Thread: Hobbs style?

Hobbs style?

I watched the solo SM cathedral video and there was mention of a style named "Hobbes". Darkkiller also has a heroic Ramps video "Hobbes" style.
    My questions are: What is Hobbes style and where is the original Hobbes video?
    Answers would be aprreciated.
    You can`t dispel stupid.
    Mah armory:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Rainofpain

Hobbs is some nab on youtube who likes pulling big packs and AoE them down. Appearantly people enjoy watching it.

I "love" how he's pretentious enough to call simple body pulling "the hobbs way of pulling" like he invented the damn technique.

Quote Originally Posted by DWK View Post
    I "love" how he's pretentious enough to call simple body pulling "the hobbs way of pulling" like he invented the damn technique.
    There is a little more to it than that. but okey.

i can honestly say few things were more fun than finding him alone and wasting him not sure if he still plays or not

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Hobbs is some nab on youtube who likes pulling big packs and AoE them down. Appearantly people enjoy watching it.
    I think there's a few reasons why people find him so interesting. In his videos, he claims that he makes large amounts of gold from running these instances. People eat up ways on how to make gold. Also, it's somewhat entertaining to watch people pull large amounts of mobs and seeing the person come out alive with a giant gold ring around them of lootable mobs. It isn't hard to pull all of the mobs in SM Cath and still live anymore, but it was at the time when he was most popular.

The big groups of mobs is what kinda drew all the people into his videos, but as people watched his videos, they became interested in what he did in-game. Most of his videos later on became VLogs and it kept his viewers happy, and he would through in a "Hobbs Way of Pulling" video in there once in awhile.

Now he only puts out a video about once a month, and most of them tend to be him talking in RL about some random sh*t about gaming. It's pretty boring. The rest of his videos are him messing around in Beta. *Yawn*

He hits his target audience pretty well. No offense but his videos are more geared towards "mediocre" and casual players. These players do not theorycraft or even know what MmoChampion is. His videos are things that can be duplicated very easily and the lure of power leveling alts and making bank give these players reason to watch his videos. It's hard to believe it but there are a ton of players (and maybe even a majority) that have trouble even doing ten man ICC and these people can relate to Hobbs.