Holy - Inappropriately itemized, but upgrades? Maybe?

I apologize if this has been covered before, but I had little luck in researching this on my own. I was chit chatting with a friend about the fact that I wear 264 legs, and explained that there were no 277 legs with haste, that I wasn't about to gimp my healing by 100 haste for the plate healing legs just because of the ilvl. He mentioned that there ARE 277 legs with haste, off Fester... with hit.

Then I was browsing the vile pickle BiS list, and noticed H Rigormortis there, hit and all, neatly placed above my beloved H Lockjaw. I do not agree with everything on that list, though I think overall it was a job well done. So I wouldn't run to Prof at the next chance and scoop it up just because some BiS list somewhere told me to... but it did get me thinking.

Taking a H Rigormortis over H Lockjaw would give me:
    13 int
    15 haste
    95 sp
    with a loss of 29 mp5 in favor of 50 hit

Taking H Plaguebringer's Stained Pants over Lightening-infused Leggings would give me:
    (and yes, I am aware the cloth legs are better, but my mail has my bf's name on my pants!)
    16 int
    16 haste
    23 sp
    with a loss of 92 crit in favor of 104 hit

I know full well that hit is useless to me, and I'm not convinced that the extra int/haste/sp on these pieces is worth the loss of actual useful stats... but I thought it was worth at least examining/discussing.

My armory, for anyone interested in looking... http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...of&cn=Amalthea

Keep in mind that I do not have access to H LK, or the legendary mace from Uld, and likely wont see either before cata.

Both of those are interestingly close. I think that the Hit weapon would be the most viable of the two examples. The SP gain is nice and the MP5 loss is minimal. You could make a case for this one, though I'd probably stick with Lockjaw. Especially if you already have it.

On the pants, the loss of 95 Crit is pretty significant and the gain is fairly minimal (it's even more minimal when compared to the cloth pants you should be wearing). I'd stay away from that one.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2010-09-07 at 07:57 PM. Reason: clarity
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Take the hit weapon, loosing 29 mp5 at that lvl of gear wont hurt, and in all those encounters where you get to melee the boss for mana it will ensure you dont miss, paying itself, where if you loose the crit for hit, u are loosing through output.

That's a terrible reason to take a weapon. 50 Hit will in no way "ensure you won't miss". In fact, given the infrequency with which we actually swing at the boss, the difference would be completely unnoticeable. 50 Hit is a zero value stat for a Holy Pally - or at least close enough so as to make any discussion about the "benefit of Hit" pretty ridiculous.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

maybe you are taking my response a little to harshly, all im saying is, there is a chance to improve our hit chance and minimize mana regen through seal of wisdom, over a complete lose in through output/regen threough ilumination

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmrdkm View Post
    maybe you are taking my response a little to harshly, all im saying is, there is a chance to improve our hit chance and minimize mana regen through seal of wisdom, over a complete lose in through output/regen threough ilumination
    There isn't a specific place where +Hit would be better than Crit or MP5 for throughput from SoW- We hardly are not chain-casting long enough to utilize it's affects, and if we weren't, you would not notice those 3-6 misses melee swings.

That's what I was thinking, that the legs weren't even really worth considering... that's just so much hit where other stats could be, and the bonus to the other stats is underwhelming. The sword is definitely more interesting.

Thank you for the input, I was just curious what you all thought.

...it's even more minimal when compared to the cloth pants you should be wearing
    Hey now, happy LW bf that gets a kick out of having his name on my pants > 8 haste, lol.
    Last edited by Taygete; 2010-09-08 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Missed something!

Hit is somewhat useful in the dispel mechanic and getting off your opening Judgement for the haste boost. I'd feel fairly confident in weapon choice, less so in the legs, but I reckon you could still make a case their. The biggest downside I'd see is the endless pug members /loling at your gear, that'd wind me right up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    Hit is somewhat useful in the dispel mechanic and getting off your opening Judgement for the haste boost. I'd feel fairly confident in weapon choice, less so in the legs, but I reckon you could still make a case their. The biggest downside I'd see is the endless pug members /loling at your gear, that'd wind me right up.
    Except Cleanse does not miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    Except Cleanse does not miss?
    Exactly. Cleanse cannot miss, but it can be resisted, however, I don't think hit rating would help that :P

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    That's a terrible reason to take a weapon. 50 Hit will in no way "ensure you won't miss". In fact, given the infrequency with which we actually swing at the boss, the difference would be completely unnoticeable. 50 Hit is a zero value stat for a Holy Pally - or at least close enough so as to make any discussion about the "benefit of Hit" pretty ridiculous.
    I both agree and disagree. 50 Hit will not ensure that you do not miss at all, BUT it's not zero value, it has some value even though it's really small and will most likely not be noticed. This is kinda like the Divine Intellect discussion they're having in the rate the ret thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elessa View Post
    Exactly. Cleanse cannot miss, but it can be resisted, however, I don't think hit rating would help that :P
    In PvE, Cleanse will never miss or be resisted.
    In PvP, your Spell Penetration and Spell hit chance do not reduce the overall chance the MM hunter has of you removing his Serpent Sting.

Maybe it's just PvP, but there's a blue post explaining how hit effects cleanse. It has to do with the level difference between you and the person who cast the debuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    Maybe it's just PvP, but there's a blue post explaining how hit effects cleanse. It has to do with the level difference between you and the person who cast the debuff.
    Thats if it is an offensive dispel, which is calculated with normal spell hit and school resistances (I.e. with enough Arcane resist, you can "resist" Spell Steal).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    In PvE, Cleanse will never miss or be resisted.
    In PvP, your Spell Penetration and Spell hit chance do not reduce the overall chance the MM hunter has of you removing his Serpent Sting.
    that is because you would need to stack a massive 30% hit or something to overcome the dispell resistance (improved stings).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    that is because you would need to stack a massive 30% hit or something to overcome the dispell resistance (improved stings).
    No- That is a failed dispel, not a resisted dispel.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWWiki
    Fails are treated differently. They are calculated per buff and can also occur when dispelling friendly targets. There is an innate chance that this happens (however, this might be a bug). In addition, dispel resistance can be used to increase the chance, such as from Silent Resolve. Due to fails being calculated separately for each buff, a dispel which would remove two buffs could eliminate one buff while retaining the other. On spell hit procs are not affected by fails. As such, a Dispel Magic (rank 2) can trigger a proc even though it fails at removing both buffs.
    Source=http://www.wowwiki.com/Dispel

I've had Cleanses on LK that don't work. Animation goes, sound plays, but no Cleanse.

I'm almost positive I've read Blues saying that Cleanse can fail and that it's not something they particularly like.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>