Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rend View Post
    You make about as much sense as someone saying RMP isnt OP.
    Here's the thing, it's not.

Unless you're speaking in cataclysm, because the priest barrier is pretty much a Divine Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Escargon Gesu View Post
    Dont take this as a whine or QQ post!

My fire mage got 1150* resi, and i got crit 8000 heroic strike+7000 mortal strike from a warrior, thats over 50% of my life in a instant and im almost full wrathfull minus the offhand(which is a 77 epic lol!)

But no, after seeing the lvl 83 items, oh crap that hammer is alot better than shadowmourne.
    I dont think i gonna play in Cataclysm>< i want s2 in TBC back! (Even if SL SL warlocks were OP their like prot warriors these days)
    Do i get this right? A BOOMKIN/FIREMAGE is complaining about warriors burst? Really? 15k HS/MS combo? Really? (*cough* massive bullshit *cough*)

I mean is it really a mage complainging about MSing warriors? I mean really?

And you have 1150 resi?

I am sorry....but the amount of *shit* in your post stinks up the univers.

A fire mage/boomkin complaining about warriors... i mean seriously....warriors?

I mean i maybee get the boomkin thing...but complaining about warrior burst?
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2010-09-12 at 10:00 AM.

What are you talking about ? Pvp has been stupid since the release of TBC.

I love PvP, especially BGs(my main got 300000 kbs), i dont like arena anymore cause its like a 0 skill duel all the way, but my druid got merciless gladiator as a double 2v2 moonkin team in s2 i think in TBC. Skills ftw!
    I nerdragequited arena in s3 cause it was a 95% chance we would meet a resto druid+warrior, thats when pvp really got stupid.

As many knows, the burst in pvp today is way to much.

My fire mage got 1150* resi, and i got crit 8000 heroic strike+7000 mortal strike from a warrior, thats over 50% of my life in a instant and im almost full wrathfull minus the offhand(which is a 77 epic lol!)

Not to mention subt rogues with their 8k ambush followed by 5k backstab 5k backstab.

Well my main spec is frost, but i wanted to try something else and man resi do suck.

Well you dont wana hear my life story.

This may sound like a QQ thread but dont take me wrong!

I thought Blizzard finally got it. The burst damage is way to high. I thought they were gonna buff our life to 65000, nerf healers in pvp and not change our damage output at all, which would bring back the skills in pvp.

But no, after seeing the lvl 83 items, oh crap that hammer is alot better than shadowmourne.

Why Blizzard, why did you have to ruin it?

Looks like we gonna have a 25000-30000 crit party in pvp.

Am i wrong?

I dont think i gonna play in Cataclysm>< i want s2 in TBC back! (Even if SL SL warlocks were OP their like prot warriors these days)
    Lol 8k ambush and 5k backstabs into 1100 resil? No ones going to take your post seriously if your just going to lie. Fair enough if you don't like arena but its hardly a no skill duel. 2v2 is a joke and is unbalanced try 3's if you want skill. Ofc team comp. will always play a big role but its hardly no skill. The highest burst damage in the game atm is coming from wizard comps. I.e 2 caster and 1 healer. Basically it sounds like your commenting on something you don't have a clue about.

---------- Post added 2010-09-12 at 11:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daemaro View Post
    Solution. Take Arena out of the game. One step closer to getting rid of terrible resilience. Resilience is a coushin for people who can't use their abilities to survive. PvP was so much better when you had to be aware of what you were doing, aware of who was around you, and know when to pop a cooldown. It used to be if you were a clothy and heard a rogue you went on the defensive and tried to break his stealth, now you can just sit there and pick your teeth while he does nothing to you in your max resilience gear then heal yourself to full and roflstomp him.

This post is mostly toward world pvp/pvp in pve gear like it used to be.

Sorry for running off on a tangent I just miss it.
    Like it used to be? I have a feeling you didn't play in vanilla because without resil it was o shit a hunter 2k aimed shot 1k arcane dead. Nevermind a tier 2 -3 geared rogue ambushing you for 75% hp. Resil is good and that is a terrible post.[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by row; 2010-09-12 at 11:01 AM.

Here's some added wtf pvp might be crazy in cata for you all to enjoy

Hunter

Warrior (prot)

gimpy affliction lock, I've had one drain life for 17-19K but this gives you an idea (you only get like 1/5th the damage in hp back)

Deleted

To OP:

Your logic is completely wrong.

