Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So if I were to cast VT... (4.0 question)

So I've just been thinking of ways to FORCE my enemy to dispel VT to cause Sin and Punishment to kick in... this may be really difficult and to much work.. but couldn't you...

1. Load your target up with dots... then silence.

2. Mind control your target and force dots to tick...

3. At the tale end of the Mind Control, use dispel on your MC'd enemy to try and force VT to get dispelled...

I mean it might be a bit of work, but if you could pull it off it'd be a deadly combo.

Thoughts?

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

can go wrong pretty easily, such as interupts, not dispelling the right thing, and they could trinket/iceblock/bubblehearth

Yeah but I rely on people being dumb.

And they usually are.

o_o

Er...if you MC'd them then dispelled it, YOU would get Horrored, too.

When your VT is dispelled, the dispeller and all nearby enemy targets within 10 yards have a 100% chance to be instantly feared in horror for 3 sec
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Hmmm if as Vook states oneself(+ your allies) would get horrored that would be quite fun xD if it works as OP wants it it would be hard to do but perhaps amazing if executed correctly.. but then again come cata MC has what? 2sec cast and VT 1.5s si thats 2+1.5+1 for dispell global for a 3s CC albait for more than one person.. but still..

Sounds like a cool approach to be honest, might work in duels to gain a few more seconds.
    Now these points of data make a beautiful line.

I would say trying to Mind Control someone and then using Leap of Faith could be quite interesting. You could pull them over and then use Psychic Scream.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I would say trying to Mind Control someone and then using Leap of Faith could be quite interesting. You could pull them over and then use Psychic Scream.
    wow, amazing idea
    <inactive>

If they break the Mind Control that's a good idea, unless Blizzard sees topics like this and decides that it's time to do something about that particular feature of Mind Control.

Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    can go wrong pretty easily, such as interupts, not dispelling the right thing, and they could trinket/iceblock/bubblehearth
    Bubble hearth is gone
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like to much work. I can see it maybe working if you "strolled" into one opposing faction. But doing it within a crowd, yea wouldnt work so well. Its a good thought though. : )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravegirl View Post
    Sounds like to much work. I can see it maybe working if you "strolled" into one opposing faction. But doing it within a crowd, yea wouldnt work so well. Its a good thought though. : )
    Actually, that would make it easier. No one notices DoTs as much as huge fireballs or a warrior hacking on you.

If I am not mistaken blizzard was considering putting a minor glyph or something to reduce the casting time of the hearthstone while using divine shield. (Might have missed something saying otherwise)

-Responding to Nikoll, must have done something wrong while trying to quote.
    Last edited by Spork7; 2010-09-13 at 04:01 AM.

Deleted
    sorry OP ,already tried that on live , dueled a friend of mine and tried to dispel VT from him while he is mc'ed to see if he can be dmged, tho it worked with swp , vt wouldnt dispel, kept getting the message : "there is nothing to dispel"...

Yeah I tried it on PTR, my theory doesn't work. Still such a nice ability though... in bgs, barely anyone dispells mt VT. In fact, in 3 full WSG's I don't think it was dispelled once.

I don't blame them... receiving damage and being silenced is one thing, but even I can bubble myself up and avoid the damage part of it...

Having control taken away from your character is something entirely different... people hate it.

thats exactly why sin and punishment is there, as a deterrent to people dispelling VT and making spriests inc damage a joke. Now im wondering, if people assume that VT does something bad when dispelled, does that mean we wouldn't have to invest the points there? Its an interesting thought considering most people will assume something like an aoe horror could lose games hence they wouldnt dispel it...

Honestly we would probably keep points in it anyway in order to get the cooldown reduction on Shadowfiend.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Honestly we would probably keep points in it anyway in order to get the cooldown reduction on Shadowfiend.
    Did not see that part of the talent, my bad =P

No worries, it was not originally there, it was added in a later build than the talent itself to make it attractive for PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Er...if you MC'd them then dispelled it, YOU would get Horrored, too.
    You could counter this with fear ward, though you prolly wouldn't wanna waste a fear ward on warlocks, other priests and perhaps warriors(intimidating shout).