Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Is it bad that I saw the Guild PVP achievements and immediately wanted to go play some CS:Source?
    Rinfa on Blackwater Raiders. Account currently inactive due to deployment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skyesfury View Post
    So glad Horde won't be getting that horrendous lion as a guild mount. With so much time left before Cata goes live, I sincerely hope that's not the final version of Alliance's guild mount. The poly count is so low it makes it horribly ugly.

The Scepter of Az'Aqir, though... Bug mount? Or will it be a mount that looks like the Nerubians? Or something else? Very curious and anxious to see it.

As for the rest, so much to look forward to, both good and bad. XD
    The flavour text lends itself to the unevolved ancestor of the Qiraj/Nerubians before the civilisations were seperated.

Deleted
    Why do they have to bring back the old titles instead of simply coming up with new ones? I've been proud of my Lieutenant General (rank 11) title for years as it shows that my character has been around since the old days. Now we'll be seeing random keyboard-turner #5833 running around with his High Warlord title going "omg lol im high werlord now so pro lol".

I was hoping that the old players would be receiving the Veteran/Hero of the Horde/Alliance title as a compensation but I found out now that they aren't.

There's nothing left to show who is a veteran or who just started playing 6 months ago anymore, which is truly a shame in my opinion.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by vanillaWoW View Post
    Why do they have to bring back the old titles instead of simply coming up with new ones? I've been proud of my Lieutenant General (rank 11) title for years as it shows that my character has been around since the old days. Now we'll be seeing random keyboard-turner #5833 running around with his High Warlord title going "omg lol im high werlord now so pro lol".

I was hoping that the old players would be receiving the Veteran/Hero of the Horde/Alliance title as a compensation but I found out now that they aren't.

There's nothing left to show who is a veteran or who just started playing 6 months ago anymore, which is truly a shame in my opinion.
    1. A bad keyboard turner will not get High Warlord, that requires a pretty high rating. Just because someone is newer to the game, does not mean they are automatically a keyboard turning idiot.
    2. The old PvP titles don't accomplish the goal of showing who is a veteran or not, as not every veteran player has an old PvP title. So really, there is no distinction in the first place.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be recognized as a veteran player, but PvP titles are not the place to look.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillaWoW View Post

100% Agree.

For 4 f***in years i've been proud Grand Marshal on our server.
    Grand Marshal meant a lot a time, a lot a BGs, a lot a skill (hey, remember, there weren't realmpools back then...).
    And now? Just like the arena titles every dumb retard will have it...

Seriously it's a slap in the face for everyone who did Rank 14 the "old fashioned way".
    I mean yeah, we all knew that blizzard is brining ridiculous stuff like 310% mounts and stuff just to bring 310% riding skill a few month later so everyone can have a 310% mount and so on...but seriously...giving our old PvP titles to some stupid nubs who probably didn't even play back in vanilla is a fu**in disgrace to the title...
    Deal with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    Agreed, for the most part. PvP titles back then really was just a mark of how much time was invested in BGs, with skill being a bonus, because you had to be gaining more HCP (honor contribution points) & HK (honorable kills) than other players in order to ascend through the ranks.

The part I do not agree with is that players with such titles are shameful. Bad system was bad system, not bad (usually) players.
    Yeah you're right, it was just a bad system. I was a little hard with the shame part. The guildy just pissed me off because they thought they were awesome because of their title, when in reality they were horrible at every class they ever tried. So i'm a tad bitter.

I do agree with the veteran title, though, to show who had a title since vanilla. Not very prestigious but shows that you are old school.

And some one mentioned this, but I highly doubt keyboard turners will be getting HWL or GM in cata... its more like the other way around.

So will some one be able to create an guild for himself to obtain the guild mount and other guild items? Or will he be force to join an real guild to obtain these items?

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
    *^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
    Last edited by Nathiest; 2010-09-11 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phibi View Post
    100% Agree.

For 4 f***in years i've been proud Grand Marshal on our server.
    Grand Marshal meant a lot a time, a lot a BGs, a lot a skill (hey, remember, there weren't realmpools back then...).
    And now? Just like the arena titles every dumb retard will have it...

Seriously it's a slap in the face for everyone who did Rank 14 the "old fashioned way".
    I mean yeah, we all knew that blizzard is brining ridiculous stuff like 310% mounts and stuff just to bring 310% riding skill a few month later so everyone can have a 310% mount and so on...but seriously...giving our old PvP titles to some stupid nubs who probably didn't even play back in vanilla is a fu**in disgrace to the title...
    In my guild i had few HW ranked players, even 1 of them had 3 HW title on 1 account. Its funny how ppl look at that as some waste of time and grinding, most of them never so wow vanilla bgs, never heard/played REAL premade BG, hell most of them today dont know what they need to do in bgs except running around and drooling for HK.

Face truth, Blizzard arent average company which would try to reward loyal customers which play this game from beginning( as leaving earned bg ranks to players would be atleast some sort of minimum) , Blizzard only look to the future and they make marketing plans/game content which can atract new, fresh players into game.

