Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Paladin will wear what for Cataclysm?

I am really interested to know if Blizzard have announced any information around what look Paladins' tier sets will continue to be like (dress vs. pants)? Will it be dresses (tier set 8 and 10) or will it be with pants? Perhaps they want Holy to wear dresses, and Retribution and Protection to wear pants? Or perhaps 50% of the tier is dress and 50% is pants?

Please share anything Blizzard has mentioned around this subject, thanks.

As far as I am aware, the only tier sets people have any idea about yet are the Warrior and the Hunter, which is based on the Concept Art that players have found for them. In the Wrath of the Lich King Collector's Edition the art book contained a number of designs for the Tier 8 gear in the back though, so this could shed some light on the subject when it is released.

Since the Raids themselves have not been released yet for testing and there are no blue posts on the subject, I am afraid that as of now there isn't really any information on them.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    One thing we do know; based on the concept arts said above is that the first tier will be elemental style looking. I assume the paladin set to be no different.

Deleted
    Firstly i hope GC sticks to his promise when he replied my query with "Paladins will get Golden back". I am sick and tired of drab, medieval and rather ominus looking armour sets for Paladins... We not have something more "suited". I mean just look at the DK T10.5.

Secondly i am holy and whilst i will probably drop my off-spec holy for RET in cataclysm i am sick and tired of skirts for essentially "HOLY KNIGHTS". Come on blizzard, if i wanted to wear a robe i would roll priest or druid.

The only skirt suit i ever liked with Judgement. People often smash the argument of T8 "please!!!!"... They did that with T10 this time, why not close the god damn faceplate?

It's little things like that, anyway the purpose of this rant is... I am holy and i HATE kilts/skirts/robes. Please if anyone important is here, please for the love of GOD... Don't give us friggin kilts.

Quote Originally Posted by Uridawnblade View Post
    Firstly i hope GC sticks to his promise when he replied my query with "Paladins will get Golden back". I am sick and tired of drab, medieval and rather ominus looking armour sets for Paladins... We not have something more "suited". I mean just look at the DK T10.5.

Secondly i am holy and whilst i will probably drop my off-spec holy for RET in cataclysm i am sick and tired of skirts for essentially "HOLY KNIGHTS". Come on blizzard, if i wanted to wear a robe i would roll priest or druid.

The only skirt suit i ever liked with Judgement. People often smash the argument of T8 "please!!!!"... They did that with T10 this time, why not close the god damn faceplate?

It's little things like that, anyway the purpose of this rant is... I am holy and i HATE kilts/skirts/robes. Please if anyone important is here, please for the love of GOD... Don't give us friggin kilts.
    ummmm well considering what is arguably the best tier set in the game (t2-judgment) and especially the best look for paladins then I wonder why people like the plated skirt?

no more skirts please, my fat dwarf doesnt like them.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    WTB the low level gear where you wear trouses and BH only. So mad.

10+ Year Old Account
    either t2 (honestly really badass looking) or t4/5 for the giggles
    the later would be really awesome since i don't play one and would give me the most giggles in return :->

and pants vs skirt:
    I think we're getting really to that point which personal favour it delivers most. In my opinion love the skirts. I love it on my shaman and i like to see it on a paladin, if well textured ofc.
    Captain Endriel and his fearsome crew!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenko View Post
    ummmm well considering what is arguably the best tier set in the game (t2-judgment) and especially the best look for paladins then I wonder why people like the plated skirt?
    Well you see the problem here is blizzard came up with an awesome looking armour set for Paladins, this was during the time of people like Samwise... People who wanted Paladins to look cool.

I mean just look at this awesome sauce:

See this armour set makes the kilt totally bearable, in fact it looks awesome.

If we can have something like that again, i would love kilts. But please, no more dark, gloomy and horrid looking armour. Please!

Male Belf Paladins will continue to cross-dress under their armour, which is all we really need to know

Just more support for outfitter type thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike View Post
    Male Belf Paladins will continue to cross-dress under their armour, which is all we really need to know
    i know every rose has it's thorns, but if you'd just pour some sugar on me, we could rock and roll all night and party everyday.

i would like to see an actual warrior of light set, maybe a cross between tier 6 and tier 2, and some tier 8 in there, those three sets are what blizzard should be basing all paladin models on imo.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    ... is it even physically possible to walk while wearing a plate kilt that reaches your ankles? I hate skirts!!!!! i was never a fan of T-2 but thats the ONLY skirt i would wear if i had the whole set...

Anything with a pink texture!

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    ... is it even physically possible to walk while wearing a plate kilt that reaches your ankles? I hate skirts!!!!! i was never a fan of T-2 but thats the ONLY skirt i would wear if i had the whole set...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surcoat

Ankle length is a bit much though - should really be more of a knee thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    ;/?

Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    I am really interested to know if Blizzard have announced any information around what look Paladins' tier sets will continue to be like (dress vs. pants)? Will it be dresses (tier set 8 and 10) or will it be with pants? Perhaps they want Holy to wear dresses, and Retribution and Protection to wear pants? Or perhaps 50% of the tier is dress and 50% is pants?

Please share anything Blizzard has mentioned around this subject, thanks.
    Blizzard hasn't said anything about the future sets, but they did mention that they want to keep both options open. So you will probably see some tiers with skirts and some withouth. (which is the best solution I think, since I like skirts and pants on my pala)

Furthermore, if I were to guess, I'd say theyd continue the WOTLK pattern:
    first tier: pants (T7)
    second tier: skirt (T8)
    third tier: pants (T9)
    fourth tier: skirt (T10)

Hope they keep up this pattern!
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

idc as long as you don't steal my shammy kilt stay away or i will frost shock u
    (Insert something witty about me being in beta)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaseladen View Post
    Sounds like someone got turned down for a date by a dragon aspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT ME AND MBSAAN'S NEW INTERNET FRIENDSHIP. -hijacked!-

Could always get the naked bug and be be naked!!