Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Single Minded Fury spec [beta speculation]

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=D1lUOBtn.9zi.warrior

That's the current spec I'm looking at right now for Single Minded Fury. What do you guys think of it? I think putting the extra 2 points into Prot for 2/3 incite is a good idea, although I've seen some say it's not worth it, but I ask, what else is worth it?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    http://www.wowtal.com/#k=D1lUOBtn.9zi.warrior

That's the current spec I'm looking at right now for Single Minded Fury. What do you guys think of it? I think putting the extra 2 points into Prot for 2/3 incite is a good idea, although I've seen some say it's not worth it, but I ask, what else is worth it?
    Why would you pick up the Improved Charge?

Araxie posted what I will more than likely be speccing.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Araxie has the right PVE talent tree. Looks to be very cookie cutter too. I don't see any 'optional' filler talents that you can take unlike, say, combat rogues. Single-minded and titan's grip have identical trees aside from the talent themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Increased self healing>more rage on a charge? I don't see how self healing helps you raid

---------- Post added 2010-09-10 at 11:17 PM ----------

And our specs are near identical besides that talent.

Increased self healing>more rage on a charge? I don't see how self healing helps you raid
    Probably because in cata the healer's mana is going to be very important, so if they can heal you up in less heals to conserve mana, its better. Also, you probably wouldnt be using Charge as fury since it requires you to be in Battle stance. That would be a dps decrease than just using intercept (or if its on CD, using Heroic Fury to have it back up)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowtal.com/#k=B3x7-hScS.9zi.warrior

thats the spec im going for when leveling, havent decided spec for 85 raiding yet

Since when can fury warriors charge in combat?

You're much more likely to benefit from being healed in a raid than you will charge as a fury warrior, even at the start of a fight. Even if you do charge before every pull, so you get an extra 10 rage at the beginning of the fight?

6% extra healing in a raid > 10 extra rage at the start of a fight

Deleted
    As a raiding spec i would choose [Field dressing], i just don't see more rage for just one charge at the beginning then berserker and start hitting buttons, that, will probably go into loss of dps.

My first raiding spec will be like this:

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=BeBF2mN1_.9zi.warrior

I will choose this most probably just because i won't have the weapons i want at first so this way i maintain real feeling with [Incite] for a loss of dps from [Deep wounds]. At first, i will just try to get the feeling of the rotations of whichever weapons drop at my hand.

After some time i may like more TG o SMF, and also depending on DPS output of them, i will choose one of another.

For leveling i will go for max selfhealing.

But also Arms is atractive, we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by erpine79 View Post
    As a raiding spec i would choose [Field dressing], i just don't see more rage for just one charge at the beginning then berserker and start hitting buttons, that, will probably go into loss of dps.

My first raiding spec will be like this:

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=BeBF2mN1_.9zi.warrior

I will choose this most probably just because i won't have the weapons i want at first so this way i maintain real feeling with [Incite] for a loss of dps from [Deep wounds]. At first, i will just try to get the feeling of the rotations of whichever weapons drop at my hand.

After some time i may like more TG o SMF, and also depending on DPS output of them, i will choose one of another.

For leveling i will go for max selfhealing.

But also Arms is atractive, we'll see...
    Why would you spec into both TG and SMF? You're meant to spec into one or the other.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

You forget as Fury you can only use Charge at the start of the fight.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Deleted
    Why would you spec into both TG and SMF? You're meant to spec into one or the other.
    Read the full post...

Let's say i spec TG and i go heroics or first raid and only one-hand weapons drops for me, --> respec SMF.

Speccing both (just at the beginning...repeating post above...) allows me to instantly try SMF if only got a nice purple weapons, and also allows me to learn about both specs rotations just changing weapons, i don't mind loosing a bit of dps in the first raids.

15+ Year Old Account
    You guys have made some good points regarding self healing. I didn't take into consideration that healer mana will be an issue again. It's just been so long.
    I'll probably rework my spec for 85.

SMF hit cap

Will our hit cap be lower because we are handling 2x 1h rather than 2x 2h weapons?

Yeah regarding the self healing thing, You are receiving that bonus for enrage regen, blood thirst and all that gushy stuff...

hit cap should be close to the same, if not indentical, to how it was in TBC. atleast with SMF.

Deleted
    1.) Fury Warriors can't ever charge. If you can, then you trigger the boss before your tanks do it...
    2.) Increasing self healing and healing recieved helps you stay alive, which helps you and your raid. Plus, who does the most damage; a dead Warrior or a living Warrior?

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    1.) Fury Warriors can't ever charge. If you can, then you trigger the boss before your tanks do it..
    You could get a charge in each time you pull a boss, w/o getting killed if you know when to press the button, however you're right, a talent buffing charge in anyway for Fury is a waste.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Read the full post...

Let's say i spec TG and i go heroics or first raid and only one-hand weapons drops for me, --> respec SMF.

Speccing both (just at the beginning...repeating post above...) allows me to instantly try SMF if only got a nice purple weapons, and also allows me to learn about both specs rotations just changing weapons, i don't mind loosing a bit of dps in the first raids.
    You might not mind losing a bit of dps, but your raid leader might.
    Go Titans grip or Singleminded and pay the 50 gold for a respec, Damn, money is being thrown at you anyway, 1000 gold while leveling in Hyjal and that is without professionstuff.

Rotations are pretty much equal, you just have faster white hits and perhaps instantslams and heroic strike becomes more important, hitting those moves with both weapons.

Read the full post...

Isn't that what dual spec is for?