View Poll Results: How will you level to 85?

Voters
318. This poll is closed
  • level through dungeons only

9 2.83%
  • level through dungeons only.

7 2.20%
  • level through questing only.

31 9.75%
  • 4) level through questing but hit every instance a couple of times

253 79.56%
  • 5) something else

18 5.66%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Question How will you level to 85?

Well... my orignal plan was to level via dungeonfinder (because I'm a tank and waiting times for dungeons don't really exist). Now I was viewing couple of videos, couple of podcasts and I have some buddies with a beta key who I'm regularly talking to.

now I heard a couple of things:

- dungeons are long. They are not the 15-30 minute instances as they were in wotlk.
    - dungeons are hard. They aren't exactly the AoE fests anymore. Even though, the wotlk instances were quite challenging as well with green/blue gear at the beginning, they still were quite easy compared with cataclysm dungeons.
    - Compared to the difficulty and the length, they give quite low experience (I heared a buddy saying a rough 5% of the level (he was 83 at the time) for a good 90 minutes vortex pinnacle.)
    - the quest areas are quite balanced and it seems to be intended to hit 85 when you're done with every single area. (some blue poster said that you need to do both uldum and twilight highlands to hit 85, IIRC.)

so basically there are couple of possibilities:

1) level through dungeons only. (dungeon finder, close to zero lore)
    2) level through dungeons only. (pure guild group, this ends up in questing in meantimes when not everyone is present)
    3) level through questing only. (no dungeons at all until 86, close to maximum lore)
    4) level through questing but hit every instance a couple of times, maybe for quests or some gear.
    5) something else

As I started above, my original plan was 1), but from what I've heared, I tend to do 3) after all - the dungeons can and will be done in thousands after we all hit 85 anyways...

so I'd like to know what you guys are planning to do - PoV of now... and maybe why

thanks,
    xeb

(edit: well, I messed up the poll options somehow how do i modify them? meh ...)
    Last edited by xebtria; 2010-09-12 at 07:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely 4.

the same way i level 1-80........................

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    - are long.
    - are hard.

Also. Thats what she said.

4, taking my time with leveling since arena season won't start for awhile probably.

I'm levelling via questing and only entering the dungeons when there are quests involved.
    There must be no retirement with our backs to the wall, And believing in the justice of our cause, Each one of us must fight on to the end.

We determine the guilty, We decide the punishment.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm leveling via Herbalism.
    8)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayla View Post
    i'm leveling via Herbalism.
    8)
    This

What about levelling by BG's (pvp)?

By collecting Xp through various ways :]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quiz View Post
    What about levelling by BG's (pvp)?
    That would, i guess, be "something else".

15+ Year Old Account
    Pure Questing

Deleted
    gonna take it nice and easy, getting through all the content, from lvl 1 and up

15+ Year Old Account
    Lots of quests and lots of instances

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

At the moment, dungeons aren't hard, but they aren't the 15minute AoE fest that goes on in Wrath Dungeons. Part of this is due to *most* people being in gear that is 3 tiers or more above the content, and part of this is due to the expansion being Wrath of The Area of Effect King.

Since dungeons require CC it takes more time to set them through. Add to the large exp jump required to hit 83 (1.6 Mil 81-82, 82-83 has 6.X Mil.) and you're going to want to do the quests and pick up some gear from dungeons when a quest requires you to go out that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll mostly be questing, but I'll hit dungeons when I have quests for them or when I get bored of questing. As resto I have pretty fast queues, so should be no problem.

How I level up? I'm gonna do 1 quest at a time til I hit 85.

15+ Year Old Account
    my main 2 characters, ill rush thru questing and instancing for some gear to get to 85 quickly. for the rest of my toons, depending on how much experience is needed between levels to 85, I may just finish up northrend so i can hit 85 earlier in cata and do those quests for gold. i sorta did that on my DK, and made a ton. After leaving the starting zone, i did loremaster of kal and EK, didnt start TBC til 65, and didnt start Northrend til 76 (hit 80 in dragonblight).

so we shall see

My plan is for the first two weeks (since usually the quests will be campt'd ) will be running instances (as Resto/Ele)
    Most likely resto while trying to get quests for the GS to get into the higher instances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Bolvar: Dammit! Kel'Thuzad, its happened again! I need you to go to get me more ice!
    Kel'Thuzad: But my master, the corner store is all the way in Kalimdor!

Quest through Hyjal/Vash'jir>Deepholm>Uldum>Twilight Highlands.