10+ Year Old Account

Question Trinkets for a new Ret?

I hit 80 last week and am gearing through badges/the new 5 mans/Heroics and I am having trouble picking trinkets to use.

I would get the Frost Emblem one (Herkumi War Totem or something like that), but I am saving for my T10 stuff. I was thinking the Mirror of Truth or the Brewfest one (seeing as Brewfest is coming up) but I'm still not sure. It seems like all the trinkets have ArPen on them. Banner of Victory, Needle Encrusted Scorpion, etc.

Am I missing something here? Or am I truly screwed until I can get into some ICC/ToC runs for Death's Choice/WFS/Abom Jar?

Thanks for any help!

15+ Year Old Account
    Your starter trinkets would be a DMC:Greatness and a Mirror of Truth. Depending on what pugs you get into, you can grab a few trinkets, namely DC/V, before starting ICC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks a ton! I will get the Mirror right away then. DMC:G is still like 4 or 5k gold on my realm, which sucks, but that's life I suppose, haha.

Exp one from ToC10, Greatnes, Mirror, best options

Else go with a Battlemasters

whatever you do, please dont get needle encrusted scorpion

The Mark of supremacy > isn't a bad choice > its not wonderful > but you will no doubt end up with excess triumphs from grinding. Will also help you out if your a litte shy on Hit rating.

Definately Mirror of Truth, DMC:Greatness if u can afford.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    whatever you do, please dont get needle encrusted scorpion
    As noobish as it is, if it's between NES and my JC trinket that I currently have equipped I may just use NES, haha.

I didn't think of the Battlemaster ones, I'd feel like a dork using a PVP trink in PVE, but if it's an upgrade...

---------- Post added 2010-09-07 at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Beno View Post
    The Mark of supremacy > isn't a bad choice > its not wonderful > but you will no doubt end up with excess triumphs from grinding. Will also help you out if your a litte shy on Hit rating.

Definately Mirror of Truth, DMC:Greatness if u can afford.
    (sorry for double post)

I am actually a bit low on hit, so I'll grab that right away then.

NES isnt that bad for starting mainly because of the crit but the arp proc is useless

the best way to know where to get the best gear you can get is using rawr, assuming you can honestly tell what you can possibly drop (i.e. forget Sharpened Twilight Scale heroic if you are a fresh 80).

to do it just download rawr and open it

load your character with your current gear and spec (you have to logout 10-20 minutes if you changed something since your last login)

fill this with your character name, server and region

once it's loaded, click on one of your trinkets to show a list of nearly all wotlk trinkets, ordered by dps.

just scroll down the list until you find one you can possibly get (mouseover it to know where it drops), the higher it is on the list the better.

you can use the same way to upgrade any slot

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    NES isnt that bad for starting mainly because of the crit but the arp proc is useless
    The proc is "less then optimal", ArP isn't 100% useless, it isn't Spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheExodus View Post
    As noobish as it is, if it's between NES and my JC trinket that I currently have equipped I may just use NES, haha.

I didn't think of the Battlemaster ones, I'd feel like a dork using a PVP trink in PVE, but if it's an upgrade...

---------- Post added 2010-09-07 at 06:52 PM ----------

(sorry for double post)

I am actually a bit low on hit, so I'll grab that right away then.

Thats is, put it on your action bars, boss fights, pop wings, pop trinket, go nutters

10+ Year Old Account
    My lord, I've played this game for years and I forgot about Rawr. Didn't it used to be Druid BiS only?

Downloading now!

I'll probably pick up the Triumph hit Trinket first, and then the Mirror. No one on my server is selling a DMC:G, grr.

Thanks for the help guys!

if you have access to algalon, i would say go for the trinket from him not sure if it was 10 or 25 man. If you don't wanna blow 5k gold on a trinket you'll replace in 2-3 months anyway, go with mirror of truth and the frost one(hyrmakles or something name slips my mind outta game time for 2 weeks.) Cause in all honesty this close to cata and your paladin in new, i wouldn't worry to much about trinkets and mostly worry about what weapon you have.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Deffintly get mirror. At this point in the expantion I'd not waste the gold no a dmc:g. Cata events are startig to roll out. He brewfest trinket is actually a good option, but inherent meantme try to get a dc or even in a pug icc25 go for deah bringers will. Yeah, it is better for others but in a pug who cares?
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    Deffintly get mirror. At this point in the expantion I'd not waste the gold no a dmc:g. Cata events are startig to roll out. He brewfest trinket is actually a good option, but inherent meantme try to get a dc or even in a pug icc25 go for deah bringers will. Yeah, it is better for others but in a pug who cares?
    considering it's changing to crit it'll be great for us.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Well, there is still the proc that is unpredictable.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

eh i'll take it, then again i'll replace it at 83 so what can yeah do.

10+ Year Old Account
    A little off-topic:
    Yeah it does feel rather futile to gear a new character at this point, but it'll be fun to raid with my first plate class for a while. What DOES suck is I'm learning the current Ret setup when it's changing completely soon, haha.
    On-topic:
    I hope they still have the same trinkets from Brewfest as they did last year, because I could use the Stam trinkets too!

Quote Originally Posted by TheExodus View Post
    A little off-topic:
    I hope they still have the same trinkets from Brewfest as they did last year, because I could use the Stam trinkets too!
    they'll probably have them just tuned to level 85 like every year.

Quote Originally Posted by niteline View Post
    Exp one from ToC10, Greatnes, Mirror, best options

Else go with a Battlemasters
    that expertise trinket is near garbage, MoT is a ton better and requires no raiding to get to.