Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Affliction Cata Spec

Hey, i been fooling around on the PTR. Personally i love destro but it seems like on a single target burn fight (thinking of a typical patchwerk like fight) its going to be hurting in DPS compared to affliction.

I was fooling around and this is a spec a was using. The Spec

/discuss

Deleted
    Yes, it's fine. Discussion closed.

Just one thing, unrelated with your spec: check on a dummy which pet will be better, don't trust the "felhunter is for affliction".
    I saw lot of locks using the felhunter in naxx and nobody realized that the succubus was doing more damage.

PS: oh, and since you're on the PTR, post your results!

no add-ons in PTR i believe. And about to go out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jster View Post
    no add-ons in PTR i believe. And about to go out.
    recount is working in this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cty_cs70bgU

Quote Originally Posted by Yetzirah View Post
    Yes, it's fine. Discussion closed.
    Definitely this, the spec seems the most obvious. Though I do hope for the most part felhunter will be for affliction, I really have enjoyed having the felhunter as my primary pet. Of course this is just personal taste..

31 point talent trees leave no imagination, there is NOTHING else you can take as affliction for pve environment. its just boring and crap. Am goin demo in cata anyway, summoning meteors on peoples head ftw and a little more creativity in last few points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DotDotDot View Post
    31 point talent trees leave no imagination, there is NOTHING else you can take as affliction for pve environment. its just boring and crap. Am goin demo in cata anyway, summoning meteors on peoples head ftw and a little more creativity in last few points.
    Where is this creativity? Demo is basically this, with the only 'option' being Demonic Empowerment, which you can switch for a point in Master Summoner. Destruction is pretty equally constrained with this.

wel first i wouldnt take improved soul fire, above 80% health with 30sec internal cd? u may get the haste bonus twice in a fight before its below 80% health and then the talents a complete waste for the next 80% of the fight, demo emppowerment jus looks uselss for pve use now.
    i would take doom and gloom for more crit on bane of doom, as impending doom reduces its duration. or i would takin improved immolate, dont hav beta, cant see numbers, but improved soulfire jus looks like a gimic to me, i would rather focus on the entire fight or execute zones, not the first 20% of a fight.
    so demo has 3 talents u cud take differently. Afflic has None. and i dont care to much about destro, i never liked to playstyle.

generally tho, 31 point talent trees are generic and boring, personal opinion tho i jus think demo has more room and things to play with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever your thoughts on ISF (personally, with SB: Soul Fire it looks about the most interesting addition to the playstyle so far for me), Imp Immolate or Doom and Gloom, one of these talents is going to be 'the best' to pick, which ultimately removes that choice.

Quote Originally Posted by DotDotDot View Post
    wel first i wouldnt take improved soul fire, above 80% health with 30sec internal cd? u may get the haste bonus twice in a fight before its below 80% health and then the talents a complete waste for the next 80% of the fight, demo emppowerment jus looks uselss for pve use now.
    i would take doom and gloom for more crit on bane of doom, as impending doom reduces its duration. or i would takin improved immolate, dont hav beta, cant see numbers, but improved soulfire jus looks like a gimic to me, i would rather focus on the entire fight or execute zones, not the first 20% of a fight.
    so demo has 3 talents u cud take differently. Afflic has None. and i dont care to much about destro, i never liked to playstyle.

generally tho, 31 point talent trees are generic and boring, personal opinion tho i jus think demo has more room and things to play with.
    The major reason behind 31pt talent trees is that we are getting too many talents at the moment, so reducing it was a good choice. Beacuse we would be sitting at possibly 81 talent point trees at the last expansion wich just gets annoying. Besides the specc shouldn't define a good player, you should depending on your playstyle. Aswell as the fact that pve has little variation as it is now except for a few speccs and then it's no major difference.

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well first of all if I am not mistaken the level cap on PTR is still 80, sou you should have only 36 talent points (correct me if I'm wrong ).