Other question which you can ask self, how come Blizzard never gave some concrete "value" to players which play this game for looong time, how come they never offered lets say 1 month free for lets say players which play longer then 2 year.
    Blizzard dont care for loyal long time customers.

sad but true. blizzard only trys to make the casuals happy. and hell they're doing a pretty fine job with it.

still i think everyone who's bashing the old pvp ranks never actually played back then. at least not pvp.
    sure it meant a lotta time...but with time alone you never could become #1 which was essential to get rank 14.
    you had to win your bgs and that was only possible with a good group.

it's not like today where u get your stuff even if u lose 100% of your BGs...

we had a win quote of at least 80% or even more. at some time we had 2 or 3 perm horde groups against us and some of them became 2800+ arena rating players which meant they sure weren't bad. but we managed to win our bgs anyway. so we couldn't be that bad either. so quit that "oh noez rank 14 was only time"-craptalk. yes you needed time, but you also had to win ;p

but ye...whatever. most people will never understand what this title meant.
    it was hard to get...and up to now it was something special.
    now it will be useless. just like any other stuff you busted your butt to get to.

i really wish they would at least leave a FEW things ingame which not every casual gimp can achieve.
    but whatever they put ingame becomes so easy after a while that everyone can get it...disappointing...
    Deal with it...

# King of the Mountain - Complete the Twilight's Hammer quest chain in Twilight Highlands up to and including Skullcrusher the Mountain.

Awesome. Someone over at Blizzard is a Jonathan Coulton fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Phibi View Post
    sad but true. blizzard only trys to make the casuals happy. and hell they're doing a pretty fine job with it.

still i think everyone who's bashing the old pvp ranks never actually played back then. at least not pvp.
    sure it meant a lotta time...but with time alone you never could become #1 which was essential to get rank 14.
    you had to win your bgs and that was only possible with a good group.

it's not like today where u get your stuff even if u lose 100% of your BGs...

we had a win quote of at least 80% or even more. at some time we had 2 or 3 perm horde groups against us and some of them became 2800+ arena rating players which meant they sure weren't bad. but we managed to win our bgs anyway. so we couldn't be that bad either. so quit that "oh noez rank 14 was only time"-craptalk. yes you needed time, but you also had to win ;p

but ye...whatever. most people will never understand what this title meant.
    it was hard to get...and up to now it was something special.
    now it will be useless. just like any other stuff you busted your butt to get to.

i really wish they would at least leave a FEW things ingame which not every casual gimp can achieve.
    but whatever they put ingame becomes so easy after a while that everyone can get it...disappointing...
    Today kids watch on BGs from current pov, and they dont understand what was like to play in old days:

1) you couldnt put in queue for 3 diferent bgs and meanwhile go questing and then in some 5 min you are invited into bg, on my old (first server) i waited for AV in average 45 min, imagine some1 today willing to play bg when you need to wait for so long

2) you didnt collect honor points and had them as currency for whole 1 season, you didnt know in 1 day how your ranking will be, you played and waited for next week and pray it will be more then some ppl which had similiar rank as you.

3)Pvp gear in old days wasnt something which were given to you on plate, especialy at your rank 14 while some ppl which were in good raiding guild could get BWL/MC gear every day of raiding AND that gear often was MORE powerfull then PVP gear.

4)I had friend there on old server, he played Arcane mage, with his BWL gear he could eat most of pvp geared ppl ONLY cause of his overbuffed pve gear. Today ppl dont understand in old days there werent ANY ress gear. Lets not talk how hard was to get as dedicated pvp player good weapon.

5) That bg players was true pvp players in old days, they dedicated whole game to pvp, in that days world pvp WAS LIVE and high ranked ppl were additional motivation to rest ppl in world pvp, every1 like to get hands dirty when they stumble on map some rank 14 person.

Im not HW/GM, i have only 2 chars with rank 10 after started to play more pve BUT still respect ppl like you which dedicated self in pvp, earned bloody hard your ranks and even respect more then todays arena players...

Thats it from me, stay well m8.
    Last edited by Maneken; 2010-09-11 at 12:14 AM.

Oh god. That Alliance guild mount is so, so gorgeous.

"So me and my roommate hear some roaring outside so we came out to look and it was the king of the fcking jungle! I almost sht my pants! Then we ran back in and called the Five O."

lol

I have to admit.. im so fucking glad im alliance now. OMFG that mount is gonna be so epic that.. yeah Horde better get something that decent for their mount.

Maybe a Kodo with wardrums and a Banner?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I have to admit.. im so fucking glad im alliance now. OMFG that mount is gonna be so epic that.. yeah Horde better get something that decent for their mount.

Maybe a Kodo with wardrums and a Banner?
    Could just me a lion for both sides and the greater push to World of Clonecraft!

Quote Originally Posted by arons4 View Post
    Prot Warriors just got nerfed. Hard. Seriously.
    because taunt is trainable at level 12?

Ok, so both side get the dark phoenix mount? Because Im gonna be sad if Alli gets a land mount and horde get's a flying mount lol

Deleted
    I am wondering when they will add the 125&150 mounts achievements + rewards o,0.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL /GASP UNDER THE DOUBLE RAINBOW. <3 Blizzard