Stop looking at the numbers for the crit, and look at the %

Hahahaha, a mage crying about overpowered classes, playing the most annoyingly op and cc crazy class in the game. Just go 5s, get 3 others casters and a healer and behold the free 2500 rating while you laugh and oneshot anything.
    Or retarded spellcleaves in 3s for that matter aswell. You are the only shitty classes that can global anything and have completely ruined arena. In 3s or 5s warrs are virtually non-existent in my battlegroup, cus any tard caster can bring icc gear into arena with 2 million haste and instagib anything. I got 2.2k in 5s as a dk, and 2.2k in 3s recently. And I tell you, its a pure utter nightmare to arena against nothing but clueless spellcleaves rng'ing themselfes through the top teams.
    Try playing a warrior in 3s or 5s, or a rogue, or ret pallie, then come back here and cry at all the shitty mages and (insert random caster here) that oneshot ur teammembers in deep freezes.

Deleted
    Sorry, haven't read the whole thread, BUT...

Didn't they remove crit reduce from resi?

10+ Year Old Account
    It will only get more stupid as resiliance no longer reduces your chance to be crit, cannot help thinking this is more of a benifit to melee than casters. Hell my pala can be sittin on 1.2k res (not atm tho, need some pve gearz for mana QQ) and makes like no dif against rogues and warriors when it comes to crits....crits and more crits! So u might wanna qq a lil more, esp as a clothie....

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Comby View Post
    Hahahaha, a mage crying about overpowered classes, playing the most annoyingly op and cc crazy class in the game. Just go 5s, get 3 others casters and a healer and behold the free 2500 rating while you laugh and oneshot anything.
    Or retarded spellcleaves in 3s for that matter aswell. You are the only shitty classes that can global anything and have completely ruined arena. In 3s or 5s warrs are virtually non-existent in my battlegroup, cus any tard caster can bring icc gear into arena with 2 million haste and instagib anything. I got 2.2k in 5s as a dk, and 2.2k in 3s recently. And I tell you, its a pure utter nightmare to arena against nothing but clueless spellcleaves rng'ing themselfes through the top teams.
    Try playing a warrior in 3s or 5s, or a rogue, or ret pallie, then come back here and cry at all the shitty mages and (insert random caster here) that oneshot ur teammembers in deep freezes.
    Agreed.

TBH melee need justice more than ranged... And right now, Its still looking like world of rangecraft, though I am liking the dk pet changes.

Resto druid Warrior isn't hard, at least for teams acompanied with a healer, that's my experience. Weapons aren't what makes you deal a lot of damage, it's the combined attributes from your gear, and the lack of defence on your enemies. Bursting you down instantly won't be even remotely possible since the health pools are getting massively increased. And unless that ''hammer'' is 3 times better than shadowmourne, we won't see 25k crits on the endgame weapons
    Soon: Copyright 2004-2011 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, or future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SP33D14 View Post
    Resto druid Warrior isn't hard, at least for teams acompanied with a healer, that's my experience. Weapons aren't what makes you deal a lot of damage, it's the combined attributes from your gear, and the lack of defence on your enemies. Bursting you down instantly won't be even remotely possible since the health pools are getting massively increased. And unless that ''hammer'' is 3 times better than shadowmourne, we won't see 25k crits on the endgame weapons
    Dont play Resto druid/warrior, but anyway Im not quite sure on what you're saying with the end game weapons, Because they will probably be hitting for more, because hp will be even higher

Deleted
    Let's just hope cata ain't dominated by Wizards

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rend View Post
    Dont play Resto druid/warrior, but anyway Im not quite sure on what you're saying with the end game weapons, Because they will probably be hitting for more, because hp will be even higher
    No. They upped the health pools by a bigger percentage then damage to prevent globaling and 3 shotting.

10+ Year Old Account
    The arena season in which oneself received a gladiator title is always the one that required most skill. True story.

In Cata, I want to be able to do what I can currently do - kill all melee as resto druid. Most caster classes should be able to handle me 1v1, if they are really good at what they do. They all have counters. I like this balance. Let's keep it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    In Cata, I want to be able to do what I can currently do - kill all melee as resto druid. Most caster classes should be able to handle me 1v1, if they are really good at what they do. They all have counters. I like this balance. Let's keep it.
    You like this balance?

Are you saying that being able to kill any melee and surviving against any caster unless they are really good is balanced..?

Hate to tell you but, no, it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    How does this have anything to do with... anything? This post makes no sense.

They haven't even started tuning numbers yet (GC said this will happen in the next several weeks). Once they do, they can tune the pvp damage how they want to.

---------- Post added 2010-09-09 at 07:53 PM ----------

EVEN before the TUNING, the largest crit I've seen is 38k, and that was a Templar's Verdict which you can't do often. The standard 85 hp pool is around 90k. After tuning, it will be even better, I'm sure.
    can't do TV's that often? in pvp you'll get one off every 9 seconds or so. not to mention hunters hit harder than pallies anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all been pretty well summed up. I expect it to be a massive improvement, especially if I'm correct in thinking heroism abilities can't be used in arenas.
    Also OP's post is contradictory. Seems like you just need more mage experience.