And about the new talent trees I must agree with 3Dot. Talent trees are boring and with recent changes some of them are even useless, completely useless. I was looking forward for the cata cuase I was expecting some variations in the talent trees, instead of that they forced me to take stupid or even completely useless talents, this is not fun in my opinion.

Another thing that disappointed are the new spells for warlocks, Fel Flame is weak and boring ability (just a copy/paste of a frostfire bolt with lower damage), Dark intent is just simple copy of Focus magic and Demon soul is "new" Demonic Empowerment. Compared to other classes we did not get anything interesting. I am in the beta so I was able to test out these spells, and I did not like them, they are just boring and they does not bring anything new to us.
    Nope, Chuck Testa.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will correct you, the level cap is 85. You also need to be 85 to pick up Demon Soul to have tried it.

Fel Flame isn't about damage, it's about keeping dots from dropping - it's about Quality of Life. Dark Intent is a much more complex talent than FM. I actually quite like the sound of the new spells, but I am very dissapointed that not one of the trees has delivered a single thing Blizzard promised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I will correct you, the level cap is 85. You also need to be 85 to pick up Demon Soul to have tried it.
    I know that, but still it's another always-on-cooldown ability

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Fel Flame isn't about damage, it's about keeping dots from dropping - it's about Quality of Life. Dark Intent is a much more complex talent than FM. I actually quite like the sound of the new spells, but I am very dissapointed that not one of the trees has delivered a single thing Blizzard promised.
    The Fel Flame thing is nice, but I'd rather have some intresting ability instead of quality of life one also Dark Intent is nice ability but you'll have to use it on DoT/HoT class to profit properly, so in the end it is focus magic
    Nope, Chuck Testa.

Seriously i hate the new trees. There is only 1 spec for PvE and 1 spec for PvP for each tree. And hybrid specs no longer exists. You cant choose anything depending on your playstyle or what you're doing. Cata looks really boring.

I dont really know why blizz are doing this. Do they just want clueless ppl to be able to get a perfect spec without any kind of research? Im sick and tired of how blizz keeps ruining this game and making it boring cuz they want to please the casuals. Everyone including your grandmom should be able to play this game cuz then blizz makes more money and that is all they care about.

Quote Originally Posted by 5648945621 View Post
    Seriously i hate the new trees. There is only 1 spec for PvE and 1 spec for PvP for each tree. And hybrid specs no longer exists. You cant choose anything depending on your playstyle or what you're doing. Cata looks really boring.

I dont really know why blizz are doing this. Do they just want clueless ppl to be able to get a perfect spec without any kind of research? Im sick and tired of how blizz keeps ruining this game and making it boring cuz they want to please the casuals. Everyone including your grandmom should be able to play this game cuz then blizz makes more money and that is all they care about.
    You don't have to play this game. I heard there are other video games out there to play.

I've been looking at the Afflic spec's more and i cant decide, extra point on SoC for Soulburn or 1 more point in Bane? Any1 have any opinion?

15+ Year Old Account
    omg high jster

http://wowtal.com/#k=1WD4p53.a2y.warlock

i think that will be the primary affliction spec for raids.

Despite the stated intentions we have very little real choice.
    Cookie cutter is here to stay.

and that makes me laugh. they lauded the new talent trees as being "more about the fun shit" when, in reality, they're even more prone to cookie-cuttering than before, since the talents are all obvious DPS or obvious not DPS. yes, each build has one or two talents that you can use for "fun" but the fact that there aren't any fun talents to take makes it kinda pointless.

OH YAY! I CAN TAKE COEx FOR PVE..... why am i taking this for PvE again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssith View Post
    OH YAY! I CAN TAKE COEx FOR PVE..... why am i taking this for PvE again?
    Principally because you need to backfil to take some non-DPS talents, and the alternatives aren't very good or offer no PvE utility whatsoever. Oh well.