unless you're in a severely undergeared group, you shoudnt be worried.

Deleted
    Its easy to replace them anyway, in ICC10 3 bosses drop a tanking weapon

Quote Originally Posted by K.Rool View Post
    Easy as in:

Having RNG work totally in your favor. Like to get accepted into an ICC10 pug with less than 5k gs to begin with. Then have the tanking weapon from Marrowgar with like less than 10% droprate drop. Then win the roll against the other tank that's the same class as you because that class is the current FotM. If the tanking weapon is all you're after and you lose it, you might as well quit the group. Because really, your group won't make it to Putricide, let alone Lich King.

If you have lower than 20% dodge rating, then go with the axe, as the dodge rating would be useless in ICC at least.
    I do apologies for any misspelling, this is mostly because for my mobilephone!

Deleted
    (Afk through Marrowgar10)

15+ Year Old Account
    axe for expertise imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Axe. I'd use it anyway, even if it wasn't for the expertise.

Sometimes I worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophrr View Post
    She can write a book about Druids! And call it... *sunglasses* ...'Eclipse'.
    YEEEAAAHHH

Quote Originally Posted by Grems View Post
    If you have lower than 20% dodge rating, then go with the axe, as the dodge rating would be useless in ICC at least.
    That is so much wrong and please refrain yourself for posting this kind of stuff.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    That is so much wrong and please refrain yourself for posting this kind of stuff.
    There is nothing inherently wrong with his advice, however not having 20% dodge is quite hard to do if you're even close to ready for icc.

Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post
    There is nothing inherently wrong with his advice, however not having 20% dodge is quite hard to do if you're even close to ready for icc.
    You're right, i read that too fast. My bad.
    Last edited by Alianthos; 2010-09-07 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K.Rool View Post
    Been tanking 6 icc10 men raids by now. Never dropped and neither did the shield in any raids I have been.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking at both items, without taking the racial into account, the sword wins outright. Even with the racial, it'd still be a close call. I'd still go for the sword, just because it looks sexy.

Edit: Also, Heroic POS is muuuuuuuch easier to complete than Heroic HOS, specially if your doing it through the dungeon tool.
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

well, ive always been told that you want to keep your dodge and parry ratings about even because bosses have diminshing returns on dodge / parry so if you dodge all the time and dont parry, then you cant dodge anymore. not sure if this is actualy true, just what top end geared tanks have always told me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corayo View Post
    well, ive always been told that you want to keep your dodge and parry ratings about even because bosses have diminshing returns on dodge / parry so if you dodge all the time and dont parry, then you cant dodge anymore. not sure if this is actualy true, just what top end geared tanks have always told me.
    Your "top end tanks" are a bunch of morons then. It totally doesn't work that way.

Yes, there are diminishing returns on dodge and parry. But what it means, is that every next point of parry/dodge RATING will give you less parry/dodge CHANCE. Dodge is mostly better to stack anyway, because it's that much better per point than parry.

Quote Originally Posted by Corayo View Post
    You don't seem to understand what diminishing returns on stats are.

It means as your rating gets higher, eat point of rating will give you less %. If your statement was true, druid tanks would never be used in a raid. They only have dodge.

Deleted
    Falrics imo

I heard warriors are pretty horrible in Cataclysm. I'd reroll now before it's too late

Quote Originally Posted by Sanxion View Post
    I heard warriors are pretty horrible in Cataclysm. I'd reroll now before it's too late
    Yep, if only Cata was still beta and the devs were still working at it. Too bad the warrior Cata suckiness slipped through. The devs were just blind. Blind, I say!